1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre's houses destroyed by Katrina, but his mother is ok...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Aug 30, 2005.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    from PFT.com:

"One of our readers in Wisconsin tells us that WGBA-TV in Green Bay is reporting that the Kiln, Mississippi family homestead of Brett Favre was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

After being unable to reach his mother or other family members who stayed in Kiln to ride out the storm, Favre finally reached his mother, Bonita, on Tuesday afternoon. All family members are safe, but the family home is destroyed.

Favre's farm in Hattiesburg, 60 miles north of Kiln, suffered extensive damage but is still standing"

Great to hear his mom is alright though. I can only imagine what a scare it must have been for him, after suffering through two very difficult times in the past two years. Hopefully, this will be the most of the off field distractions for Farve this year, but never the less its great to know that everything is as good as can be in the sense that no lives were lost with his family.

On another note however, I do hope that the people who are devestated from Katrina will be alright, and that they will be in everyone's prayers.

2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm reading it right, it sounds like Brett's mother's house got destroyed, but not Brett's house. Either way it's too bad.

It's amazing the grief that family has had to go through the last two years.

At least it sounds like everyone is safe though. I feel sorry for all the people we don't know who are having their lives turned upsidedown by the storm.

3. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What more can happen to this guy! he has just about had everything happen to him. He is lucky his mom wasn't killed. My prayers go out to Brett.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Great about his family members. Just amazing what that family has to endure.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I agree with you Slick. But as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger... and I think its a pretty safe bet that the Favre family and all others who have been effected will once again move on past this tragedy and be stronger because of it!

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Favre's houses destroyed by Katrina, but his mother is o

thats a lot of junk for him to go through. sounds like job in the bible.

7. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading where he said he could get permission to go home and skip the game tomorrow night, but he decided he would stay and play. What a guy!!

8. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's ok, he's got enough money to take care of it all.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Money does not buy memories back. :(

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    lots of guts. he is rather accustomed to it. i am happy his family is ok as well.

11. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True. :(