1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre vs Rodgers debate here only/Anything Favre Here only

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by wizard 87, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Burr

Burr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. That's just a team who knows how to use free agency. And also because they suckered Ted Thompson into trading our hall of fame quarterback for a 3rd round draft pick. LOL - you can't make this stuff up folks.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

A team that knows how to use free agency can't beat a 2 win team for the right to be in the playoffs..

Makes sense to me to spend all that money in f/a then

3. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I'm sure TT feels "suckered" after Thomas Jones and other "unknown Jets players" were talking about how bad Favre hurt the Jets the last month of the season.

REMEMBER: FAVRE COULDN'T BEAT A 2-WIN SEATTLE TEAM SO THAT HIS TEAM COULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. This his the legacy he's creating.

4. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    THANK YOU :clap:

5. catchpatch

catchpatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Suckered? Did you really just watch the same season I watched and claim the Packers got suckered? The Jets traded away a draft pick for a retired 39-year-old who did no work in the offseason and didn't know their system. He made a circus out of their preseason, he created ill will in the locker room, his salary burdened their cap, and his mistakes on the field cost them a playoff appearance.

The Packers, meanwhile, get a draft pick for a player they weren't planning on having anyway, and get to move on to a quarterback who played significantly better than Favre this year. It looks to me like the Jets got suckered on this deal.

6. ksios

ksios Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally would have rather had Brett than Rodgers this year. Rodgers had a better season than Brett, but it didn't really matter did it. The Packers still ended up 6-10 and not in the playoffs. I am NOT against Aaron, he will be an ok QB. I feel that Brett was this team's voice and character way longer than anybody elses. Even that statement can be debated with players like Star, and that whole lot. If nothing else, this type of debate shows the passion we fans have for the Green Bay Packers. I got to believe based on all the posts I see here, that over 90% of the fan base believe that TT and MM (to a lesser extent) made major blunders with this team. I don't know if it was an ego thing for TT or what, I believe that the man who held the job before him, understood what it meant to be part of this team. I don't get the same fealing from either TT or MM. They talk the talk, but they don't deliever. Of course that is my opinion. Feel free to disagree or agree.... go ahead and talk amongst yourselves.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

90% here?

This thread was created in a sense to allow "ted haters" to spout off...

So yeah its going to be full of that LOL

There is only one forum that is 90% anti Ted and thats Brett's forum..All the others I go to are about 3/4 Ted supporters

8. ksios

ksios Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep your right. Only people who drank the cool-aide are alowed to have an opinion. Hmm what's in this cup.... it tastes kind of funny.... I feel wierd.... TT is a great Gm he is the best GM out there... Brett who?.....No improvements needed....I belong to the crowd. Yeah!!!!!!! Hoo Hoo!!!

9. favrefan4

favrefan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The last time I heard anything about the whole Favre being traded was when I heard that TT didn't even want Favre the last 2 years he was there. He made the Jets better, but they still missed the Playoffs. Aaron Rodgers is going to do us a hell of a lot better than we did last year b/c of the nice *** draft picks we got. DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!!