Favre's Conference Highlights...

Reaction score
Likes new approach by MM and JJ, the approach of doing what they want to, regardless of what D throws at them (not letting the opposing D dictate their game)

Referes to this group of WR's as "fastest group by far", and says he really sees the talent.

He likes the new approach of the new O, establishing the run, saying it will really open up the passing and keep the defense honest and reduce the blitzing.

Doesn't regret anything he said about Javon, and he thinks the world of him still, hopes he does well in Dener.

AJ HAWK: He is fast, seems like a Packer type of guy, and runs around alot out there to where the action is.

If he retired, he would have questioned himself about retiring once the season started, and doesn't want the retirement talk to be a distraction anymore, and won't comment on it.

On last season: he made some bad calls, but there was always someone new in the huddle, and he had to take chances since they were behind. He doesn't care about the numbers, he tried to lead the team to a win. Was mentally ready to play last year. Doesn't regret the way he played, or approached the game.

Will to win, desire and commitment is the reason he is still here today. Wants to win, and will do what it takes to win again.

Family issues, health, injury are all a factor in how long he will play. He doesn't want to go out with an injury, but is still willing to take the risk. He doesn't care if people say he played too long, or went out when he still had a few good years left. All he cares about is he wants to be back, and the Packers want him back.

Wants to stay a Packer, says "there is no replacement for Lambeau".

Does he want the ball with the game in the balance? "I'm still here". When he spoke to Mort, he wasn't here, but he came back because he still wants the ball, still wants to win. Says he knows that didn't happen last year, but he is back and wouldn't have come back if he didn't want the ball.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Required viewing by any Packer fan.

If you did not see the conference, go to Packers.com when it is archieved and watch it.

You just have to see it, in its entirety, to fully appreciate Brett and what he means to the Packers.

Mandatory viewing.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
One thing to point out, it really looks like Brett and the TEAM have put last season behind them. They are seeing this as a new oppertunity, and are hungry to get started! I LOVE IT! :D

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
One thing to point out, it really looks like Brett and the TEAM have put last season behind them. They are seeing this as a new oppertunity, and are hungry to get started! I LOVE IT! :D

Brett Favre is not willing to give up just yet.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO me it just seems like were building a SB champion ungodly tough team. I am having visions of a dominate defense with a above average offense. I mean maybe i am a little to biased but it just really feels like that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hell ya, man. i'm feeling great about this year. and it sounds like, the way brett put it, this won't necessarily be his last year. that sounds great. as long as he's still hungry i hope he continues to play

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-Mize said:
TO me it just seems like were building a SB champion ungodly tough team. I am having visions of a dominate defense with a above average offense. I mean maybe i am a little to biased but it just really feels like that.

Worst (well almost) to FIRST!!!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About game 13 Brett should set the NFL record for number of completions and TD passes.

In 9 games Brett will have the 3rd longest consecutive start streak of all time. Game 5 of 2007 he will be in second place.

If Brett has 2 four TD pass games he will tie Marino with the most at 21.

It will take him until the end of the 2007 season to surpass Marino's yardage record.

10 wins by the Packers will make him the QB with the most victories all time.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesnt matter about marinos records... he didnt win, brett has the ultimate statistical trump card. A SUPER BOWL

and i really really feel good about this year... you ever notice that teams that end up winning the superbowl always have this feeling at the beginning of the year. A solid offseason, putting bad things behind them, everyone seems to be on the same page, everyone seems to be excited and ready to go.

Last offseason it just seemed stale and more like a routine. it feels good this year like we wanna do something... and let me remind you again, that we had one bad year... we were a damn decent football team two years ago, that has restocked.... a good D and brett favre is a dangerous combo as evidenced by 1996 and 1997

and no one rain on my parade i know its a long shot but damn thats what great sport stories are made of.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming off a 4-12 season will have 2 effects. The first being hunger. GB will have a chip on its shoulder to prove everyone wrong. Ever since we won the SB up until last year every team gave us their A game. Seemed like with every team we were their rival. Now its time for the new GB to prove it's worth, from the new coach to the rookies. The second factor is that other teams will not respect us, chalking their games against us as wins. By mid-season the other teams will not think its a fluke, that we're good. I'm getting a pretty good feeling 'bout this team as well. Plus, besides Roman, the team chemistry should be great. All impressionable and team oriented players are left. No McKenzie's, Walkers, Hunt's, etc....The sooner this team gels as one, the better we will be.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the rah-rah stuff is great. I'm very excited to see this defense along with the new offense. I'm excited to see just how good these new players will be.

That being said, don't forget that we had about 15 rookies make the roster last season. This year we have around 20 rookies right now from the draft and undrafted FAs, along with several offseason moves. On top of that we have a new HC and several new assistants.

It's great to be psyched and hopeful over the coming season, but we're going to have deal with the mistakes of a new HC along with several unexperienced players. The majority of the final roster will have 1 year or less experience. Our OL will again be almost completely new and be implimenting a new blocking scheme.

Knowing all this, I still believe that GB will be pushing for the NFC North title and make the playoffs this season. Building on that for next season, GB will push back into being one fo the elite teams in the league. I like the direction the team is going, but it takes time for these drastic changes to produce great returns.

Now that I've been down to reality, time to put the Green and Gold glasses back on and predict 16 wins again this season!! We're the best damn team in the NFL, and there's no-one we can't beat!!!

GO PACK GO!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
It doesnt matter about marinos records... he didnt win, brett has the ultimate statistical trump card. A SUPER BOWL

and i really really feel good about this year... you ever notice that teams that end up winning the superbowl always have this feeling at the beginning of the year. A solid offseason, putting bad things behind them, everyone seems to be on the same page, everyone seems to be excited and ready to go.

Last offseason it just seemed stale and more like a routine. it feels good this year like we wanna do something... and let me remind you again, that we had one bad year... we were a damn decent football team two years ago, that has restocked.... a good D and brett favre is a dangerous combo as evidenced by 1996 and 1997

I agree. We have definately started making some moves and not staying in one place. It's unfortunate we were not very healthy financially last year and really couldn't make any real upgrades.

I certainly feel better than a few years back when Donetell was fired and we basically put the same defense back on the field from the previous year. Very stagnant times for us back then and it showed.

and no one rain on my parade i know its a long shot but damn thats what great sport stories are made of.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder how this season will affect brett. if we make the playoffs and maybe get a first round win, will he come back next season? and if so, what if we make it to the NFC championship game and lose it in 2007? will he come back for another year? questions with no answers.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Blah, blah, balh... we're the best damn team in the NFL, and there's no-one we can't beat!!!

GO PACK GO!!!

Did you say something else? All I could hear was that last part...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts