1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fear the Lions?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Powarun, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Since the topic of next season is underway. I believe the Lions are going to be the tougher opponent next year. Anyone agree?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Depends on what the Vikings do at QB. If there is no free agency due to the CBA it will benefit us more than anyone else in the division. Bears should take a step back resulting in them firing their coach and or GM. Detroit is going to do nothing but get better. We need an answer in the O line to deal with Suh.

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    They are slowly getting better. If Stafford can stay healthy, they'll be a force.

4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    I fear them over the Vikings. The Vikings are most likely going to be awful.

5. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    lions will be better and they have 2 very capable RB's when healthy coupled w/ a potential QB

6. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I think they'll be tough, but like someone else said......a lot depends on if Stafford can stay healthy.

7. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    The Vikings will become the new Detroit Lions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    even if Stafford can't stay healthy King and Stanton have proven to be capable QB's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stanton as the number 2 over there . If Stafford gets hurt again except him to be cut or asked to take a pay cut after next season.

9. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    We always have a hard time winning in Detroit for some reason. They'll be 3rd or 4th in the division. All they do is draft WR's anyway. Suh not counting.

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I look for them to be a much bigger factor in the next 2 to 3 years. I think next season they will still be rebuilding. They need to get their QB situation settled. But so do the Vikings for that matter, I think the QB problem is even more of a problem for the Vikings than it is for the Lions. The Lions have a lot of talent they can build around but I think it's going to take a few seasons to establish itself. It's going to be an interesting story in our division next year. You have the Lions rebuilding, the Vikings in a state of limbo, no man's land, and those Bears. Who knows what is going on with the Bears and Cutler? That's another thing, they have a crisis of sorts going on too.

But back to the point. Yes, I think the Lions are going to be better next year. I don't think we should "fear" them just yet, The Lion still sleeps tonight, but soon it's going to awaken and roar!

• Like Like x 2
  11. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    The vikes have many key players w/ expiring contracts who likely will want to abandon that sinking ship.
    The bears probably won't be as fortunate with injuries next year and cutler still has some questions surrounding his leadership
    The Lions are a healthy QB away from becoming our primary competition in the North.

The vikes were our main rivals in '09, the bears in '10, the lions may become relevant in '11; seems like the only consistent contender in the NFC North is the Packers :happy0005:

12. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, with 2 losing seasons in the last what? 20ish years? I'd say so :happy0005::Heristical:

13. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    The Lions are just poorly managed. It's the purgatory of the NFC, AFC being the Bengals.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    dude your mistaking Martin Mayhew for Matt Millen. Mayhew is FAR superior to Millen any day of the week. The Lions are going to get better because of him unlike Millen who took them from Playoff team to the dredges of the NFL

15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I know we just won the Super Bowl, but we're not in a position to over-look anyone, the Lions especially. Lest we forget the Lions beat us last year. Their defense was good enough to hold us to zero points WITH Rodgers in the first half and to 3 points in the whole game. They are the best 6-10 team in the league. I look for them to get even better next year.

RE: the Vikings, I think they'll have some struggles, but don't forget they still have some outstanding play makers in Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin, and Jared Allen is due for a rebound year. However, they have too many unknowns- Unknown QB, unknown defensive line, something like 17 free agents.. It's going to be interesting times in Minnesota this off-season.

16. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    I made a thread predicting next years out come and I will stand by my prediction the Detroit Lions will go 10-6 and will be in the playoffs.

17. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    as a wild card :D:happy0005:

18. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    I don't see them wining the division, but they'll make it to the playoffs might lose. Some time this century the Lions will win a super bowl, the Vikes might have to wait till the 2100s.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Fear the Lions? Absolutely not.

But I respect them as rivals now, maybe more than I do the Vikings.

The team that I fear is the Bears' D. It's the only D that gives Rodgers fits. But then again, their offense is so ****** that I don't fear the Bears, just their D. And with Finley and Grant back, I think we'll handle it pretty well.

20. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Everything in the NFC North depends on one thing

Who the Vikings have at Quarterback
    And believe me, even when we didn't think Cunnigham or Favre had any left, you can never predict it when they come so close to almost making it, as long as some washed up quarterback is there.

The Lions no doubt are going to be a better team next year.
    I don't see Chicago making it far. Take away the Touchdown that was not a Touchdown in Week 1 and the poorly officiated Monday night game in Week 3 that they barely won, they would have been 9-7.

I have more respect for the Lions than i do anyone else in our division currently. And that is for the fact, they are actually TRYING for a change. they didn't lay down at the end of the year, like they are known to do. you could tell they wanted to win in the end, and they did it.

21. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    If Stafford stays healthy, which is a big if, I don't see why they can't win 10 games next year.

22. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    A friend told me that they were looking into whether or not Stafford has a medical illness that makes him prone to joint injuries. Things that make bones, tendons, and ligaments weaker. It's entirely possible.

23. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    That'd be a damn shame. I know they're in our division, so I'm not supposed to root for them, but Stafford looks so promising that I want to see how good this team could be if he stuck around a whole year.

24. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Right. I think everyone feels sorry for them. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who truly hates the Lions.

25. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    vikings fans?