Final 53 -- Play GM and build your roster link

Sky King

Reaction score
The message linked below is a powerful observation that was written by a college rugby coach. Never mind the sport. The message is relevant to all sports. It could very well refer to what the GM and HC may be looking to avoid as they assemble "Packer People" on the roster.

The open letter in the link may be available only for those on LinkedIn. I would have cut and paste the article but I believe that goes against the rules. If you are able to open the link I trust you will greatly enjoy the content of the read. It's good stuff.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-letter-athlete-we-must-stop-recruiting-becky-carlson

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
http://content.packersnews.com/pack...F21&practicecode=F80F78F105F84F56F79F63F61F67
Changes it wouldn't let me do:
Couldn't figure out FA signings to get a cheaper role player here and there.
Crockett and Davis should swap spots but it required me to keep 4 RB's on the roster. In that scenario, 18 & 88 are the third RB's.
Murphy and Ringo start on 53 in lieu of suspended players.
A few spots will open via injury for the PS players that really are to good to be there. I'm looking at this years draft picks for this.

RyanO4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB (2) Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley
RB (4) Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Crockett, Aaron Ripkowski(FB)
TE (4) Jared Cook, Richard Rodgers, Kennard Backman, Justin Perillo
WR (6) Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, Jared Abbrederis, Trevor Davis
OL (9) David Baktiari, Josh Sitton, Corey Linsley, TJ Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Springs, Lane Taylor, JC Tretter, Kyle Murphy
ST (3) Mason Crosby, Peter Mortell, Rick Lovato
DL (5) Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Letroy Guion, Christian Ringo, Dean Lowery
OLB (7) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Nick Perry, Jayrone Elliot, Datone Jones, Kyler Fackler, Lerentee McCray
ILB (4) Jake Ryan, Blake Martinez, Sam Barrington, Joe Thomas
DB (9) Sam Shields, Morgan Burnett, Haha Clinton-Dix, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Micah Hyde, Ladarius Gunter, Chris Banjo, Robertson Daniel

Suspended: Demetri Goodson(DB), Mike Pennel(DL)

PUP: Ty Montgomery(WR)

PS: Marquise Williams(QB), Don Jackson(RB), Beniquez Brown(ILB), Mackinton Dorleant (DB), Mitchell Henry(TE), Matt Rotheram(OL), Brian Price(DL), Carl Bradford(ILB), Kentrell Brice(DB), Geronimo Allison(WR)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
http://content.packersnews.com/pack...F21&practicecode=F80F78F105F84F56F79F63F61F67
Changes it wouldn't let me do:
Couldn't figure out FA signings to get a cheaper role player here and there.
Crockett and Davis should swap spots but it required me to keep 4 RB's on the roster. In that scenario, 18 & 88 are the third RB's.
Murphy and Ringo start on 53 in lieu of suspended players.
A few spots will open via injury for the PS players that really are to good to be there. I'm looking at this years draft picks for this.
After 1st preseason game, changes I'd make.
Keep Barclay, Perillo, Brice.
Ditch Walker (PS), Goodson (Cut after suspension), Henry (PS).
IR Janis and keep Bradford for a 12th LB or Crockett as the third RB.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Adams might be fighting for a roster spot possibly
I wouldn't go that far. But I would say he's fighting to keep that #4 Wr spot. TyMo and Abby are giving him a run for his money this camp. I was extremely excited when we drafted Adams out of Fresno St. But he hasn't been the dynamic receiver we expected. He looked like a stud when Carr was throwing him the ball. He also looked good his rookie season. But last season was a vast disappointing display. This year would be big for us if he broke out

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay? Why he is soooo bad? Spriggs as a rookie is head and shoulders above him. Listen Barclay was once a capable tackle. But he isnt the same since the knee injury. Do you not remember the way he played last season. He would not keep Rodgers upright and healthy. He is the Mike Remmers of our squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm convinced the Packers will keep three running backs on the final roster. Especially as only a single fullback will make the 53.

I wouldn't go that far. But I would say he's fighting to keep that #4 Wr spot. TyMo and Abby are giving him a run for his money this camp. I was extremely excited when we drafted Adams out of Fresno St. But he hasn't been the dynamic receiver we expected. He looked like a stud when Carr was throwing him the ball. He also looked good his rookie season. But last season was a vast disappointing display. This year would be big for us if he broke out

Adams is still the front-runner to start on the outside opposite of Nelson. He will have to perform on a higher level than last season to keep that job though.

Barclay? Why he is soooo bad? Spriggs as a rookie is head and shoulders above him. Listen Barclay was once a capable tackle. But he isnt the same since the knee injury. Do you not remember the way he played last season. He would not keep Rodgers upright and healthy. He is the Mike Remmers of our squad.

According to several reports from training camp Barclay looks way better this season being two years removed from tearing his ACL. While you don't want him to start he's a versatile backup capable of stepping in at all five positions on the offensive line.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he stinks up the joint again, Adams will be on the roster due to having been a 2nd round pick.
Have heard nothing but good things about Barclay. Not only has he looked good, he's looked good at all five positions.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even if he stinks up the joint again, Adams will be on the roster due to having been a 2nd round pick.
Have heard nothing but good things about Barclay. Not only has he looked good, he's looked good at all five positions.

I don't think Adams being a second round pick is the reason he will make the roster. While he struggled last season a lot of fans forget that he has been productive over his two year career with a total of 88 receptions.

Barclay has looked way better than last season so far, aside of probably being responsible for the safety again the Browns of course.

Members online

Latest posts