Finley injured in OTA

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was right above the initial story:

Finley says he's OK
It seems the Packers dodged a bullet with the collision that left Jermichael Finley on the ground.

Moving without a significant limp in the locker room, Finley said he lost his wind when his knee hit his chest and he doesn't believe the leg injury is anything significant. He didn't feel a pop or anything to make him believe it's something worse.

Coach Mike McCarthy said the training staff would check out Finley's shin and ankle. It's unclear whether he'll miss any practice time, but the team generally is cautious during offseason practices.

Whew.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They cleared that one up in a hurry. Whew is right. Guess Arod took a good blow today too.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
And I thought OTA's were suppose to be non-contact eh.. I guessing "bumping" into someone might be over-looked.

Don't beat them up in June Mike..

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I thought OTA's were suppose to be non-contact eh.. I guessing "bumping" into someone might be over-looked.

Don't beat them up in June Mike..

*Malone, LB A.J. Hawk and DE Jason Hunter batted down passes during team drills.

* MLB Nick Barnett returned to practice after skipping it last week.

* With starting CBs Charles Woodson and Al Harris on the field at the same time, Tramon Williams was the third CB in the nickel package.

* Orrin Thompson continues to work at LT while veteran Chad Clifton rests. Allen Barbre worked at LG with the first unit.

* TE Tory Humphrey, who made his OTA debut Tuesday, opened team (11-on-11) periods alongside starter Donald Lee in a two-tight set with the No. 1 offense.

* Junius Coston is getting a lot of work at center, including some today with the No. 1 offense. But he was yanked after an illegal snap during the blitz period.

* S Nick Collins intercepted Rodgers over the middle during a team period. Rodgers was sandwiched on the play and ended up on the ground. It was tough to tell whether the contact affected the throw, but coach Mike McCarthy said it shouldn't have been made regardless.

* Rookie QB Matt Flynn started 0-for-4 passing during team drills before finally hitting Chris Francies, who slipped behind Jarrett Bush at the left sideline.

* Tramon Williams and rookie Jordy Nelson took the first reps as kick returners. A bunch of others rotated in, including Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, DeShawn Wynn, Brett Swain, Taj Smith and Kregg Lumpkin.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, im sure glad he didn't pop the knee or something.

CB Jarrett Bush at some point will begin practicing some at safety.

Safety? strong safety of free safety? Do we need depth at safety

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre2driver said:

Do we need Jarrett Bush?

haha... i swear i had high hopes for Bush. but it seemed last year that he gave up a ton of TD's when he was one on one with someone.

hes still young though.

maybe the coaches are gonna keep him on roster as a utility guy in the secondary. a guy that could fill in in a pinch or maybe Safety would be a better fit for him.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One guy to backup two positions isn't exactly ideal depth. Injury bugs bite, and when they do, it's usually in swarms...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* Tramon Williams and rookie Jordy Nelson took the first reps as kick returners. A bunch of others rotated in, including Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, DeShawn Wynn, Brett Swain, Taj Smith and Kregg Lumpkin.[/b]

This position I'd like to see. Who replaces Koren? So it looks like T Williams and Nelson so far as our KR starters.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* Tramon Williams and rookie Jordy Nelson took the first reps as kick returners. A bunch of others rotated in, including Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, DeShawn Wynn, Brett Swain, Taj Smith and Kregg Lumpkin.[/b]

That was the most exciting news out of those blurbs. Remember when Davenport would return kicks and he'd utterly destroy the first person who tried to tackle him? That's what Wynn does. He likely won't break any(1 at the most) for TDs, but it should get consistent field position. He wouldn't do any flashy side-to-side moves. North-South and someone and gets knocked out at the end of it.

I hope he gets the job.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* Montgomery elicited yells when he sent G Daryn into a backwards somersault during 1-on-1 pass rushing.

The mental image of Daryn Colledge getting knocked ***-over-teakettle by a backup DE should be a funny one, but somehow... it just isn't. Not looking good. Maybe soon he'll be backing up Clifton like he should be.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The mental image of Daryn Colledge getting knocked ***-over-teakettle by a backup DE should be a funny one, but somehow... it just isn't. Not looking good. Maybe soon he'll be backing up Clifton like he should be.

I think Colledge is slow getting out of his set stance, I think I remarked about that somepoint last year.. and playing interior line you are almost always going to be resting alot of your weight forward in the stance.. where playing tackle, you can sit a little bit further back in your stance and thus may help Colledge along as well.. not to mention he plays with his pads too high in general to be an interior lineman..

Overall he isn't a guard, plain an simple IMO and as others have said, he could play in relief but I don't think he will ever be a top shelf guard in this league.. now outside he at least has a "punchers" chance..

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

I think Colledge is slow getting out of his set stance, I think I remarked about that somepoint last year.. and playing interior line you are almost always going to be resting alot of your weight forward in the stance.. where playing tackle, you can sit a little bit further back in your stance and thus may help Colledge along as well.. not to mention he plays with his pads too high in general to be an interior lineman..

Overall he isn't a guard, plain an simple IMO and as others have said, he could play in relief but I don't think he will ever be a top shelf guard in this league.. now outside he at least has a "punchers" chance..

You know, I thought about it a bit after I posted. The OTAs are supposed to be half-speed and non-contact. What probably happened was that Thompson got a little more fired up than he should have and caught Colledge by surprise. (At that's what I hope happened.)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the most exciting news out of those blurbs. Remember when Davenport would return kicks and he'd utterly destroy the first person who tried to tackle him? That's what Wynn does. He likely won't break any(1 at the most) for TDs, but it should get consistent field position. He wouldn't do any flashy side-to-side moves. North-South and someone and gets knocked out at the end of it.

I hope he gets the job.

Oh yeah. Davenport never got past the 35 yard-line, but the guy tackling him would lose 10-15 hit points. That was worth watching.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts