Few Mock Draft Predictions as of 12/11/2019

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna lie...I sense solid chance Kenneth Murray might be gone by this pick (currently projecting as the 27th) BUT I would not dislike this pick at all.

What they say:

--------
27. Green Bay PackersKenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

2019 season stats: 3 sacks, 85 total tackes, 3 passes defended

The Packers run defense has been atrocious, ranking 28th this year. Murray emerged as one of the best tacklers in college football, and at 6-2, 240 pounds, he would be a force in Mike Pettine’s defense.
--------

In this mock the only WR that is available when we pick that could garner attention arguably is predicted to go right after us and that is Tee Higgins (Clemson)

Another recently posted mock draft I typically like following is over at Draftwire and they predict with Kenneth Murray gone we go LB still but Dylan Moses (Alabama)

In their mock the most notable WR/TE options bypassed that were available are: Hunter Bryant (Washington) TE which I've heard some like his fit here...but we also pass on Justin Jefferson (LSU) but IMO neither is 1st round worthy.

That same mock does a 2nd round and has us taking a TCU WR named Jalen Reagor. I know someone here had mentioned they LOVE him in the early middle to middle rounds....me personally I like the 3rd for a WR if you cannot get one of the TOP FLIGHT options and would go Tommy Kraemer in the 2nd...

That said they have us go OL in the 3rd with Solomon Kindley (Georgia)...I'll just say the OL Coach from Georgia that I believe just got the ARkansas job is HIGHLY regarded by many for his premiere skills at getting the most out of his lineman and teaching technique so be a solid pick in the 3rd.

Honestly, this 3 round recent draft prediction IMO is highly likely...I foresee a WR or TE, LB and a OL drafted in our first 3 or first 4 picks.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't wrap my head around why people want another TE Day 1 or Day 2 after we just got Sternberger. TEs take 3-4 years to develop and there's not a single TE in this class who shows any appeal to being a Day 1 starter. That pick would be better spent on a DE.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't wrap my head around why people want another TE Day 1 or Day 2 after we just got Sternberger. TEs take 3-4 years to develop and there's not a single TE in this class who shows any appeal to being a Day 1 starter. That pick would be better spent on a DE.

Personally speaking I'm a never TE in first round rarely if ever type so I agree there.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I merely brought up the most notable bypassed because I know many feel TE is a real need. I've long said personally I think that depends strongly on how well our staff feels Tonyan and Jace can answer the bell cow

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Murray at late in the first too...lets hope. I think there going to be a run on 4-5 Edge, QB, OT and WR before we pick. If were lucky we land Murray..if not we got value at the number 1 or 2 DL or IOL. I would rather get the number 1 or 2 guy....than number 5 or 6 guy at any position.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another recently posted mock draft I typically like following is over at Draftwire and they predict with Kenneth Murray gone we go LB still but Dylan Moses (Alabama)

Yeah, I've seen others pointing Moses at the Pack too. I'm skittish about him as he's coming off an ACL tear. The good news I've seen a bunch of ILB types projected in that 2nd to 4th round range. Finding one there would be nice.

On top of the draft, we need depth just about everywhere so I would not give birth to a cow over any position but, I think the right side of the offensive line is priority one. Every week I cross every possible appendage hoping we don't get an injury there.

D

Deleted member 6794

I merely brought up the most notable bypassed because I know many feel TE is a real need. I've long said personally I think that depends strongly on how well our staff feels Tonyan and Jace can answer the bell cow

The Packers need to address the tight end position next offseason, Gutekunst should use free agency to improve the talent level after releasing Graham as soon as the season is over with. Relying on Tonyan and Sternberger to develop into impact players isn't good enough.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to address the tight end position next offseason, Gutekunst should use free agency to improve the talent level after releasing Graham as soon as the season is over with. Relying on Tonyan and Sternberger to develop into impact players isn't good enough.

Is Big Dog on a one year? If Lewis wants back I would love to see us sign him and enter the season with him, Tonyan, Jace and a FA or upper draft level TE.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can draft/sign an impact WR, possibly two, I wouldn't mind Lewis as the starter, allowing Sternberger and Tonyan to compete for the 2nd spot. If we keep signing more TEs, then the previous acquisitions of those two are wasted or at least watered down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewis's contract is up this after this year, I'm all for resigning him 100%

D

Deleted member 6794

Is Big Dog on a one year? If Lewis wants back I would love to see us sign him and enter the season with him, Tonyan, Jace and a FA or upper draft level TE.

Lewis signed a one-year, $2.1 million contract with the Packers on March 14. He will be a free agent after this season once again.

If we can draft/sign an impact WR, possibly two, I wouldn't mind Lewis as the starter, allowing Sternberger and Tonyan to compete for the 2nd spot. If we keep signing more TEs, then the previous acquisitions of those two are wasted or at least watered down.

I wouldn't mind Lewis returning for another season but he should definitely not be the one on top of the depth chart entering next season.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been doing a couple mock draft with Fanspeaks simulation and have been picking Isaiah Simmons because he has been dropping. Highly doubt he gets to us but we never know till the draft happens.. If you watch tape on Simmons its hard to project where he will play in the NFL. He's FAST, instinctive and has long arms. He usually lined up as a nickel-safety linebacker so he can cover but don't get to see him shed blocks and only speed rushes off the end. So many ways to use him but idk where he would fit in our defense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts