Finley fined 15 grand

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suggs was set in a three point stance and Finley motioned to cover the tackle. Suggs never looked up and didn't know Finley was there and Finley smoked him. Great play on Finley's part. You have to hit guys like that to give them a seconds' hesitation. Quarless did a similar thing to Allen two years ago. Great blindside hit.

Elam not getting fined is the right call too. Tackling a guy at the knees is what you're supposed to do. Fair play.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the NFL somehow knows that not every hit that leads to a fine is intentional.
If they were really serious about trying to stop every hit that can get a fine then why not up the cost?
Charge 'em six figures then I will start to think the NFL is serious about the fine and player safety rhetoric.

Seriously though, this fine business is getting out of hand.
They should levy fines for things that are obviously with no question intentional.
And I wonder if the fines help prevent anything at all.
We still have players getting injured on all the teams every week and you still have players out there acting as they do such as NamadingalingKingKong Sir of the Lions.
I'm not sure if fines have changed anything. Except for making someone somewhere richer for it.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why we're starting to see flops just like in basketball.

Members online

Latest posts