Favre's 4th Quarter Comeback

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't pretty, but Brett Favre finally led his team to a 4th quarter comeback for the first time in what seems like forever. I was very glad to see this, especially since it could possibly be his last game at Lambeau Field. His audible and throw to Ruvell Martin on that last drive were really brilliant, and he also made a couple of other nice plays to keep the drive going. It was a cold, rainy, ugly win, but I'll take it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Well, it wasn't pretty, but Brett Favre finally led his team to a 4th quarter comeback for the first time in what seems like forever. I was very glad to see this, especially since it could possibly be his last game at Lambeau Field. His audible and throw to Ruvell Martin on that last drive were really brilliant, and he also made a couple of other nice plays to keep the drive going. It was a cold, rainy, ugly win, but I'll take it.

This won't be his last. He'll be back for at least one more year, more likely two or three.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I'll take any win over those ***clowns, but the Metrodome wins are the ones I really cherish.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have to have the comeback if the 1st half drives had been finished. The alleged comeback it not a big thing to celebrate because the game was not even close.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
an ugly win, but its a little more than that

we've worked our way up from the 'laughing stock' bracket, the top-5 draft picks

we're gonna come out of this with at least a 4-2 division record, maybe 5-1 and maybe...maybe...a wild card

we won a game on national tv, or for at least whoever can afford premium digital cable packages,

this season has been a step in the right direction, i got laughed at by some friends for saying in april that we'd go .500 and we're one win away from doing that...say what you will about every position on this team other than donald driver and the LB's, but we have 7 wins...the vikings were slated to do a lot better and we're gonna finish above them...i think mccarthy has us going in the right direction, and we just need a few more playmakers, and especially ahman green back...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the pass to Ruvell Martin was the best throw he's thrown this year. Right on the money and a clutch audible by Favre as well. That's the type of play that makes me want him to come back. Refreshing to see that after the ugly memory of the Rams game still lingers in my dreams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I thought the pass to Ruvell Martin was the best throw he's thrown this year. Right on the money and a clutch audible by Favre as well. That's the type of play that makes me want him to come back. Refreshing to see that after the ugly memory of the Rams game still lingers in my dreams.

I'm so glad the commentators brought that game up. SO FREAKING GLAD.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The most impressive thing is that he's done it WITH THIS TEAM...

(It's funny...most commentators around the NFL seem to realize that Favre doesn't have much to work with on this current Packer team since they are young and rebuilding...yet certain Packer fans on this site refuse to take/accept this fact into their calculations and their judgements of Favre...)

Interesting...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
The most impressive thing is that he's done it WITH THIS TEAM...

(It's funny...most commentators around the NFL seem to realize that Favre doesn't have much to work with on this current Packer team since they are young and rebuilding...yet certain Packer fans on this site refuse to take/accept this fact into their calculations and their judgements of Favre...)

Interesting...

yeah that Bubba sure is a young one...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I should have said either they are "young...or old and slow with bad hands"...

:wink:

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if NFL network and NFL.com are to be believed, it wont matter since Brett wont be coming back. What's with that?? talk about sensationalism for the sake of it.

Members online

Latest posts