Favre wants Moss?

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find this a little hard to believe. After what he said about Walker, who always worked hard, he wants this malcontent with declining skills on our team. I can see a fist fight in the middle of the game when Randy decides to take a play off and not run out a route.
Besides, what is he worth at this point. I wouldn't give up either of our first two picks since this is a receiver deep draft and we could get longer term help there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I doubt the Packers would give up anything higher than a 3rd rd pick from our draft. They may add a player for him, but other than that I don't see us giving up a 1st or 2nd, no chance.

I think Moss has a respect issue, he doesn't respect his current slate of QB's an sluffs off. His 2001 comment of 'I play when I wanna' or however you want to word it was nearly six years ago. He MIGHT have learned from his mistakes. :shrug: who knows.

I'm letting the Packers make this decision. I'd like the guy on the team, but I wouldn't sell the house to get him. I'm sure under Brett, Moss would be a great addon. It's after Brett retires that I become worried.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said that players should honor their contracts. It was said to get Walker's attention, certainly, but it wasn't meant to bash him. Randy hasn't (in so many words) said "I'm not playing for this team anymore. Trade me or cut me."

Also, look at it from a QB perspective: he wants talented WRs on his team. He wanted Walker to stay, and now he wants Moss to sign up.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys... Moss is under contract to another team.

If GB was talking like people claim, Oakland would be recieving the Packers 1st and probably 2nd round picks for tampering.

What we have are a bunch of inaccurate reports of what Favre might have said to Thompson based upon people's wishful thinking.

By the way, Favre and Moss do NOT have the same agent. Cook, was Moss's agent for about 5 minutes along time ago.

Keep dreaming, but let's not start selling rumors and attributions as facts.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Okay, the guy who first broke the news to me about Brett playing in 2007 has heard Moss can be had for a 3rd rd'er. Nothing too new there. Apparently Brett has asked Ted to make a hard play for Moss.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a report that says either a) TT said he's interested in Moss or b) Favre said he wants Moss?

(And I mean a link that isn't PFT)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are far outside the trading deadlines.

No trade could be completed before March 2 at the earliest.

Some one please explain to me why they think Al Davis (a shrewd business man) would screw himself by locking in on a Kmart blue light price for Moss who he has a HUGE investment in, and not put him on the market to the highest bidder instead.

It seems that some of you are ready to call him Uncle Al, because surely he must have adopted the Packers to engage in such a giveaway months before any such trade would be possible and far before he had even hired his new coach (since these rumors of a 3rd have been flying for many weeks). In fact the rumors of Favre telling TT he wanted him to go after Moss started in June of last season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Al Davis has atleast once already forced the hand of a player who was unhappy playing in Oakland. I'm not 100% on the details, but I believe Marcus Allen wanted to be traded or cut and Al refused forcing him to play out his contract.

1987: The troubles between Marcus Allen and Al Davis only get more heated as the Raiders sign former Heisman Winner Bo Jackson. However, they would not have Jackson full time as he chose to split time between baseball with the Kansas City Royals and football with the Raiders. With baseball season wrapping up Allen helped lead the Raiders to a 2-0 start before a Players strike led to the use of replacement players. However Davis insisted Allen cross the line and when he didn't the bad blood between the two got worse. After winning their first game the Raiders scabs would lose their next 2. When the regulars returned the losing streak continued. The losing streak would finally end with a Monday Night showdown in Seattle where Bo Jackson ran over Brian Bozwroth and the Seahawks in a 37-14 win. However, it was just a minor reprieve as the Raiders lost their last 3 and finished with a woeful 5-10 record. After the season Al Davis, unhappy with the passionless crowds in Los Angeles began to make overtures that he wanted to move again. Meanwhile Coach Tom Flores would resign after a successful 9-year tenure.

1988: Under new coach Mike Shanahan the Raiders would play mediocre football all season finishing with a 7-9 record, as newly acquired QB Jay Schroeder struggles with turnovers, and Marcus Allen is under utilized with 2nd half arrival of Bo Jackson. Following the season Al Davis would flirt with a move back to Oakland, but agreed to stay in Los Angeles after renovations were made at the Coliseum.

