Finley opens mouth again

Stog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley will never be a team first guy. He has clearly shown that. He has also shown the potential to be a monster of a weapon for the Pack, if he can catch the ball that is. But frankly, I am never sad when divas leave the teams I root for. We don't need some guy who is going to bad mouth our leader and best player. Find a way to shut him up or get rid of him Ted.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Seriously though, this guy doesn't come across as an arrogant, narcissistic P.O.S. when he's being interviewed live by the local media. He and his wife are involved in the community and he's a good family man (or so it appears) from this side of the interviewer's camera. THIS is the point where his agent should be telling him to stay the hell off of Twitter -- then again, his moron agent can't stay off of Twitter -- so... never mind. :rollingeyessmiliegoeshere:

I'm really thinking this guy needs some lessons in elocution, as well as some medical attention for 'hands' that resemble ping-pong paddles (heard that somewhere...made me laugh...so I steal it).

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an outright critic of Finley in his rookie year and was very angry that we did not get Tony Gonzalez when we had the chance. But I still have to admit that he physically has more talent and ability than any Packer TE in history. He just thinks this game is too easy. If anyone can convince him that talent and success goes hand in hand with hard work. The guy to the left of this post certainly proved that.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
quote="Alex, post: 468986, member: 6251"]Sorry, like I said I didn't read it but saw it on ESPN. Here's an article I found that had the interview in there about the 4th paragraph down:

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/11/jermichael-finley-calls-aaron-rodgers-scared-in-interview/[/quote]

That's what I thought. When you read the comment in the context of the entire quote of him it sounds a lot different.

“I think he’s playing good, but like I said, this is a team sport, and it’s going to take all 11 of us on the field when he’s on the field with us,” Finley said. “I don’t put it all on him. It’s his receiving corps, we’re dropping balls; it’s his linemen not blocking for him. He’s got a lot to think about. I would be scared, too, if I was getting hit like that.”

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep waiting for him to grow up. I'm becoming more doubtful that will ever happen. He isn't as good as he thinks he is right now but he could be a beast.

And whoever said cut him doesn't realize the salary cap implications if Thompson did that.

Care to elaborate on the salary cap implications? His "Two year" deal is really a one year deal with the option for a second. IIRC, his salary this year is guaranteed. Next year's isn't.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to elaborate on the salary cap implications? His "Two year" deal is really a one year deal with the option for a second. IIRC, his salary this year is guaranteed. Next year's isn't.

Surely. The poster said cut him with the indication it should be now. So with a salary of $5.2 mil this year I'm assuming a good chunk of that would impact our salary cap if we cut him 10/14/2012.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="[/quote]

That's what I thought. When you read the comment in the context of the entire quote of him it sounds a lot different.

“I think he’s playing good, but like I said, this is a team sport, and it’s going to take all 11 of us on the field when he’s on the field with us,” Finley said. “I don’t put it all on him. It’s his receiving corps, we’re dropping balls; it’s his linemen not blocking for him. He’s got a lot to think about. I would be scared, too, if I was getting hit like that.”[/quote]

Still just something that didn't need to be said. I'm sure it was unintentional but that's the problem..he has no filter.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could learn a lot from Jordy Nelson.
Make plays and keep your big trap shut.

After seeing how he sucked against the Texans tonight, I wouldn't mind seeing JF leave. He should make sure the door don't hit his butt on the way out.
If he can get a grip on the door handle that is.

And also after seeing how he failed against the Texans, I'm going to write to the Pope to nominate him for sainthood.
Why?
Because it must be a 100% bona fide real miracle whenever he catches the ball and doesn't drop it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Finley's defense tonight, he was injured. Not sure if that played any part in his production tonight or not.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerdroppal Paddlehands...buh bye.
Oh man. I really, really hope so.

I was willing to give the guy a break. Maybe even defend him here with stuff like, "Give him a second chance, guys."
Stuff like that.
But now after watching this LOSER! I agree with you all.
Cut him lose ASAP.
He does not fit in with the Packers system at all.
First with the diarrhea of his big ugly mouth.
Second with his "Me first. None of you guys or the team matters." attitude.
3rd with his dropped passes.

If/when Aaron throws to other receivers and if Finley doesn't like it, he has only himself and no one else to blame and we can't blame Aaron for going to others.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I heard the announcers say as much...if your not up to playing 100%...let someone else step up!!! REALLY!!!!
:mad:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another drop (maybe 2) tonight, poor effort on another route, NEVER breaks a tackle even when he catches the ball. This guy is the poster child for an underachiever.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad shoulder or not I couldn't tell the difference with him from any other game. Still drops balls. Constantly.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by what I said over a year ago, the offense is better without him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Got to be honest, I didn`t see very much from him last night. I KNOW he was on the field at sometime.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless we were to get a fantastic trade offer, Finley's not going anywhere this season, so we might as well shelve that idea now. Mid-season trades seldom work out, often failing to have an immediate impact on the new team. If anything, teams will wait for us to release him in the off-season and then go get him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In Finley's defense tonight, he was injured. Not sure if that played any part in his production tonight or not.
there were a few banged up players on the field last night mate, but they managed to do thier jobs well enough....IMO

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even convinced he is truly injured to the extent he's been leading on - he stone cold dropped the ball on the play he got "hurt" on, and it was the perfect time to be injured to take the blame off of the astronomical rate of his drops. The chemistry excuse is so unbelievably stupid considering there have been a multitude of opportunities, he just can't get out of his funk of dropping the ball. Sometimes a change of scenery is necessary, even if he does pan out somewhere else.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even convinced he is truly injured to the extent he's been leading on - he stone cold dropped the ball on the play he got "hurt" on, and it was the perfect time to be injured to take the blame off of the astronomical rate off . The chemistry excuse is so unbelievably stupid considering there have been a multitude of opportunities, he just can't get out of his funk of dropping the ball. Sometimes a change of scenery is necessary, even if he does pan out somewhere else.

Or taking his gloves off to help feel the ball, or being handed his hat...or becoming ping pong champion of the world...ROFL

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody else notice Rogers praising his receivers last night, but no mention of Finley. Unless there is a huge change in production, it's unlikely he'll be given the $4.45 million due in March of 2013 along with ~6 million in salary for 2013. he'll either be traded, or released when free agency begins.

Members online

Latest posts