Field Goal...wide to the left...and the right...yikes!

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Longwell back...even thought he missed a pat at the Tampa game last year...I was at that game...we lost by 1 pt....Those jokers kicking tonite looked like high school players...and that is an insult to high schoolers...these kickers...make me say...I hope Gramatica does not make the cut with the Pats...he is up against a 4th rounder...I say...the pack will look to the waver wire to find its next kicker...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I agree I miss longwell a lot (and Darren Sharper) but I think they will do an alright job, not as good as longwell, but exceptional

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
u miss sharper? Collins, Manuel,Underwood,Culver looks real good. Underwood and Culver were solid tonight. And manuel was getting pissed the D was allowing points. he actually cared about a scrimmage, i love it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not gonna lie... i loved sharper, he was one of my faves. then he went and did the worst thing i can even imagine. in my opinion johnny damon going to the yankees pales in comparison to sharper leaving the pack for minny. Mostly because hes loving life over there and kinda rubbing it in.

But you guys are scaring me about the kicker. Is it really that bad?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Giants will release Jay Feely.
He just built a summer home up here in the U.P. about 20 miles of my house.
That puts him only 3 hours north of Green Bay.
He has been up here coaching up high school kickers this summer and appearing at golf tournaments.
I'm sure he knows he is playing around in Packer Country.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
u miss sharper? Collins, Manuel,Underwood,Culver looks real good. Underwood and Culver were solid tonight. And manuel was getting pissed the D was allowing points. he actually cared about a scrimmage, i love it.

trom: this is the second time you have written this. I am confused! Nick Collins did not play much and jogged off the field (thank God) after he was shaken up when he slipped on piece of concrete on the warning track in front of the Lambeau Field stands.

And Manuel is still on the PUP list isn't he?

Sorry Trom -- a case of mistaken identity

all about da packers said:
Yeah trom, Gado looked to have added weight, but I was really unimpressed.

Carroll impressed me, but that has happened before...

Good call on Hunter, but I was looking for Tollefson to step up... still hoping that happens.

Depth Chart for Scrimmage:

FS - Collins
SS - Manuel
CB - Harris
CB - Woodson

LB - Hawk
LB - Barnett
LB - Taylor

DE - KGB
DE - A-Kamp
DT - Ryan Pickett
DT - Kendrick Allen

Just for the record: Manuel is still on the PUP list, Woodson did not play and Cole started ahead of Allen.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried I want Longwell back, but these kickers have more power and I'm positive that helps.

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starpass said:
I want Longwell back...even thought he missed a pat at the Tampa game last year...I was at that game...we lost by 1 pt....Those jokers kicking tonite looked like high school players...and that is an insult to high schoolers...these kickers...make me say...I hope Gramatica does not make the cut with the Pats...he is up against a 4th rounder...I say...the pack will look to the waver wire to find its next kicker...

100% agree. I think they looked horrible... I hope it was a mental issue :-/

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The title of this thread is misleading...every miss was wide to the left. There was no "wide to the right" FG last night!

Seriously though, some good can be taken from the kicking game...at least they can kick the ball beyond the 15 yard line unlike our former kicker Sir Ryan "Whines A Lot"...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Seriously though, some good can be taken from the kicking game...at least they can kick the ball beyond the 15 yard line unlike our former kicker Sir Ryan "Whines A Lot"...

which is what I said.

I'm sure the Pack wont struggle so bad with kicking

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
NDPackerFan said:

which is what I said.

I'm sure the Pack wont struggle so bad with kicking

I seriously hope not. If our season is like last year(I hope not) we will need a good kicker. 5 games decided my 3 or less points. I liked Ryan Longwell had nothing against him really... I thought he would have a long career in a packers uniform.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did have a long Packer Career he played 8 years (the average years in a players career is like 2 or 3)

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I meant rest of his career a packer. He must of not been so loyal if he went to one of our most hated teams the Vikings.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes just like Sharper :x :x :x :x

but I still wish we had both back

Members online

Latest posts