1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre was cold

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Dec 23, 2007.

1. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't say the Organization did.

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice write-up. This game was lost at the lines.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We just had a horrible game all around. But if it happens now, at least it wasn't during the playoffs. Hopefully "Eminem" rides them this week, and makes them watch the game film over and over and over........and then burns it.
    We stunk on ALL levels. We still HAD a shot at homefield throughout.
    Now that that is gone, hopefully they will rest some of the starters, and not chance an injury.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    So the Bears skill players don't have low body fat? The weather didnt seem to bother them at all.

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    midwest...you're right. Bottom line, the packers were a bunch of absolute wimps out there today that did not prepare themselves mentally to play in that weather.

Do 40 mph winds and all that jazz suck...yes, but c'mon.. the bears punted, covered, and passed just fine.

MM gave no thought to us having a shot at a passing game until we saw the bears execute just fine. Favre was a wimp and I was so discouraged seeing him sprint off the field at half w/ 30 sec left on the clock. No effort on ST, no focus, o-line laid an egg.

This is not a doomsday prophesy at all...it was just painfully obvious to me that this team didn't give a darn about this game even before it started.

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

True, and looking back that looks like a stupid comment, not sure why I said it (possibly because I had just woken up after deciding sleep was better then watching the end of the game).

Cramping up is no excuse. I'm guessing the players cramped up, and on top of that it seemed like things just weren't going our way with a blowout staring them in the face. That led them to pack it in, take the easy route and play with little effort.

Looking at the replays, Brett took a damn pounding. Terrible pass pro as someone before highlighted.

As for the D, I'm still not understanding why our LBs and Safties weren't playing closer to the LOS. D-Line did them no favor, but come on we're playing a running team, not the Pats.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Stop implying someone in the organization said weather was the reason why we lost. The wold is not coming to end.

8. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Again, where did I state that SOMEONE in the organization sad weather was an excuse. Also please find where anyone said the world is coming to an end.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Let's just stop already. The wold is going to be okay. No one used the weather as an excuse so lets just stop implying these weird things.

10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    the bears had it much easier.

they were on the home sideline. the wind barely touched them. if you watch the replay... the entire side behind the green bay bench left for halftime to get out of the weather. it was blowing in off the water and hitting that side of the stadium. So the pack had to take the beating on the sideline while the other side of the fans and the bears team got to sit in cold weather without wind. much more like a normal cold weather game.
    The chain gang moved to the other side of the field after the first quarter because the conditions were too harsh on the packers side of the field. If you go back and watch the tape, you can tell... one side of the stadium and the packers are hunched down trying to stay alive... then the bears and the fans on that side are cheering and moving around.

it was an honest to god anamoly... and likely wont ever happen again. just a freak game. and we played like we wanted to leave.

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Exactly Packnic. It was like two different stadiums inside one. Throw in the 22 to 7 minute time of advantage after the 10+ minute first drive and it is amazing the O did not freeze to death.

12. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    May be it was because the sun is entering the sign of Capricorn, and the moon will be entering the seventh solar house.

Not mention that Jupiter has aligned with Mars. :p

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. I knew you'd take that quote. That was the thing I was fearing when the 2nd half started, worse than losing the game. :roll:

But as any decent gambler knows - there's only one thing you can be certain of in life. It's you're gonna die. Everything else is a gamble, and there's no such thing as a sure bet. :(

14. Lexstein

Lexstein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quit making excuses for Favre....he sucked it up....he's done it many times before, the guy is not a God, he's just another football player who doesn't play well sometimes. When he's bad, he's BAD, but more often then not he's great.

15. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah..it's all Favre's fault...don't you know? :roll:

The O-Line didn't suck yesterday... :roll:

The special teams were special... :roll:

and the Defense was the "Death Squad" not the "Suck Squad".... :roll:

Right!

(Don't you know it's always that Evil Favre's fault when they lose?) :roll:

Oh..and the receivers didn't drop any passes either yesterday.... :roll:

16. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187

Oh you know it, everyone played their best yesterday... except of course... well... Favre... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    No one used the weather as an excuse for the loss.

18. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i think we lost because of the weather.

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

20. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packnic ;

This is one excellent observation that I had never even thought of. Up until now I just assumed the Bears were better prepared overall but this gives me a new perspective ( not that I was looking for an excuse for the team ).

I did notice MM's face on the post game interview and the man's face seriously looked one massive case of frost bite. Living up here in Canada we have the opportunity of seeing some "freaky weather type" games a little more than the coldest cities in the states and do know that stadium winds, when they get really bad; are not always fair to both teams.

Again,

Thanks for the insight !!

21. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

IF the wind was just blowing in from the water, or from the East, that is the side of the field that the Packers bench is on. Therefore, the Pac bench would have been the 'protected' one. The wind was swirling and hitting everywhere.

Also, I believe that the east side of the stadium has access to the indoor Cadillac Club. It is heated. Those fans were taking advantage of that.

Body fat, wind protected sidelines, what else???

I think that the Bears won that game because...they were better on that day.

22. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That gives the Bears too much credit. Bears better than anyone is too much credit. They won because we were worse than them that day.

23. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we lost the game, their is no use making excuses.

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    And Mars is aligned with "Uranus!!!!" :lol: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

25. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed 4th...the prevailing wind theory is nice, and all this weather anomoly talk is splendid, but the bottom line is that the packers were much bigger wimps in the wind and snow, and the bears came prepared to kick some butt regardless of the weather conditions.