1989: After winning their season opener 40-14 over the San Diego Chargers, at the Coliseum the Raiders drop their next 3 games leading to the firing of Coach Mike Shanahan. Under new Coach Art Shell the Raiders would play better football right away winning 4 of Shell's first 5 games. In becoming coach Art Shell became the first black coach in the modern day NFL. The Raiders needed a win in their final game to have a shot at a playoff spot. However, the Raiders season would end with a 34-17 loss to the Giants in New York, as the Raiders finished with an 8-8 record, as Marcus Allen only carries the ball 69 times.

1990: With Marcus Allen becoming a vital part of the offense again with 13 Touchdowns as the Raiders win 6 of their first 7 games. The Raiders would go on to capture the AFC West with a 12-4 record as Allen and Bo Jackson provide a potent 1-2 punch in the backfield. In the Divisional Playoffs the Raiders would beat the Cincinnati Bengals 21-10 at the Coliseum. However, RB Bo Jackson would suffer a career ending hip injury late in the 3rd Quarter when David Fulcher literal rips the hip out its socket in a tackle from behind on the sidelines. Playing without Bo in bone chilling weather the Raiders season is ended with a 51-3 rout at the hands of the Bills in the AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

1991: Al Davis further enflames the ire of Marcus Allen by signing Plan B Free agent Roger Craig, as Allen seems trapped on the Raiders being under used. The Raiders probably could have used Allen as they lost their last 3 games of the season. However, with a record of 9-7 the Raiders still managed to sneak into the playoffs. However, their season would end quickly with a 10-6 loss to the Chiefs in Kansas City in the Wild Card Game.

1992: Marcus Allen continues to be buried on the bench as the Raiders get off to a miserable start losing their first 4 games. The Raiders would not be able to overcome the start never reaching the .500 mark, while finishing with a 7-9 record. Following the season Marcus Allen given the opportunity of true free agency signed with Kansas City Chiefs, in an attempt at revenge against Al Davis, who orchestrated his long benching.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Zero. Porter is another recent example.

Al Davis has atleast once already forced the hand of a player who was unhappy playing in Oakland. I'm not 100% on the details, but I believe Marcus Allen wanted to be traded or cut and Al refused forcing him to play out his contract.

1987: The troubles between Marcus Allen and Al Davis only get more heated as the Raiders sign former Heisman Winner Bo Jackson. However, they would not have Jackson full time as he chose to split time between baseball with the Kansas City Royals and football with the Raiders. With baseball season wrapping up Allen helped lead the Raiders to a 2-0 start before a Players strike led to the use of replacement players. However Davis insisted Allen cross the line and when he didn't the bad blood between the two got worse. After winning their first game the Raiders scabs would lose their next 2. When the regulars returned the losing streak continued. The losing streak would finally end with a Monday Night showdown in Seattle where Bo Jackson ran over Brian Bozwroth and the Seahawks in a 37-14 win. However, it was just a minor reprieve as the Raiders lost their last 3 and finished with a woeful 5-10 record. After the season Al Davis, unhappy with the passionless crowds in Los Angeles began to make overtures that he wanted to move again. Meanwhile Coach Tom Flores would resign after a successful 9-year tenure.

1988: Under new coach Mike Shanahan the Raiders would play mediocre football all season finishing with a 7-9 record, as newly acquired QB Jay Schroeder struggles with turnovers, and Marcus Allen is under utilized with 2nd half arrival of Bo Jackson. Following the season Al Davis would flirt with a move back to Oakland, but agreed to stay in Los Angeles after renovations were made at the Coliseum.

1989: After winning their season opener 40-14 over the San Diego Chargers, at the Coliseum the Raiders drop their next 3 games leading to the firing of Coach Mike Shanahan. Under new Coach Art Shell the Raiders would play better football right away winning 4 of Shell's first 5 games. In becoming coach Art Shell became the first black coach in the modern day NFL. The Raiders needed a win in their final game to have a shot at a playoff spot. However, the Raiders season would end with a 34-17 loss to the Giants in New York, as the Raiders finished with an 8-8 record, as Marcus Allen only carries the ball 69 times.

