Favre's last interception...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
was a sign that his receivers couldn't get open...

So he winged it up there hoping for Divine Providence...because that's the only thing that can help this team now...

(i don't know how many of you people out there ever played on a team that just out and out sucked...but I have...and I know the signs...)

If your receivers can't get open then there's nothing else you can do but to wing it and hope that your guy makes a play...or it doesn't get intercepted...those are your options...

i wish some of you people could understand this...

(The Pack is ******' in the wind..right now...)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Pack66...there was a receiver or two open underneath and Brett had that option but chose to go for it all despite double coverage. That being said Fergy has to go up and fight for the ball. Not push the guy in the back and hope the ball comes to him. Your premise is correct though. Many QB's wing the ball up for their receivers to fight for the ball. When was the last time a Packer receiver outfought a DB for the football? Maybe the Raiders game on Monday night after Brett's dad passed away. I know you have been down on Fergy and many here support him but I am finally convinced that he is a special teams player and that is all.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree Chamuka.....the team needs to get their wounded back, add a gamebreaker on offense (Reggie Bush).... and they will be right in the thick of it next season. My eyes are always open. Sometimes I choose to look at the bright side of things. Sorry if this offends you.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett blew it again, just like many games with the 4th and 26 game in mind.

Yesterday, with :50 seconds left(time enough for 3-4 successful plays) he opted to throw to the endzone to ONE receiver covered by three guys.

Sorry...this is 'Bad Brett' at his worst. A couple short throws would have put them(if successful) near the 30 yard line with :30 seconds left. Then he could have tried 2-3 passes into the end zone, rather than one.

By the way Pack66...don't know what team you played on, but he wasn't out of downs...he could have simply thrown the ball away. Glad I didn't play on your team. Our coach would have deballed the QB for a move like Favre made.

I know I shouldn't diss Brett...he's still out best option...but this shows a guy who doesn't give a damn, he's going to do it his way, and it is increasingly the wrong way.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with the recivers should fight for the ball like the okland game. i mean on alot of bretts ints when he throws them ddpe the recivers just wait fo rthe ball to come to them and the db goes to the ball and picks it off. why the f**k can they go over there and get it, dont wait for it to come to you.
for example on the int in the endzone to donald lee. he didnt even tr and come back for it like the db did. he at elast could have knocked the db over so he wouldnt catch it.

I see this alot with our recievers and i feel like some of these ints could be prevented with the reciver coming back to the ball or knocking down the corner.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net..

You still think it's ok to run the ball in the third quarter on 2nd and 19 yards to go?

and also..to throw a DUMP pass out to Fisher on 3rd and 20 to try and get the first down?

Talk about the wrong way to do things.....

SherRossley was born the wrong way....i'm glad you can't recognize gross incompetence when you see it!!

Or is that just Packer optimism?

(net..pinning it on Brett is just out and out wrong...and if I were Favre i'd tell SherRossley he could shove this season up his ever-widening ***...like that one DePack?)

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were watching the game with some other people and we all predicted, before it happened, that Favre would throw a long pass for an interception. It's scary that not just a pessimist like me, but that many of my Packer buddies, are starting to expect the same thing. I don't agree that Favre doesn't give a damn. I really think he's trying drastic measures to get us a win. I doubt if Brett will ever not give a damn. I do wish we'd worry more about the future and less about keeping Favre happy. He isn't the future of this team. We need to start thinking past him as he very well may retire next year. If not next year, the year after he'll be gone, and we'll be screwed with a QB who hasn't played with the rest of the team in a real game. What's the point of building for the future without including the next QB, whoever that turns out to be? I was not happy when Favre said publicly that he'd retire if Sherman didn't come back. I think Sherman is part of the problem, and Favre is so popular that if he wants Sherman back, he'll be back. But imo that's not best for the team.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[email protected] you capable of commenting on the topic at hand?!? Net's comments had nothing to do with running in the 2nd quarter, it had to do w/ Brett's decision to air it out on the final int.

Since you know that was a poor decision on Brett's part, yet refuse to ever utter those words, you conveniently avoid net's response and go back to your same old crap of always turning everything back to "sherosely" and wasting space on this forum by "shouting" a bunch of random adjectives to describe your feelings about him, or describing how he was fed a healthy diet of arsenic and lead based paint chips as a child, which explains his obesity and ineptitude.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last interception will go down as the straw that broke 05's back and MS's future. No need to force that throw.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had receviers open throughout the game, but his accuracy was off. It happens even to the best QB's sometimes. One thing is for sure, though: A QB should not make desperation tosses like that unless it is 4th down or the last play of a half. What are the chances that Robert Ferguson, who is not a leaper, would come down with a throw like that in double coverage? The higher percentage play would be to throw the ball away and hope somebody gets open on the next play.

hitking2456

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why were they sending someone deep in the first place? They should have been working the sidelines. I know Favre had people open underneath, by why would you give him the option to go deep?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

Yesterday, with :50 seconds left(time enough for 3-4 successful plays) he opted to throw to the endzone to ONE receiver covered by three guys.

Sorry...this is 'Bad Brett' at his worst. A couple short throws would have put them(if successful) near the 30 yard line with :30 seconds left. Then he could have tried 2-3 passes into the end zone, rather than one.

By the way Pack66...don't know what team you played on, but he wasn't out of downs...he could have simply thrown the ball away. Glad I didn't play on your team. Our coach would have deballed the QB for a move like Favre made.

I know I shouldn't diss Brett...he's still out best option...but this shows a guy who doesn't give a damn, he's going to do it his way, and it is increasingly the wrong way.

I would ask - is this more like straining "frustration" on Brett's part?
I was screamin' at the boob-tube, too ya know!
Many's the time, yesterday, when I thought a short 6yarder underneath would do the trick and catch the whole Defense off-guard - but Rossley never called any plays like that at all.... When we had Chewey - it happened all the time. Course, we were familiar with the Tiger Set - oh wait...there I go again... sorry fellas.....

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(i don't know how many of you people out there ever played on a team that just out and out sucked...but I have...and I know the signs...)

I have.
If your receivers can't get open then there's nothing else you can do but to wing it and hope that your guy makes a play...or it doesn't get intercepted...those are your options...
i wish some of you people could understand this...
I do. Since it was 2nd down and there was almost minute left at the start of the play. Why not 1) toss it to one of the underneath receivers or if you have no confidence in them 2) Toss it out of bounds and try again on the next play?
It was not the coaches nor the receivers fault that the pass was intercepted. It was Brett's and Brett's alone.
I can live with it. Brett certainly can deal w/ the fact. It seems like you are the only person around that feels compelled to apologize and make excuses for Brett and say it wasn't his fault.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net said:

Interesting, I didn't know Brett played defense. He really is my superman! I wuv him!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts