1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Finally some Bubba rumblings...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Aug 23, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    on the Fox 11 TC report tonite, one of the hosts (the guy who isn't Johnny Gray) said that he spoke w/ TT today and said that talks have picked up w/ Bubba and hinted that a deal could be signed by the end of this week.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great to hear! Maybe with all the injuries, and the obvious fact that the TE position is the weakest on our team, it got both sides gearing up to talk and get a deal done, and soon at that!

3. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Bubba" Franks isn't going to lose any money, He will be in here before the first regular season game and regular game pay checks start coming in.

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    PW...

true..but the Pack should do the right thing and work out a good contract that's fair to very good player....

if they always take a hardline stance and want to screw players over..then nobody will want to come and play for GB....

5. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope that is true.Bubba doesn't get hurt and miss games,he deserves to get a decent paycheck. He's been to the pro bowl a few times,and he is better than anything else we have!

6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I've worried about this too...I thought MS was a bit of push over when it came to contracts, which is one extreme, but like you say, you don't want to come off as the most frugal team in the league.

7. grabthar

grabthar Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I wouldn't mind that. That Patriots and the Eagles are two of the most frugal teams in the leage. They are constantly releasing players who want more money and they seem to be doing alright.

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bubba deserves an extension, but he doesn't deserve $4 million a year. I'd probaby give him a little extra because he's always, I mean always, there i.e. never misses a game or practise, and he's a positive influence in the locker room.

9. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I was going to comment on that as well grabthar, that NE has made it work...I'm just going to play the part of Captain Cliche and say that a happy medium would be nice.

As for Bubba, I agree TO...4 mil is too much, but whatever the Pack was offering him was a little low for what he has, and can continue to do for the Packers.

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Bubba will get 3 million a year.

11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Boy was I wrong. He got 4 million, which is what he was asking for. If that's the case, why in the world didn't they sign him weeks ago?

12. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    house, I think that it will start out at 3 million a year, with the salary rising yearly. Or it could be backloaded, which would mean that Bubba would be released after a few years.

13. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    exactly...I'm guessing he'll be here for 5 of the 7 yrs.