Finley out 8-13 weeks, possibly season ending

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDIT!!!!
Finley now done for season
Drs decided to repair meniscus instead of removing it. He is done for the year

What else can go wrong? Hope AROD passes his concussion test tomorrow morning, otherwise we get to see what ALL our backups can do ala preseason style next week with the Dolphins

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really starting to think this is something other than bad luck... I mean this is ridiculous... I can't every personally remember a team getting this damaged in just the first 5 weeks... Un-freaking-real.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know who needs to step up now? That guy that's been nearly invisible.. Greg Jennings.

I don't know how he's going to do that with no running game and no Finley... Jennings isn't a go up and get it receiver as we were shown against the Lions. He's a run away from the defender and catch it in open space receiver. No way he's getting away from the defense with Finley gone and no RB. They will just blanket him.

Guys that need to step up are Driver, Jones, Nelson, Quarless and our RB's.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was Green Bay's Team on the cover of Madden or what? I have never saw this many injuries this early into the season. What could be next? Many of our Starters are gone and our depth is being tested many of which not yet know how to win close games. GB still has a good team even with their backups but because not many of them have been game tested we'll have to go through these growing pains. All in all it doesn't equal out to a Championship Run.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. I forgot Jennings was a non-factor when we didn't even have Finley.

you're all forgetting Jennings 80 catch 1200 yard 9 touchdown season BEFORE Finley, and his 50 catch 900 yard 12 td season BEFORE Finley.... Finley isn't the factor in Jennings production or lack there of. The emergence of Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Finley has been taking away from Jennings to be honest. When Rodgers only had Jennings and Driver to throw to, they both got 1000 yards, now, he has 5 weapons at least to use. With Finley out, I think you might see Jennings targets raise quite a bit

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM also did say that it is highly probable that both Matthews and Rodgers miss the game vs the Dolphins.

AWESOME WEEK for GB. Moss to Vikings, Whole division wins while we lose, Lose out on Lynch, Team turns into a M.A.S.H. unit.

AWESOME WEEK.

We should not be thinking SB, we should be thinking of how to stay above .500

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy debbie downers. . .remember the title of this post doesn't say he's lost for the season.

Which is a good thing. He might miss a chunk of the season but when we need him most he'll be back and healthy.

Try to keep your heads up and stay positive instead of just thinking the sky is falling. We're 3-2 and a ton of quality teams are 3-2 and going through this because they just simply dont know what kind of team they have.

I think we know what we have but injuries are holding that back right now. Wait for a few guys to get back and be healthy on the offense and defense. We'll begin clicking soon enough and the sky will be back where it should be.

No need to bombard threads with negativity. We're doing alright and the staff for the Packers knows they need to do more, and they're working on it.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Lets hope Mathews and Rogers will be able to play. If not thats ok because need them Healthy for the week against the Viqueens.

I would much rather want GB to lose to the fins and be healthy for the week after then win the game and lose more starters.

We need all we got to beat the Viqueens and Burnt Fart

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I feel like the football gods are ripping out my heart, showing it to me, and then taking a bite out of it.

This is honestly the most brutal season to be a fan I've seen. This is worse than the 4-12 year a few years ago. That year we were bad. I understood that. This year it's like there's some sort of voodoo witchcraft involved.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you're all forgetting Jennings 80 catch 1200 yard 9 touchdown season BEFORE Finley, and his 50 catch 900 yard 12 td season BEFORE Finley.... Finley isn't the factor in Jennings production or lack there of. The emergence of Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Finley has been taking away from Jennings to be honest. When Rodgers only had Jennings and Driver to throw to, they both got 1000 yards, now, he has 5 weapons at least to use. With Finley out, I think you might see Jennings targets raise quite a bit

I was being sarcastic...

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets hope Mathews and Rogers will be able to play. If not thats ok because need them Healthy for the week against the Viqueens.

I would much rather want GB to lose to the fins and be healthy for the week after then win the game and lose more starters.

We need all we got to beat the Viqueens and Burnt Fart

Call me crazy, but I say you rest Mathews and Rogers to play it extra safe. If we lose the Dolphins thats not nearly as bad as losing to the Vi****s. We need those divisional wins, we are backwards with Chicago already, barely beat Detriot and have a very important game in 2 weeks. Its hard to say what will happen with the Vikings (but we could get a good idea after tonight), but we have to look at each divisional rival differently.

The injuries and penalties...oh please God, make it stop!:rant:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I say you rest Mathews and Rogers to play it extra safe. If we lose the Dolphins thats not nearly as bad as losing to the Vi****s. We need those divisional wins, we are backwards with Chicago already, barely beat Detriot and have a very important game in 2 weeks. Its hard to say what will happen with the Vikings (but we could get a good idea after tonight), but we have to look at each divisional rival differently.