1990: With Marcus Allen becoming a vital part of the offense again with 13 Touchdowns as the Raiders win 6 of their first 7 games. The Raiders would go on to capture the AFC West with a 12-4 record as Allen and Bo Jackson provide a potent 1-2 punch in the backfield. In the Divisional Playoffs the Raiders would beat the Cincinnati Bengals 21-10 at the Coliseum. However, RB Bo Jackson would suffer a career ending hip injury late in the 3rd Quarter when David Fulcher literal rips the hip out its socket in a tackle from behind on the sidelines. Playing without Bo in bone chilling weather the Raiders season is ended with a 51-3 rout at the hands of the Bills in the AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

1991: Al Davis further enflames the ire of Marcus Allen by signing Plan B Free agent Roger Craig, as Allen seems trapped on the Raiders being under used. The Raiders probably could have used Allen as they lost their last 3 games of the season. However, with a record of 9-7 the Raiders still managed to sneak into the playoffs. However, their season would end quickly with a 10-6 loss to the Chiefs in Kansas City in the Wild Card Game.

1992: Marcus Allen continues to be buried on the bench as the Raiders get off to a miserable start losing their first 4 games. The Raiders would not be able to overcome the start never reaching the .500 mark, while finishing with a 7-9 record. Following the season Marcus Allen given the opportunity of true free agency signed with Kansas City Chiefs, in an attempt at revenge against Al Davis, who orchestrated his long benching.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers and Raiders can still mingle. Like I previously stated, a few teams called the Packers last year about Brett Favre and if he would be on the market come the off season. The Packers could call the Raiders and check to see if Randy Moss would be available this off season.

With that said I'm 99.9% positive that it's just wishful thinking by a Packer fan whom wants Randy Moss. A story like “Favre wants Moss” would be big enough to make it’s way to ESPN even if it were just a rumor.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a report that says either a) TT said he's interested in Moss or b) Favre said he wants Moss?

(And I mean a link that isn't PFT)

I doubt you will find a reliable source printing anything with a GM stating he wants to trade for another teams player due to tampering rules.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Favre+wants+Moss&btnG=Google+Search

lol

the best search result is the yahoo answers, where someone said they talked to an inside guywith the packers and its pretty much a done deal. if thats true: :cheerleader:
I'm calling ********

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother said he heard on the radio that the deal was done they were pretty much waiting to sign the papers don't know what station though but he wouldn't lie so????

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it on the local news (I live in the Bay Area of California), and the Raiders fans want Moss out of town.

ESPN's talked about Moss in Green Bay like once or twice, and they've shown footage of him watching in awe as Brett Favre kicked the Vikings' *****.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Moss is the player who said "thats brett favre you gottsa watch brett favre move outta the way i have to watch brett favre" or something like that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, Favre and Moss do NOT have the same agent. Cook, was Moss's agent for about 5 minutes along time ago.

http://www.packersnews.com/favre/articles/favre_25156910.shtml

"Largely because of his relationship with Favre, Cook has quietly assembled a rather considerable stable of players that includes Tennessee Titans star Steve McNair and Oakland Raiders standout Randy Moss."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=560697

"Cook shares representation with Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss and said he'd love to see Favre get the opportunity to play with him. "

But then there is this...so who is correct??

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.co.../702030555/1989

"Favre and Moss formerly shared the same agent, Bus Cook, and they know, like and respect each other. "

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should trade our 3rd rounder for moss ... he is and will be an amazing player in GB and i really hope ... we get him ... cause with him with our wr corps ---> Moss Driver Jennings Robinson
Green Lynch Morency
Franks Olsen or Miller from draft ...

WHAT AN OFFENSE LOL :$

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Is Mortenson Usually right?

I doubt he's wrong on this. I am willing to bet players always ask their GM to consider trading for another player. Donovan McNabb for Terrell Owens comes to mind.

Because player wants a trade for another, doesn't mean its going to happen.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when do the trading start ... like is their a specific date where trades can be started or were allready in that time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts