Favre

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to state that this isn't a "Favre Bashing" post but it isn't (anyone that wants to say otherwise can just not bother posting in here)

What I want to know, is the past few weeks Favre has been missing people, wide open receivers. Blasting the ball over their head and more often than not, under throwing them or throwing behind them on slants etc.

What's going on? As someone this team relies on so greatly to carry the entire organization has his inaccuracy the past few weeks lost us these games? (This is open to a huge discussion on it's own, that he shouldn't have to carry the entire team - but the point is - he does)

I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD BENCH HIM more so just wanting to hear some thoughts on his arm and what people think may be going on with the Pack's HOF QB. Is the groin injury still nagging him, perhaps something else injured that we don't know about? Is it the receivers not running the routes (how they could run too fast IDK) or is old age catching up to the legend?

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his innacuracy has a portion to do with the losing. He isnt getting any younger and our season isnt getting any better. Though people alot of people think he can still lead this team and still is having a good season, he hasnt been proving it much lately.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that he has played a HUGE part in losing the games. I dont think either that we should bench him. But definitly he has hurt us a lot more than help.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think maybe the groin injury is bothering him. But who knows. He's definately been off.

That being said, I think we have bigger things to worry about. Like a defense that cant stop anyone, and a coaching staff that is in over their head.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Without questions his accuracy has been off. Is it costing us games? If he's missing his target and its going incomplete or intercepted, I think its obviously costing us atleast points on the board.

I'm pretty confident if he'd make better decisions with better accuracy we'd have atleast one more win, if not two under our belt.

I don't think benching him is the cure. I think they need to get his confidence built during the early course of the game. Run the ball, do some different things with the rush to keep the defense on their toes. Pass the ball to the TE and RB in the flats and some quick slants.

I'm no expert, I really don't know that ones accuracy diminishes after a period of time. Arm strength does and I think Brett thinks his arm is stronger than it really is.

Recap. Give Brett something better to work with on offense and build his confidence. Another good thing, remove the SCORE so he doesn't know how far behind the Packers are! LoL

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think maybe the groin injury is bothering him. But who knows. He's definately been off.

That being said, I think we have bigger things to worry about. Like a defense that cant stop anyone, and a coaching staff that is in over their head.
I think it is more than his groin. Because even though it is true that he has been not accurate. He has also been making HORRIBLE decisions.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his age is catching up with him BUT I think his mentality is in the wrong place. He thinks he has to do everything when in reality he doesn't. If he would just play within the system he'd probably be more successful.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is just not consistant enough, their are times when he plays like the old favre and their are times when he playes like his age.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Favre has struggled with his accuracy as of late. But in no way, has that cost us in terms of wins and losses. We've gotten into huge holes early on and have put the burden on Favre and the entire offense. Not to mention, we haven't had a consistent running game. When we run the ball successfully, Favre's accuracy goes up because he isn't throwing 40-50 times and doesn't have to force the issue. Just my thoughts.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Favre's inaccuracy is due in part to losing and emotions running too high, however, I think his lack of mechanics is to blame primarily.
Don't get me wrong Brett is by far the best falling backward, rolling left, getting tackled, and improvizational qb that has ever played the game. But today watching the game against the Jets, every pass that he miss fired either he was altering his throwing angle to get around a rusher (4th down intended for Lee) or his feet weren't set and he was falling forward. Each time he misfired, first sailing high because of the submarine arm motion, and low into the ground at the feet of his tight end.
However, when he set his feet and steped into his throw he was right on the money (Driver on 3rd down, down the middle for 15 and for the touch down) and also to Greg Jennings on the incompletion, it was just a good play by the DB.
Even though Brett's lack of mechanics cause some inacurate throws, it also keeps him playing for what is now going to be his 254th start, and there have been some great times. So if I have to deal with a little inaccuracy from time to time in order to keep Brett playing thats fine with me, cause I love to watch him, and I love the way he plays the game. With the NFL becoming a money grubbing me, me, me mindset, Favre(and Driver) is one of the only players that still plays for the team and for the love of the game.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre hasn't been as accurate as of late for sure. Has it cost us games? Dunno. Our defense giving up over 30 pts a game is probably more of a factor than a QB being a little off.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to state that this isn't a "Favre Bashing" post but it isn't (anyone that wants to say otherwise can just not bother posting in here)

What I want to know, is the past few weeks Favre has been missing people, wide open receivers. Blasting the ball over their head and more often than not, under throwing them or throwing behind them on slants etc.

