1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre wants Moss?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by paxvogel, Feb 5, 2007.

1. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I find this a little hard to believe. After what he said about Walker, who always worked hard, he wants this malcontent with declining skills on our team. I can see a fist fight in the middle of the game when Randy decides to take a play off and not run out a route.
    Besides, what is he worth at this point. I wouldn't give up either of our first two picks since this is a receiver deep draft and we could get longer term help there.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Has Favre himself stated (not third person) that he wants to have Moss as a Packer?

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I doubt the Packers would give up anything higher than a 3rd rd pick from our draft. They may add a player for him, but other than that I don't see us giving up a 1st or 2nd, no chance.

I think Moss has a respect issue, he doesn't respect his current slate of QB's an sluffs off. His 2001 comment of 'I play when I wanna' or however you want to word it was nearly six years ago. He MIGHT have learned from his mistakes. :shrug: who knows.

I'm letting the Packers make this decision. I'd like the guy on the team, but I wouldn't sell the house to get him. I'm sure under Brett, Moss would be a great addon. It's after Brett retires that I become worried.

4. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Favre said that players should honor their contracts. It was said to get Walker's attention, certainly, but it wasn't meant to bash him. Randy hasn't (in so many words) said "I'm not playing for this team anymore. Trade me or cut me."

Also, look at it from a QB perspective: he wants talented WRs on his team. He wanted Walker to stay, and now he wants Moss to sign up.

5. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys... Moss is under contract to another team.

If GB was talking like people claim, Oakland would be recieving the Packers 1st and probably 2nd round picks for tampering.

What we have are a bunch of inaccurate reports of what Favre might have said to Thompson based upon people's wishful thinking.

By the way, Favre and Moss do NOT have the same agent. Cook, was Moss's agent for about 5 minutes along time ago.

Keep dreaming, but let's not start selling rumors and attributions as facts.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Okay, the guy who first broke the news to me about Brett playing in 2007 has heard Moss can be had for a 3rd rd'er. Nothing too new there. Apparently Brett has asked Ted to make a hard play for Moss.

7. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a link to a report that says either a) TT said he's interested in Moss or b) Favre said he wants Moss?

(And I mean a link that isn't PFT)

8. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We are far outside the trading deadlines.

No trade could be completed before March 2 at the earliest.

Some one please explain to me why they think Al Davis (a shrewd business man) would screw himself by locking in on a Kmart blue light price for Moss who he has a HUGE investment in, and not put him on the market to the highest bidder instead.

It seems that some of you are ready to call him Uncle Al, because surely he must have adopted the Packers to engage in such a giveaway months before any such trade would be possible and far before he had even hired his new coach (since these rumors of a 3rd have been flying for many weeks). In fact the rumors of Favre telling TT he wanted him to go after Moss started in June of last season.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Al Davis has atleast once already forced the hand of a player who was unhappy playing in Oakland. I'm not 100% on the details, but I believe Marcus Allen wanted to be traded or cut and Al refused forcing him to play out his contract.

10. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Zero. Porter is another recent example.

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers and Raiders can still mingle. Like I previously stated, a few teams called the Packers last year about Brett Favre and if he would be on the market come the off season. The Packers could call the Raiders and check to see if Randy Moss would be available this off season.

With that said I'm 99.9% positive that it's just wishful thinking by a Packer fan whom wants Randy Moss. A story like “Favre wants Moss” would be big enough to make it’s way to ESPN even if it were just a rumor.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I doubt you will find a reliable source printing anything with a GM stating he wants to trade for another teams player due to tampering rules.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
  14. Chevelle2

Chevelle2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  15. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm calling bullshit

16. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother said he heard on the radio that the deal was done they were pretty much waiting to sign the papers don't know what station though but he wouldn't lie so????

17. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw it on the local news (I live in the Bay Area of California), and the Raiders fans want Moss out of town.

ESPN's talked about Moss in Green Bay like once or twice, and they've shown footage of him watching in awe as Brett Favre kicked the Vikings' asses.

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I think Moss is the player who said "thats brett favre you gottsa watch brett favre move outta the way i have to watch brett favre" or something like that.

19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    http://www.packersnews.com/favre/articles/favre_25156910.shtml

"Largely because of his relationship with Favre, Cook has quietly assembled a rather considerable stable of players that includes Tennessee Titans star Steve McNair and Oakland Raiders standout Randy Moss."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=560697

"Cook shares representation with Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss and said he'd love to see Favre get the opportunity to play with him. "

But then there is this...so who is correct??

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.co.../702030555/1989

"Favre and Moss formerly shared the same agent, Bus Cook, and they know, like and respect each other. "

20. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

22. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is Mortenson Usually right?

23. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We should trade our 3rd rounder for moss ... he is and will be an amazing player in GB and i really hope ... we get him ... cause with him with our wr corps ---> Moss Driver Jennings Robinson
    Green Lynch Morency
    Franks Olsen or Miller from draft ...

WHAT AN OFFENSE LOL :$

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I doubt he's wrong on this. I am willing to bet players always ask their GM to consider trading for another player. Donovan McNabb for Terrell Owens comes to mind.

Because player wants a trade for another, doesn't mean its going to happen.

25. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    when do the trading start ... like is their a specific date where trades can be started or were allready in that time