FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room: Packers

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice video. I hadn't even heard of Terry Williams before! Thought I knew all the big men available. Most boards have him ranked as a 6th-UDFA at the moment though. I know these are *your* player rankings, but it seems as though a 2nd would be a massive reach in most people's eyes. I'll have to try to find some tape on him though... a guy that big is something to check out. He's huge.

/e All I could find was his highlights vs. Virginia Tech. Very impressive though. 350# guy with a spin move? lol

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Williams measured 6', 329 lbs. at his Pro Day, dropping from the 350 - 360 lb. range according to various reports.

He was suspended his junior year, managed only 22 lifts (!) at his Pro Day, and he pulled a hammy at the Pro Day as well on his first 40 yard run. There are way too many conditioning issues to consider him in the 2nd. round.

If he could drop another 80 lbs. ;) and get back to his HS senior weight, then he might have value as a search-and-destroy strong side ILB:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seriously, Williams is a far too risky project for a second round pick.

Swfl Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have been no better than 14th in the league in rushing D since giving up the fewest rushing yards in the NFL in 2009—Capers’ first season with the club. Draft defense rounds 1-3!!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Packers have been no better than 14th in the league in rushing D since giving up the fewest rushing yards in the NFL in 2009—Capers’ first season with the club. Draft defense rounds 1-3!!!
I hear ya Swfl Packer Fan and welcome! But remember the 2012 draft: Not just the first three, four, or five players picked played D but the first six did. One first rounder, two seconds, two fourths and a fifth. Only Perry, Hayward, and Daniels remain from that draft and only Hayward had an immediate impact his rookie year - and one hellofa impact it was (although Perry - in 6 games - and Daniels each had 2 sacks).

Members online