What's going on? As someone this team relies on so greatly to carry the entire organization has his inaccuracy the past few weeks lost us these games? (This is open to a huge discussion on it's own, that he shouldn't have to carry the entire team - but the point is - he does)

I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD BENCH HIM more so just wanting to hear some thoughts on his arm and what people think may be going on with the Pack's HOF QB. Is the groin injury still nagging him, perhaps something else injured that we don't know about? Is it the receivers not running the routes (how they could run too fast IDK) or is old age catching up to the legend?

Before I say anything. Ryan to me what you are saying is constructive criticism and NOT bashing. As well as I believe it's a valid point. However, to say it may be costing us games is a bit over the top, IMO. There are so many factors costing us games it's almost laughable if it weren't so sad at the same time. Losing 35-0 one week, then 38-10 two weeks later has alot more to do with problems all around rather than just if the QB is as accurate as he needs to be...Case in point would be Rex Grossman going 6-19 for 30some yards and 3 ints with 0 tds yet they win by 10. Judging from the score I hadn't seen any stats I was figuring "man grossman must be doing ok" but was obviously very very wrong.

The reason this gets looked at as bashing is because to say this may be costing us games is...well a bit overlooking of so many other problems, IMO.

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally understand what you are saying cory, and I do see all the other problems out there, coaching, secondary, run D, pass D etc etc etc... I just wanted to focus on whom I consider the leader of the team. Just a simple question to see what people thought of Favre as of late :) that's all

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
u need to bench favre just to let him know he is accountable for his poor decision making right now it dont matter to favre if he has a string of poor throws or games for that matter he knows nothing is going to happen to him. its just like the offseason when he couldnt make up his mind on retirement and said what is green bay going to do cut me. he needs to learn hes not untouchable anymore and he has to be responsible for his poor play just like anyone else who is on the team. no one else would get away with that kind of poor play and poor decision making

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally understand what you are saying cory, and I do see all the other problems out there, coaching, secondary, run D, pass D etc etc etc... I just wanted to focus on whom I consider the leader of the team. Just a simple question to see what people thought of Favre as of late :) that's all

Well gosh darn you you favre basher!! That's all you are you know..a favre basher!!

lol sorry just kiddin'....

He has been off target for sure. Probably many reasons revolving around team play as well as he's trying too hard.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You know how no one knows if Brett will play next year?

I wonder if anyone on the team is concerned with that or even thinks about it.

I only mention this because I keep hearing Brett in his speachs talk about "did i make the right decision?" not in those exact words of coures, you know he's alluding to it though. It's very obvious. Even during wins he brings it up.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know how no one knows if Brett will play next year?

I wonder if anyone on the team is concerned with that or even thinks about it.

I only mention this because I keep hearing Brett in his speachs talk about "did i make the right decision?" not in those exact words of coures, you know he's alluding to it though. It's very obvious. Even during wins he brings it up.

After the MNF game he told mortensen that he didn't believe the talent on this team was good enough to win next year. That doesn't mean he isn't coming back because of it or whatever. It could also mean that he believes this team needs to add more talent(which no one would disagree).

Personally, I don't believe he comes back and kind of hope he doesnt. Not in a bad way, but I just think it's time to move on.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His accuracy has been off but he has not been costing us games !!!

He hasn't been helping as much lately though and that's one of many many problems this team has. We could make an on going list and that would on there and that's what Ryan is saying with this thread.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
His accuracy has been off but he has not been costing us games !!!

He hasn't been helping as much lately though and that's one of many many problems this team has. We could make an on going list and that would on there and that's what Ryan is saying with this thread.

I could be wrong but I thought he ran for a couple of first downs today porky. I would call this helping even if he is not as accurate as of late. This does not include the experience that I assume is being passed on in the locker room by Brett !!!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he ran for some first downs and that nice and all but if he gives it back with an int the next play it isnt that big of a help

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his innacuracy has a portion to do with the losing.

I agree. There are a lot of factors(safeties,defensive coaching,special teams,etc) in the losing season but Favre is definitely one of them.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he ran for some first downs and that nice and all but if he gives it back with an int the next play it isnt that big of a help

He gave away one int that was of any consequence today. It was 38-10 on his other int.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still there has to be a way to make him accountable for his poor decisions to let the rest of the team know that favre does not run the team and poor decisions and poor play are unexceptible no matter who u are or how much u make

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still there has to be a way to make him accountable for his poor decisions to let the rest of the team know that favre does not run the team and poor decisions and poor play are unexceptible no matter who u are or how much u make

Next time you're in on a team meeting then you let me know how much accountable Favre gets or doesn't get for his decisions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts