Ferguson Out 4 To 6 Weeks!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robert Ferguson will be lost until mid-season due to a foot sprain he suffered returning a kickoff against the Eagles.

On Wednesday, Ferguson said he suffered a mid-foot sprain and was told by doctors that he would miss four to six weeks.

He was injured Oct. 2 returning a kickoff in the second half of the 31-9 loss in Philadelphia.

Ferguson, who was on crutches and moving slowly, said he didn't know if the front office considered him a candidate for injured reserve.

"We'll see how it goes after I come back," Ferguson said, referring to the bye. "Hopefully, I'll be back after that. There is no break."

Without Ferguson, the Packers are down to four wide receivers: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Koren Robinson and Ruvell Martin. Driver has been battling a rib problem since being hit against the Eagles.

Robinson has all but acknowledged he has been notified by the league that he'll be suspended for a year. His attorney has asked the league for a stay until his legal problems in Minnesota are settled.

We will get to see what Robinson can do now, atleast or 3rd WR will be better now. Put him on IR Try and find another WR see if they Work like Tyrone Calico or maybe even Charles Rodgers? I think we cut Ferg After this season he sucks and when he isnt sucking he is hurt also he just takes up a roster spot, which could be used to try and find another young player for the future.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robinson is appealing right now. So GB should go out and sign someone. Martin is going to have to step up as the #4 soon. Maybe Peter Warrick is a good idea if he's still out there.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porter is looking for a home right now too.

Sucks for Fergy...I had a lot of hope for the guy, esp. towards the end of 2004 when he really stepped it up (e.g. 2 tds. during 4-26 game?). Injuries and the Darius hit have really set back his career.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that this should about meet Ferguson's quota for games missed injuries this year.

The bad news is that if/when he comes back he can start working on getting games missed injuries that can carry over to his quota for next year.

The question is, why on earth would anybody make roster decisions based on the expectation that he will ever play a full season?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Time to trade for Randy Moss...

(meant somewhat seriously, somewhat as a joke)

yeah! and right about now we could probably trade a couple of ones and get TO too!! :roll: (meant solely as a joke!)

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally am sick and tired of Fergy being a non-producer whether he's healthy or not. If he is on the team next year, I'll officially give up on TT. No, I would NOT advocate trying to get Moss but Porter is another story. Easily handled salary and fairly successful. C'mon TT!! It's apparent Robinson will soon be on suspension or at least likely. Do we have to be down to 2 WRs before you do something?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew I was going to get flamed for that. :p

Well, at least trade for Porter. The downside is that he would have to learn a whole new offense in a short amount of time to be effective.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

I have to admit when i saw the story on Moss willing to be traded, I thought he would be a pretty good fit in Green Bay right now.

I wouldn't mind him for the rest of this year, wonder how long his contract is with Oakland and if The Packers would be able to re-negotiate a contract if a trade was worked out.

RP you around??? You might be able to answer my questions.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
rabidgopher04 said:

I have to admit when i saw the story on Moss willing to be traded, I thought he would be a pretty good fit in Green Bay right now.

I wouldn't mind him for the rest of this year, wonder how long his contract is with Oakland and if The Packers would be able to re-negotiate a contract if a trade was worked out.

RP you around??? You might be able to answer my questions.

I wouldn't mind bringing Moss in as long as he promised to, after a touchdonw, moon the Viking fans at the Humpty Dump!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feguson's being injured should force us to bring in another good WR (if we can find/afford one). As talented as Moss is, he'd be a good addition, yet I believe he's a cancer and a have no interest in EVER seeing him in green and gold.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the deal with Robinson? Will he be suspended this year?

So is anyone else out there for WR that doesn't have a temper problem? Wait, did Corey Bradford get cut from the Lions? He would be decent.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we cut Chad Lucas in the preseason after he led NFL Europe in receiving? Has anyone picked him up yet?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is no loss at all. When he's on the field, you don't even know it, so I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned about him being out 4-6 weeks. He has in my book been out for four years.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
This is no loss at all. When he's on the field, you don't even know it, so I'm not sure why anyone would be concerned about him being out 4-6 weeks. He has in my book been out for four years.

this year when he was or 3 wr i dont even remember him playing in the game he was like out all the way. Put him on IR sign someone after this season cut him.At one time didn't he say he was going to get like 100 catches last season or it would be a dissapointment?

Members online

Latest posts