Fifty Best Players in the NFL

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many players I would disagree with, especially Mario at 8. He's gotten better, but come on, that doesn't warrant him the BEST DE IN THE NFL.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was saying Brady is better than Manning years ago. Years ago, not last year.

AP at #15? A little low, I'd say. This year, he'll threaten LT for the #1 RB spot in terms of fantasy production. Sure, not a great receiving threat out of the backfield, but he'll make up for it in other ways.

What's interesting is Charles Woodson at #18 and our only other Packer on that list is Kampman at #45. Does this guy realize Harris takes the #1 WR? There's usually a pretty significant difference between the #1 WR and #2 WR on pretty much any team, so of course Woodson is going to stand out more than Harris. You flip flop them and you might get the opposite results, with Harris shining with INTs returned for TDs and you'll see a lot more INTs for Harris.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 Vikings in the top 20. The Vikes continue their total domination of April through August.

And Yes , Woodson is our best CB period.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
sometimes it's still strange to me that Charles Woodson is a Packer.

I know. Sorry Badger fans, I follow the Wolverines and I was wishing out of college that somehow Woodson would land in GB. I knew it was a pipe dream back then but funny how things work out. He was flat-out dominating at Ann Arbor and he's playing at a very high level now at 30+. Sorry but there's no comparison between Harris and Woodson in my opinion.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all know I Love Chuck. Harris very Solid all year until the NFC Championship game.

The bottom line is this, T.T. and M.M. need to focus on replacing both of them.... They are getting long in the tooth.

Perhaps in next next years draft, focus on a stud, and "God Forbid" TRADE UP. from the 32nd pick to get him. I will have to check out next years draft talent at CB,

R.P.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackmon and Williams are licking their chops waiting for their turn to start on this defense. If Blackmon can stay healthy and Williams continues to ascend, this tandem could produce big time. We'll see.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carson Palmer at #8? Very questionable...

I think Palmer is the 3rd best QB in the NFL so I don't think that's much of a question mark. For the situation he's in, Palmer seems to be holding his own fairly well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
You all know I Love Chuck. Harris very Solid all year until the NFC Championship game.

The bottom line is this, T.T. and M.M. need to focus on replacing both of them.... They are getting long in the tooth.

Perhaps in next next years draft, focus on a stud, and "God Forbid" TRADE UP. from the 32nd pick to get him. I will have to check out next years draft talent at CB,

R.P.

TT will continue to draft CBs, and in '09, don't be surprised if we see him trade up.

Drafting CBs isn't easy though. Sometimes you have someone you think is a sure shot and he flounders in the NFL. That position is almost as hard to pick as QB.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
, Woodson is our best CB period.
:agree: And it is not even close.

Pure speculation. Maybe you both missed the thread where I posted the #s for every top 15 WR that Harris faced last season? He allowed 2 TDs in the regular season by some dominant #1s. I'm surprised that 2 poor showings out of 18 games is enough to write a guy off.

Woody's a playmaker no doubt, but Harris still shuts guys down.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
kewlbeans said:

Pure speculation. Maybe you both missed the thread where I posted the #s for every top 15 WR that Harris faced last season? He allowed 2 TDs in the regular season by some dominant #1s. I'm surprised that 2 poor showings out of 18 games is enough to write a guy off.

True harris did play against better wr`s but ... in the important plays and games he couldn`t match up with them ... if we had woodson covering plaxico it wouuld of had been a complete different game favoring the packers taht im sure of it

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
kewlbeans said:

I agree with PIB. Saying Woody is better than Al is speculation.

Is MM wrong? Why does MM have Al cover our opponent's #1 WR? Surely you don't think Harris overrides MM and tells him that's the way it flies.

Not saying MM can't be wrong, because he has been wrong before. I'm just saying MM obviously thinks Al Harris should be covering the #1 WR.

Besides a few games last year, Harris pretty much shut down the #1 WR and that's why he was in the Pro Bowl.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Greg Jennings' non-appearance on this list makes it irrelevant.

There's actually truth to this. Greg Jennings in the open field is like watching old Gale Sayers video. He's pretty much gone and there's not a ***** thing opponents can do once he's in the open field. He didn't get 12 TDs last year in 14 games just sitting around and filing his toenails.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is that Wes Welker is only #48 on that list?

112 catches, 1175 yards, 8 TDs in regular season, and being the guy who was doing everything RIGHT for the Patriots in the SB.
Hmm...

I think Welker got slighted here.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a better player at his position than Devin Hester?

The Bears just need to give up more field goals so that he can get more kickoff returns for TD's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts