1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fellow gun owners: hide your property

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GreenBlood, Jan 10, 2013.

1. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    There are many more far more dangerous things in the United States than tactical weapons. Why one gun shop seems to have a predominance is worthy of investigation. Maybe they advertise in 'psycho rampage Magazine' or something. The NRA has a goal, personally, I am a reluctant member. They are nuts the way they present their position, but more foolish is the anti-gun crowd. I see the right to bear arms as important as freedom of free speech.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    The NRA does not have gun owners in mind. It has gun manufacturers in mind. Such a hard nose stance and excuses like "it will impact gun sales around Christmas" just further diminish their arguments.

I have similar issues with teachers unions as they don't have children in mind. Little different though I guess as they don't try and sell it as they do.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    The insults are not needed or appreciated. In fact I think you are confused/mistaken by my post. I apologize if it wasnt clear enough but no need to attack another poster, why not ask for some clarity? Responses like yours are why things like this are not discussed.

The "you" was in terms of a gun seller. Not directly you as in Oshkosh fan. Some things are more clear in conversation than text. My mistake for the confusion.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    "We believe in absolutely gun free, zero tolerance, totally safe schools. That means no guns in America's schools. Period."

- Wayne LaPierre, NRA spokesman in 1999

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    Except Walmart were looking weird is normal.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    I can't believe he went out like that. He should know the hat does not match the purse. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Dude, nobody insulted you.....shheeesh

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    Well they were making fun of his outfit in his shopping trip pictures.

(okay, sorry Ivo, that probably wasn't very nice of me.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    lol.....that was good.

10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    Oh, you mean that is a picture of Ivo shopping? :)

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  12. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    No background checks.

What actually is (close) the percentage of American's who supported background checks for gun sales at shows? I've heard anywhere from 40% to 90%?

13. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    I've heard that before. What some may not know is the US is the largest exporter of weapons in the world. I'm always curious, with much of the concerns regarding violence in the Middle East, why is our country arming nearly every Middle Eastern country via US arms sales?

http://www.globalissues.org/article/74/the-arms-trade-is-big-business

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    I'm not a gun owner, never have been, never will be. Just the same, I respect gun owners and their positions a helluva lot more than the anti-gun people and their positions.

Regarding this "background check" thing which was recently defeated in the Senate, 41 Republicans and 6 Democrats from decent heartland states voted against it, preventing the 60 votes needed to cut off debate and pass it. The relevant fact, however, is that "background check" is a total misnomer/euphemism/falsehood put forth by the Obama left and their mainstream media allies to con the American people into supporting the bill. The main goal/purpose would have been to get data on law-abiding gun owners - theoretically making the confiscation of guns a lot more feasible if the left ever did take advantage of some gun-related incident and get all or increased forms of gun ownership outlawed.

Regarding the foreign sales thing, and particularly terrorism, etc. in the middle east, ask yourself, how much of what goes on there is done with guns? Outlawing sales of ball bearings, pressure cookers, whatever else goes into IEDs would serve that purpose better. Frankly, I'm surprised American gun manufacturers don't get undercut in the market place by cheap foreign labor the same as with so many other manufactured goods. A small positive in the balance of trade should be appreciated, not condemned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I completely agree, the bill was not shot down because of the background checks, it was shot down because of all the little things Obama probably tried to sneak into the bill like he did with health care.

On a side note I found his speech after the bill was shot down very immature, he was like a child when they do not get their way, he blamed the other side and said that we as a people made the wrong choice (electing our officials). Then Biden followed it up with saying America is not a safe place to live because this bill did not pass, some leaders we got in the executive office, glad they are trying to make the people feel safe. If they really care about background checks (and apparently our safety as a country) that much then work on a background checks bill without all of the other parts thrown in.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    This Country is self destructive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    No, It's a leadership problem

18. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +392
    Leadership problem will lead to self destruction

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    This country is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. The people wanted (as far as I understand) background checks so psycho's can't get guns; without having their rights to farly infringed on. The lawmakers couldn't provide that. That right there folks is why Congress has a 15% approval rating.

• Like Like x 1
  20. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    If the people wanted this bill, it was based on misunderstanding - disingenuously pushed on them by the leftist politicians and media. As for wanting to keep psychos, criminals, etc. from buying guns, to a great extent, that has been in place as long as I can remember - and I'm OLD. If the system seems ineffective on occasion, be assured that regardless of the damn Obama bill or anything else, the OUTLAWS will get their hands on guns. That bill was designed NOT primarily for the impossible mission of preventing the truly motivated evildoers from doing evil. It was, rather designed to make life miserable for the good people - most of whom have the good sense to vote for ..... anybody other than GOD DAMNED OBAMA.

WHEN THE GUNS ARE OUTLAWED, ONLY THE OUTLAWS (AND OBAMAPHILES) WILL HAVE GUNS!

21. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Ok. Wow. Would it or would it have not required background checks for all gun sales that take place at gun shows?

Classify this "misserableness" that comes with these background checks.

What is an "OBAMAPHILE"?

I have to ask this. What were your thoughts on George W. Bush?

22. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    Everyone on the right makes this argument. "We cannot give an inch in regard to guns because the liberals want to take them all away." Or words to that effect.

Who said anything about outlawing sales?

23. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    I sense the lock coming soon. LOL

24. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +364
    Since the bill didn't include a background check on person to person sales it was essentially ineffective anyway.

25. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    hahahaha I generally don't get involved in gun rights discussions because they seem to become so emotional - and honestly, I don't care that strongly one way or the other. It is, however, nice to see frustration of the damned left wing change-mongers who are intent on messing up the country in so many ways.

Obamaphile? the suffix "-phile" comes from Greek, I think, meaning a maniacal love for something - as in pedophile.

Bush? I'll withhold comment because that might be construed as political and the operators of this forum seem to be irrationally politicophobic hahahaha.