Fear the Lions?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. I think everyone feels sorry for them. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who truly hates the Lions.

Ever since they went 0-16 I've cheered fro them in every game except when they play Green Bay. I was border line sad and happy when they beat the pack, which I think was the key for them going 6-10 and wining those four last games.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions have the potential to do good things. If the Bears fix their turnover problem they could do well, and the Vikes still have a very good receiving corp (Rice, Harvin) and possibly the best runner in the game, if they get Kolb their season could depend on how well the defense plays. NFC north could be a very hard division next season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we should fear the Lions.
Any team any time the Pack plays always has the potential to beat us.
Tampa Bay did it.
Lions did it.
Etc etc.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the topic of next season is underway. I believe the Lions are going to be the tougher opponent next year. Anyone agree?

The Lions will be tougher, but they are no where close to be a threat for the division:

1) Stafford has missed more games in his career than he's actually played;
2) The back seven on defense, outside of Delmas, is weak;
3) Offensive line is nothing special;
4) The offense still only has one receiver, Calvin Johnson. There is no reason to not double-cover him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. After handling Harrison AND Woodley in the Super Bowl, I don't think we should have too many issues with Suh and Vandenbosch.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Lions will be tougher, but they are no where close to be a threat for the division:

1) Stafford has missed more games in his career than he's actually played;
2) The back seven on defense, outside of Delmas, is weak;
3) Offensive line is nothing special;
4) The offense still only has one receiver, Calvin Johnson. There is no reason to not double-cover him.
Regarding #2, they're probably going to draft either Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara, which will probably give them someone to rely on in the defensive backfield.

They'll take Peterson unless they're stupid. He's a shutdown corner.

I can't argue with the other issues, though. Although a really good draft could fix a lot of it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding #2, they're probably going to draft either Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara, which will probably give them someone to rely on in the defensive backfield.

They'll take Peterson unless they're stupid. He's a shutdown corner.

I can't argue with the other issues, though. Although a really good draft could fix a lot of it.

I've seen mocks where Peterson goes between #1 and #6. Detroit would need a lot of luck to snag him at #13.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
****. I forgot they went on that 4 game winning streak. I still thought they were picking top 5.

My bad.

Though they still might be in Amukamara country.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
i see us winning the division, bears and lions to me are a toss up on who gets second. i honestly think the lions will be 8-8. vikings will finish last. we should snatch a player from the vikings since they do it to us constantly.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say fear the Lions but they are the team next year that we most likely split with. They have 2 quality TEs, a top 5 WR who DC's have to game plan for, a young QB who has trouble staying healthy but...like the Best kid at RB and on defense they absolutely have one of levels hammered out in the DLine(Top 5 in the league), LBs were young and showed major promise late(w/the ex-Bucky product I might add), secondary is a mess though...love the GM and I really like the coach Schwartz...kept the team playing the entire year...figure they surpass the Bears and for sure the Queens next year with another quality off season and make the playoffs as a wild card...great topic BTW

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think with the lions d-line there is no reason we shouldn't fear them. At Lambeau I dont see them doing anything. But at ford field- Their scary to me. I hope the pack doesnt face them on Thanksgiving cause thats always a tough game.
My brothers a HUGE lions fan who is starting to get confident in his team, and he has the right too. Their getting a window of opportunity to be a force in this division. They were in every game this year like the pack-they just came up short or played for two quarters instead of four. Not to mention the refs took away one of their wins.

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think with the lions d-line there is no reason we shouldn't fear them. At Lambeau I dont see them doing anything. But at ford field- Their scary to me. I hope the pack doesnt face them on Thanksgiving cause thats always a tough game.
My brothers a HUGE lions fan who is starting to get confident in his team, and he has the right too. Their getting a window of opportunity to be a force in this division. They were in every game this year like the pack-they just came up short or played for two quarters instead of four. Not to mention the refs took away one of their wins.

The Thanksgiving game, is always no joke. The Lions always seem to roar on that game.

Matty Flynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are actually my second favorite team right now. I hope they finally do good. Not better than the Pack though.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we didn't have a very good q.b. in A-rod and talent on o-line I would worry about the lions they will be good,and the loss we had against them,but our d-line will be a beast more so this next season,the ones that really need to take heed to the lions are da bears and vikes,like most of you said vikes o-line q.b problems and da bears q.b problems,so lines d-line will have big games with them.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that I heard Sue thought Sitton was the best offensive lineman he went against all year.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Fear??? no, Do I wish we could play the bears 3 times and the vikings 3 times and not play the lions at all, maybe.

Members online

Latest posts