Final 2014 mocks

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it for the most part, Brooks won't be there in the third round though, don't think we have to draft another TE and I don't like Barrow at all. Rather want to have Smallwood.
Yeah don't even really know anything about barrow. Just chose a guy who scouts have said would fit at 3-4 ILB. But I would rather have Smallwood also and now that I've looked more at barrow, he seems like another Jamari Lattimore. What other prospects are there outside Smallwood and the obvious, Mosley.. Who could play ILB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah don't even really know anything about barrow. Just chose a guy who scouts have said would fit at 3-4 ILB. But I would rather have Smallwood also and now that I've looked more at barrow, he seems like another Jamari Lattimore. What other prospects are there outside Smallwood and the obvious, Mosley.. Who could play ILB?

I have to admit that I don't like any of the other prospects at ILB.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that I don't like any of the other prospects at ILB.

They seem to small or not athletic enough. I think a lot of the guys who get drafted in rounds 4-7 would be UDFA in an average ILB draft.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think DJ Smith would have developed into a better ILB than brad jones.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) Shazier isn´t a great fit for the Packers defense and B) nobody, aside of you, cares about the fact which round the guys were drafted.
A) Many others disagree with your assessment there, including many professional journalists who get paid to make such assessments, and who have the opportunity to talk to a wide assortment of NFL scouts.

B) I care if they are "talented" enough to warrant first round picks.
When we got Woodson in 2006, people laughed because he'd been hurt or crap for 3 years.
I loved his upside, which is the natural talent/ability he always possessed which warranted him being worthy of a 1st round pick.
Same with Ryan Pickett, who had been a 1st round pick of the Rams 4 years earlier.

Sometimes, talented players take longer to blossom, sometimes they don't thrive in a particular scheme, system, environment, or team.
But getting "talent" is good.

I think Nick Perry and Datone Jones have 1st round ability, just hoping they stay healthy and will put it together.

Peppers, whether you think he's too old or not, possesses talent and ability that we have not seen at that position for a long time.

That excites me.
And that's why I care that we added him and his talent.

It worked for the Niners too, adding former first round picks to their program like Donte Whitner, Carlos Rogers, Justin Smith, and Ted Ginn.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) Many others disagree with your assessment there, including many professional journalists who get paid to make such assessments, and who have the opportunity to talk to a wide assortment of NFL scouts.

When we got Woodson in 2006, people laughed because he'd been hurt or crap for 3 years.
I loved his upside, which is the natural talent/ability he always possessed which warranted him being worthy of a 1st round pick.
Same with Ryan Pickett, who had been a 1st round pick of the Rams 4 years earlier.

Sometimes, talented players take longer to blossom, sometimes they don't thrive in a particular scheme, system, environment, or team.

I think Nick Perry and Datone Jones have 1st round ability, just hoping they stay healthy and will put it together.

Peppers, whether you think he's too old or not, possesses talent and ability that we have not seen at that position for a long time.

That excites me.

It worked for the Niners too, adding former first round picks to their program like Donte Whitner, Carlos Rogers, Justin Smith, and Ted Ginn.

I think you're basically arguing a point that there's no point to argue. There is no "1st round ability" there's "pro and elite ability" I mean, just because somebody gets drafted in the 7th round doesn't mean they won't end up with "pro ability" I'm sure if everyone knew how good Donald driver would turn out to be, he would have been drafted in the first. A players "ability" has nothing to do with rounds of the draft. That's just what a bunch of scouts think. Someone's true "ability" is determined by their play after the draft is over during their career. They can never get drafted again, so why would you call it 1st round talent? Justin Harrell had 1st round talent. Wanna give him a call? No.. I just don't see your point in arguing something like this....

D

Deleted member 6794

Scouts and journalists are wrong all the time, I just don´t see Shazier being a good fit with the Packers.

That excites me.

Once they´re in the league production is the only thing that matters to me. Matthews and Peppers have lived up to being drafted in the first round, none of the others have come close to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts