Favre's Locker... Play GM/CEO..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Apparently they are planning something, but the beans haven't been spilled yet on what they are doing.

So play Ted and MM, what would you do with his locker?

Me.. I seal the front of it.. haul it as is right to the Packer hall of fame so the fans can enjoy it and the players.. well don't have to look at the reminder that is isn't there this year.

Then replace the locker and hand it off to honor the MVP of the previous week.. a rotating locker of sorts.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Favre as much as the next guy, but are their any Hornung, Starr, Nitschke, Hudson, McGee, Thurston, Sharpe, Lombardi... memorials in the locker room? Brett was a great player, but he was not a god. edifying him in the locker room just doesn't sit right with me. The locker room is for the here and now, the Packer Hall of Fame is for those things that have made the team what they are in the here and now. So, yes, make a huge shrine to Brett. Make it the biggest and grandest player shrine ever. Just don't do it in the locker room, please.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I love Favre as much as the next guy, but are their any Hornung, Starr, Nitschke, Hudson, McGee, Thurston, Sharpe, Lombardi... memorials in the locker room? Brett was a great player, but he was not a god. edifying him in the locker room just doesn't sit right with me. The locker room is for the here and now, the Packer Hall of Fame is for those things that have made the team what they are in the here and now. So, yes, make a huge shrine to Brett. Make it the biggest and grandest player shrine ever. Just don't do it in the locker room, please.

Favre is God though, think about it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I can't believe I never realized that until now. Thanks for pointing that out.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Blasphemy...pure and simple! Your new name is now "Peter"!

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Miami seal Marino's locker when he left?

Sealing the locker seems to me to the right thing to do. This is a once in a life time player we're talking about here, and seems to be an appropriate honor.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
send the original locker to the PHoF. replace it. give it to another player and move on. were here to win football games. I think our GM should be more concerned on who to cut and keep from training camps and mini camps than building shrines.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Blasphemy...pure and simple! Your new name is now "Peter"!

that's my brother's name

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
send the original locker to the PHoF. replace it. give it to another player and move on. were here to win football games. I think our GM should be more concerned on who to cut and keep from training camps and mini camps than building shrines.

I have been wanting to say the same thing, but as a devote follower of the purple, I didn't want it to come across as Fav-re bashing.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Well now that can't be true. That would make Adrian Peterson his son, and they look nothing like each other... :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Oh, I've thought about it a lot.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the hauling the locker to the Packer HOF and putting in a new locker would be fitting.
My bet would be that they won't go that far, that they will just build a "facsimile" locker in the HOF, like they already have of other Packer players from the past, and put his stuff in it.
They need the REAL locker space for the guys still playing.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. We can remember Brett and move on at the same time. We don't need a shrine in the locker room.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I agree. We can remember Brett and move on at the same time. We don't need a shrine in the locker room.
:agree:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Let Cheesey suit up for one game, and let him do it Brett's locker.

But keep him on the freaking bench.
HEY!!!
I'm all for that! And i'd be THRILLED to sit on the bench!!!

Members online

Latest posts