The injuries and penalties...oh please God, make it stop!:rant:

Amen bro, Amen! Rogers for sure for his own safety and Matthews as a precaution and preventative measure. Both these guys are precious to us and we simply cannot lose them for any length of time or God forbid the season (don't even want to think of it!). Matthews will probably want to save up his sack stealth for Favre anyPack. :paladin:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think rodgers will be fine. he'll play this week. he'll just need to get some tips from charles on how to play with no practice :p

acc to flynn there wasnt much difference the next day, i think it was very minor.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy debbie downers. . .remember the title of this post doesn't say he's lost for the season.

Which is a good thing. He might miss a chunk of the season but when we need him most he'll be back and healthy.

Try to keep your heads up and stay positive instead of just thinking the sky is falling. We're 3-2 and a ton of quality teams are 3-2 and going through this because they just simply dont know what kind of team they have.

I think we know what we have but injuries are holding that back right now. Wait for a few guys to get back and be healthy on the offense and defense. We'll begin clicking soon enough and the sky will be back where it should be.

No need to bombard threads with negativity. We're doing alright and the staff for the Packers knows they need to do more, and they're working on it.

Not saying the sky is falling, but wearing rose colored glasses when staring at **** doesnt change the scent of said ****.

-We have not played a COMPLETE GAME yet in 5 games (against less than stellar opponents)

- We are AMASSING injuries at a rate that would make a Vietnam commanding officer blush.

- we seem to be directionless at times, which after 4 seasons, should not be the case with MM anymore. We have burned through 2 OCs, 3 DCs, however many ST and strength and conditioning coaches. The only constant left is TT/ MM, and we STILL HAVE the same issues. We draft for depth, yet always have seemingly no depth past our starter. We focus on the Oline, and yet the oline is a MAJOR issue. We focus on the running game, yet cannot run.We hire a BLITZING genius (2 of them really when including Greene) yet when we need to blitz we drop in zone. there are SO MANY EXAMPLES past these I could give, but thats a whole new thread.

- ST play is still an issue!?! How, after this long can we STILL BE LOSING GAMES based off of field position and turnovers?!?!?

- Penalties at the WORST times. offensive holding on plays resulting in first downs. PI (or other auto 1st downs) always seemingly coming on 3rd down stops.

-poor clock management... over and over again. Wasting timeouts we need, not using timeouts when we should (who else saw Jordy score a TD that we DIDNT challenge. settled for a FG.) Then, with 7 seconds in the 1st half left, from the 20, we try to score (or I assume since we decided to go 5 wide 3 straight plays, one almost turning into a TO) makes zero sense.

-lack of goal line package COMPLETELY this year. Good thing we got a running game, cause it COMPLETELY negates us cutting Havner loose... OH WAIT....

Well at least we have Grant to pound it in... OH WAIT... (not that he was a pounder when we needed him anyway)

Ohh well, at least Rodgers can lob it up to Finley....

OOOpps.

and the biggest, yet most overlooked...

- We cannot closeout bad opponents, we cannot beat good opponents, either with any real consistency, and when was the last time we went down the field and won a game? Last time I remember was before the NFC championship game. All I see now is us losing games we should have won, barely winning games by playing down to our opponent, or letting an inferior opponent who at one point was down by multiple TDs roar right back into it.

I dont blame our players, That rests solidly on the coaching. MM is just not the answer. He never was. TT is not the answer. He WAS at first. He got us out of cap hell with the frugality he maintains. Now it just doesnt make sense. He seems gun shy and self doubting of pulling the trigger.

I dont claim to know what the answer is, but we have now seen 2 out of 4 seasons seemingly wasted due to an inability to adjust to the current circumstances our team finds itself in. We are, after the last 2 weeks, now looking at 3 out of 5. What moves have we made to replace what is now:

out for the year:

Nick Barnett-STARTER
Morgan Burnett-STARTER
Ryan Grant-STARTER
Will Blackman-STARTER (potential)
Allen Barbre- STARTER (potential)
Quinn Porter
Josh Bell
Justin Harrell- supposed STARTER
Johnny Jolly- STARTER ( not injury)

PUP
Al Harris- STARTER
James Starks- supposed future feature back
Atari Bigby- STARTER

and now the newest rash of injuries, NOT MINOR aches and PAINS, but true injuries:

Jermichael Finley- 2-6 weeks STARTER
Donald Lee- 2-4 weeks
Derrick Martin-2-4 weeks
Ryan Pickett- 0-2 weeks STARTER
Clay Matthews 0-2 weeks STARTER
Mark Tauscher- 1-3 weeks STARTER
Brandon Chillar- 1-3 weeks STARTER
and last but not least...

Aaron Rodgers, 0-2 weeks. STARTER

15 out of a potential 28 starters (accounting for variations in OL, DL, DBs, and LBs)

15!!!!

Saying the sky is not falling when that many starters are hurt is like saying "this is just turbulence" when your plane is short one wing and you are staring outside without looking out a window.

At this point it just sounds like we are trying to convince ourselves. I am not saying we cannot overcome, just that we are going to need some MASSIVE adjustments.

The only problem is that over the last 5 years, the whole "adjusting" thing.... not been what we are so good at. IN ANY ASPECT of this sport.

Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts