Favre won't be at next Mini Camp

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno. All the "Favre is ACTUALLY coming to MINI CAMP" hooplah...

and now...hes kinda not. lol. Went to the first one at least.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does allow more reps for Ingle and A-Rod though, which is also important.

Im not bashing brett...its just kinda funny (thus the "lol"s)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well also considering is not the first mini camp reserved for rookies? Anywho this mini camp was more of a get to know you session for MM and the rest of the staff with players. I think Brett will be at a majority of mini camps. I also believe that HS graduations are up coming and doesnt Brett have a daughter graduating??

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre excused from second minicamp

By Mike Vandermause
packersnews.com

Quarterback Brett Favre will not attend the Packers’ second off-season minicamp May 19-21, coach Mike McCarthy said Sunday.

Favre attended all three days of the team’s first mandatory minicamp on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The second minicamp in May is considered optional.

McCarthy said Favre would take part in approximately 10 of the Packers’ 14 organized team activities (OTA) that begin May 31 and conclude June 21.

Last year Favre didn’t participate in any of the Packers’ minicamps or other off-season organized team activities.

McCarthy said he didn’t anticipate any other healthy players missing the next minicamp.

However, safety Mark Roman said later Sunday his status for the next minicamp is “up in the air.â€

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
It does allow more reps for Ingle and A-Rod though, which is also important.

Im not bashing brett...its just kinda funny (thus the "lol"s)

hahaha knee slappah that Aaron is going to get more reps that Brett doesnt need. w00t

We have an extra camp anyway so as long as he only misses this one, ain't no big thang!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah brett doesnt need reps, not like he threw 29 ints.

but he will be at 10 of the 14 OTAs, so thats cool.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yea and none of them were the WR short arming passes, hopeful throws that someone would step up an make a play or WR running the wrong route because they are so new they forgot to read what a route was from their Webster Dictionary.

Yeah, after thinking about that, he needs MORE reps. In fact they should enroll Brett into QB school, maybe then the WR talent will improve an he won't throw so many INT.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah its the WRs fault that favre lobbed it up so many times, and DBs just jumped in front of it cuz it was hanging in the air all day.

Gunslinger w\ bad o-line and mediocre WRs = 4-12

He didn't adapt to the (crappy) players that were around him. it is not his fault TT didnt get good guards, or that WRs got hurt, but he didn't adapt AT ALL.

Hopefully the Oline is much improved and the WRs are talented, cuz thats proven that the gunslinger thing works there.

dont get upset, zero.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He tried to do too much with too little and having to come back from behind cause him to throw the ball up too much. Favre shouldn't go completely blameless, and hopefully he realizes that, but going to 4 extra mini camps isn't going to do anything for him.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yeah..but you're not bashing Brett right...?

Like you're not being a hypocrite....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah its the WRs fault that favre lobbed it up so many times, and DBs just jumped in front of it cuz it was hanging in the air all day.

Gunslinger w\ bad o-line and mediocre WRs = 4-12

He didn't adapt to the (crappy) players that were around him. it is not his fault TT didnt get good guards, or that WRs got hurt, but he didn't adapt AT ALL.

Hopefully the Oline is much improved and the WRs are talented, cuz thats proven that the gunslinger thing works there.

dont get upset, zero.

Do you even read what you reply to?

I'll give you another shot. Read what I am saying, soak it in a bit before you just start randomly typing non sense and THINK while you make your next reply.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when is stating the facts bashing someone? Brett didn't throw 29 interceptions?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, Favre isn't completely blameless, but throwing around that he threw 29 interceptions is way out of context.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
since when is stating the facts bashing someone? Brett didn't throw 29 interceptions?

Could you show me where I said Brett Favre didn't throw 29 interceptions?

I'm failing to find that post by me.

OOOOH I got it now. Here.

Brett missing one mini camp won't hurt the team nor him and will benefit Aaron Rodgers (Previous years 1st rd pick) more than it would Brett.

then
was said.

Which personally I felt that was implying that Brett needs reps because of his HIGH interception total of last year.

I then replied with.
Yea and none of them were the WR short arming passes, hopeful throws that someone would step up an make a play or WR running the wrong route because they are so new they forgot to read what a route was from their Webster Dictionary.
Yeah, after thinking about that, he needs MORE reps. In fact they should enroll Brett into QB school, maybe then the WR talent will improve an he won't throw so many INT.
which is implying Brett's 29 interceptions were not all his fault and some of the fault should and does fall onto the lack of talented WR (and in Fergusons case) ... GUTS.

Ooops. I didn't find out where I said Brett didn't throw 29 INT's. brb I'm gonna check ESPN.com, NFL.com and CNNSI.com....

Weird, they all say he threw 29 inteceptions last year too.

Now just where did --- Brett didn't throw 29 interceptions? --- comment from from? Hmmm :confused: I know where it came from.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66, so not 1 of his 29 INTs were his fault. All were caused by Oline or WRs? Amazing. Favre must truly be god.

with losing 5 games by 3 pts or less, a couple checkdowns or throwaways could have helped us win a couple more. But no, Favre is blameless. Favre doesnt make mistakes.

Hows Fantasyland, 66?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah, and when Aaron Rodgers says "I was helping out Brett" ...that means Favre should probably be at the camps.

A-Rod should never say that ever.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, This is funny stuff. Who cares if Brett misses a mini-camp. I think Brett probably knows how to play the game. He threw so many INT's last year because of the factor's Zero listed.

Noone said every INT was the WR or OL fault but alot of them were.

Brett's going to toss some INT's no matter what and they will be his fault but not 29 of them.

You say that a few more checkdowns and we could have possibly won more games but I say a few more blocks and we would have never been in the situation where Brett had to try to win a game by himself.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my opinion on this topic- Aaron Rodgers was taking at fast coarse on the new Packer offense since late in March, therefore he was in position to inform Brett in on the new offense.

Brett has 13 years in the west coast offense, but the terminology has change with the new coaching staff, Favre should not have much trouble getting into the "swing of things" quickly. If Aaron Rodgers helps out with Brett understanding of the new terminology, It frees up the coaches to work on other things with all the new personel in camp. Your fellow Quarterback should help out the other QB team mate . I would imagine Brett has helped Aaron Rodgers out over the last year with different things about the Packer offense.

There are plenty of other practices, Favre will be attending . Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy said this minicamp session is optional, Doesn't seem to be a problem to me.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW...I thought after the draft people would have something different to talk about. Seems the Favre haters want to keep the battle going.

Members online

Latest posts