Favre was cold

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the Bears day, and not ours. This was their "super bowl", and they played that way. We on the other hand, stunk up the joint.
But better now then in the playoffs.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing it never got that cold while I was playing...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

...ya pansies!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lexstein said:
Quit making excuses for Favre....he sucked it up....he's done it many times before, the guy is not a God, he's just another football player who doesn't play well sometimes. When he's bad, he's BAD, but more often then not he's great.

Yeah..it's all Favre's fault...don't you know? :roll:

The O-Line didn't suck yesterday... :roll:

The special teams were special... :roll:

and the Defense was the "Death Squad" not the "Suck Squad".... :roll:

Right!

(Don't you know it's always that Evil Favre's fault when they lose?) :roll:

Oh..and the receivers didn't drop any passes either yesterday.... :roll:

Where did he blame it all on Favre? :roll:

Perhaps you should read his post because what he said was spot on.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Lexstein said:
Quit making excuses for Favre....he sucked it up....he's done it many times before, the guy is not a God, he's just another football player who doesn't play well sometimes. When he's bad, he's BAD, but more often then not he's great.

Yeah..it's all Favre's fault...don't you know? :roll:

The O-Line didn't suck yesterday... :roll:

The special teams were special... :roll:

and the Defense was the "Death Squad" not the "Suck Squad".... :roll:

Right!

(Don't you know it's always that Evil Favre's fault when they lose?) :roll:

Oh..and the receivers didn't drop any passes either yesterday.... :roll:

Where did he blame it all on Favre? :roll:

Perhaps you should read his post because what he said was spot on.

what are you new, pork?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss has LITTLE,LITTLE to do with BF so I can understand what Fuzz is saying. How are you going to single out Favre in those conditions? Wind effects alot of things for QB's. Not so much for the O-line and the Defense.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss has LITTLE,LITTLE to do with BF

Yep.

When the Pack does bad, it was everyone's fault but Brett's, and when the Pack does good, it was ALL Brett.

Nobody played well, but Favre played very bad. The O-line didn't play well, but they didn't play bad enough to where Orton should outplay Favre, which he did.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Wow, I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard.

The Bears gave Orton time. The Packers gave Brett none. Exactly how many sacks did we have? The fact is the Bears O-line COMPLETELY DOMINATED the Packers and gave Orton time to throw the ball.

Brett's not above criticism but I don't think it's fair to single him out when he is expected to throw the ball in 2 seconds into 40 mph winds. Does Wind effect blocking? Maybe those 290 Lb. lineman that we have blew over or something.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pack should have been throwing 2 second slants so time wouldn't have mattered.

The list of ppl/things to blame for the Bears' loss do not include the weather but do include Brett, wrs dropping easy catches (esp. Lee), O-line, John Ryan and co, McCarthy....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I think that the Bears won that game because...they were better on that day.
Agreed.

I agree as well..I REALLY do, Packers deserved to lose that game..

But notice how he said nothing of "luck", say like a punter dropping a snap?

All skill when they win, or it meant nothing to the Bears thats why they lost

LOL

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Bears gave Orton time. The Packers gave Brett none. Exactly how many sacks did we have? The fact is the Bears O-line COMPLETELY DOMINATED the Packers and gave Orton time to throw the ball.

Brett's not above criticism but I don't think it's fair to single him out when he is expected to throw the ball in 2 seconds into 40 mph winds. Does Wind effect blocking? Maybe those 290 Lb. lineman that we have blew over or something.

That's because certain guys can never point the finger when any of TT's guys play bad, KGB....

Certain guys never call out the defense when they suck..

Certain guys never mention the WR's dropping balls...

Certain guys don't even mention the horrendous special teams play that put the Packers in an unrecoverable hole...

Certain guys will NEVER call out the O-Line when they suck, which they sometimes do. Notice how they say, "they played bad, but not bad enough to lose the game."

Q: How do they know this?

A: They are just making it up because they don't understand the relationship between adequate pass blocking and good QB play...

But mostly, certain guys do this because it's just easier to blame Favre then admit that your whole team took a crap on you that day.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

That's because certain guys can never point the finger when any of TT's guys play bad, KGB....

Certain guys never call out the defense when they suck..

Certain guys never mention the WR's dropping balls...

Certain guys don't even mention the horrendous special teams play that put the Packers in an unrecoverable hole...

Certain guys will NEVER call out the O-Line when they suck, which they sometimes do. Notice how they say, "they played bad, but not bad enough to lose the game."

Q: How do they know this?

A: They are just making it up because they don't understand the relationship between adequate pass blocking and good QB play...

But mostly, certain guys do this because it's just easier to blame Favre then admit that your whole team took a crap on you that day.

yeah, I think it's become more then obvious (at least to me) that we need some help with our offensive line this off-season. The guard positions are still up for grabs essentially and heading into the playoffs like that is bad news. If you look at the top teams in the NFL, they're offensive line plays great, see Dallas and the Patriots. Not to get too far off topic here, but I was our top two priorities this off-season are the offensive line and the defensive backfield.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, we did not get the kind of pressure against you guys that we've gotten against most teams this year. The line played pretty well IMO compared to other opponents. We are top 5 in sacks in NFL (or were anyway) and only got, what 1?
Here's the deal. You guys have made people pay with the big 4 and 5 WR sets all year...when the weather rendered that ineffective, we played the run and were able to shut it down. The weather favored our gameplan pure and simple. Then Favre gave us his usual 2 INTS and Urlacher iced it with a TD. Game over.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
To be honest, we did not get the kind of pressure against you guys that we've gotten against most teams this year. The line played pretty well IMO compared to other opponents. We are top 5 in sacks in NFL (or were anyway) and only got, what 1?
Here's the deal. You guys have made people pay with the big 4 and 5 WR sets all year...when the weather rendered that ineffective, we played the run and were able to shut it down. The weather favored our gameplan pure and simple. Then Favre gave us his usual 2 INTS and Urlacher iced it with a TD. Game over.

I'll agree with you. Without an effective passing game, we are fairly easy to beat. That's what I have been trying to tell people that have been freakin' out about us not getting home field advantage throughout. I honestly believe that Dallas is built better to play in the cold, with their huge offensive line and good running backs. I may have not said this before the Bear's game, but I'm pretty sure we proved that this young team has not gotten used to playing in the cold. However, in Dallas, we will be able to pass the ball just fine and will have a better shot to win in my opinion. I know, I know, Favre hasn't won there, but that doesn't scare me. If we play decent ball, they can definitely be beat.

The Bears may be able to handle cold weather fairly well right now, too bad only a few games a season might be like that. At least you can win a few!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where is he getting singled out? At least from the post lexstein made? It's ridiculous that you can't be critical of Favre when he does a poor job. Favre is a great and Hall of Fame QB but like stated he's not perfect and this past Sunday was a case of in which Favre struggled. It's not his fault the Packers loss to the Bears but everyone from Favre to the awful peformance by Rod Davis needs to accept responsiblity.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

Where is he getting singled out? At least from the post lexstein made? It's ridiculous that you can't be critical of Favre when he does a poor job. Favre is a great and Hall of Fame QB but like stated he's not perfect and this past Sunday was a case of in which Favre struggled. It's not his fault the Packers loss to the Bears but everyone from Favre to the awful peformance by Rod Davis needs to accept responsiblity.

My reply was to this comment, Porky.

Nobody played well, but Favre played very bad. The O-line didn't play well, but they didn't play bad enough to where Orton should outplay Favre, which he did.

Our O-line was terrible and Brett had a bad game. On a warm day with 50 mph winds you couldn't expect Brett to be to darn good. I've said it over and over. I don't place to much blame on Brett for this one just like I don't blame the WR's or to a point Ryan. These guys have to throw, catch, handle a ball. That's hard to do in those conditions. However BLOCKING, COVERING, TACKLING, ETC should not be effected.

It's not that Brett is above criticism but what do you expect? A perfect QB rating from a guy that had 2 seconds to deliver a ball in swirling winds?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, I think it's become more then obvious (at least to me) that we need some help with our offensive line this off-season. The guard positions are still up for grabs essentially and heading into the playoffs like that is bad news. If you look at the top teams in the NFL, they're offensive line plays great, see Dallas and the Patriots. Not to get too far off topic here, but I was our top two priorities this off-season are the offensive line and the defensive backfield.

I have a strong feeling the Guard position will be addressed in the draft, and we'll get two CBs in the draft.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

My reply was to this comment, Porky.

Our O-line was terrible and Brett had a bad game. On a warm day with 50 mph winds you couldn't expect Brett to be to darn good. I've said it over and over. I don't place to much blame on Brett for this one just like I don't blame the WR's or to a point Ryan. These guys have to throw, catch, handle a ball. That's hard to do in those conditions. However BLOCKING, COVERING, TACKLING, ETC should not be effected.

It's not that Brett is above criticism but what do you expect? A perfect QB rating from a guy that had 2 seconds to deliver a ball in swirling winds?

I c. Aren't you use to Trom by now? :lol:

Everything is tougher to do in that kind of weather, even tackling. I was actually listening to an ex defensive player talk about how hard it is to tackle in places like Green Bay, Buffalo, and New England late in the year because teams aren‘t use to the cold.

As far as what I would expect out of Favre. I would expect Favre to out play Kyle Orton under just about any circumstance. The offensive line was awful but even when Favre had time to play, he didn't make much use of it. It was just a bad performance all around and not one Packer was better than one Bear that day. I hope this is one of those get it out of your system games. I wasn't expecting 14-2 out of the Packers even when we were 10-1. I figured a bump in the road would happen. Not to this extent but none the less it still happened. I certainly would not be alarmed by this yet. I actually think if the Pack beat the Lions hands down, it will say a lot about the coaching staff and the players of this team.

Members online

Latest posts