1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre vs Rodgers debate here only/Anything Favre Here only

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by wizard 87, Oct 5, 2008.

1. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    Since this keeps coming up let's put all that here in this thread and not in the game analysis etc.
    Not trying to censor anyone...but let's keep that topic here. If it starts anywhere else it's getting moved here. With that said let the debate begin...and please no personal attacks.

Anything Favre related also belongs in here. If it's posted elsewhere, it will be moved here.

2. GBstock

GBstock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Fair request Favre vs Rodgers debate here only.

Just let people vent, where they want. There is no debate, but that's no Rodgers fault. It's McCarthy and Thompsons fault.

3. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

They will vent here as wizard told them. We don't need tons of threads on the same subject. Any questions, talk to me. End of story.

4. GBstock

GBstock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Wow you guys really get nasty after an embarassing loss. Just look through the other threads. It's all over the place. Just trying to save you guys from some useless work. Good luck making all the transfers

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,954

I think it is a good idea to have one thread dedicated to why the team needs Bf and not Rodgers

Each thread tends to steer in that direction it seems no matter what

6. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

It's called delete if it gets out of hand.

7. GBstock

GBstock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm not anti Rodgers.He will be OK. It's not his fault. But a QB depth chart reading Favre- Rodgers-Flynn would look alot better than Rodgers-Flynn- Brohm. Not hindsight....anyone with any grey matter at all was saying this in August.

8. GBstock

GBstock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That's cool....he said he was going to move them here...that's all.

9. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

That's what a few of us have been saying all along

10. GBstock

GBstock Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yea..I know....I'm just venting. It is such a shame. Guys like Driver, Woodson and Barnett don't deserve this.

11. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

To include Barnett in that statement is an insult to Driver & Woodson. Club 56 has been a huge disappointment in '08 for me. I'm waiting for him to take on an Urlacher or Ray Lewis personna in his 6th season & he appears to be inexplicably regressing.

I have to listen to the games on sattelite radio at work & Larry McCarren is telling it like it is. Barnett is not tackling like an elite MLB. Larry is going out of his way to point out plays where Barnett has been out of position or arm tackling or putting forth poor effort alltogether.

He needs to spend less effort trying to sound like Ray Lewis & more effort trying to play like Ray Lewis.

12. ORPackfan

ORPackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Wow The other board i came from were werent even allowed to say Favres name let alone compare the two quarterbacks...lol

13. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

We try to keep an open mind here. :) By some of the folk, I was considered a "Favre firster". But I don't like to compare Favre and Rodgers now, because Favre is gone. I miss Favre, but we need to move forward.

14. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

We don't need to move forward, we need to hold the blunders made by this GM and caoch accountable for where they put this team. People need to stop giving this crew a free pass. How many games do we need to lose before it becomes apparent that they made some very bad moves and its starting to show?

15. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Well, it's very apparent that TT and MM made some HUGE blunders. But we are not getting Favre back at this point. Favre's having too good of a time in New York (er... well, New Jersey). Should they make another move, my bet is, it'll probably be an even BIGGER blunder.

16. OHIOFAN

OHIOFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I do not think that Favre would have done any better then Rodgers so far this year. We have bigger issues than the QB play. The O-line and D-line play has been terrible thus far. People need to keep in mind that Rodgers is basically a rookie (playing time wise) and has played very well. As time goes on he will only get better. For the most part our starting field possession has been horrible along with the stupid penalties. We have no O-line, the D-line can't stop the run, secondary is banged up but playing ok and we have no pass rush along with the fact that we can't run the ball. The problem with the Packers right now is that they are very predictable, it is hard to to play action like the love to do when the other team does not fear you running the ball. I think that fans get caught up in the Legend of Brett Favre (who is a great Q.B.) and tend to forgett that he went through some growing pains during his career. Rodgers will be a Pro Bowl Q.B. if given time to gell and develop, he is the least of our problem, the pic against Atlanta did hurt bad, but he played better than could be expected playing hurt.

17. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

To me its not about getting favre back. Its about whether or not we can trust this Gm to make the right decisions. I have said this before that this team might not have the chance it did this year for a long time from now. ANy team should take the shotwhen they have it. It defies all logic to throw a way a golden opportunity just to see if what you drafted is going to work out or not. One of the arguments pro TT was we had to see what rodgers could do. Well what if he turns out to be good but not good enough? Do we then develope another QB and start the whole team over again? We would have to and that takes time and you could be talking another 4+ years before were in this position again.
    And don't tell me that Rodgers has proven himslef 100% this year. Were only 5 games into the season and fromwhat I have seen, it doesn't look like he is exactly blowing anyones doors off. By the way, I thought his running ability was suppossed to win games for us that Favre couldn't. From what I've seen over the last summer, I don't think we have the man in the right place to do it.

18. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

NFL quarterback rankings

1 Jay Cutler DEN QB
    2 Kurt Warner ARI QB
    3 Tony Romo DAL QB
    4 Drew Brees NO QB
    5 Donovan McNabb PHI QB
    6 Aaron Rodgers GB QB
    7 Philip Rivers SD QB
    8 Kyle Orton CHI QB
    9 Jake Delhomme CAR QB
    10 J.T. O'Sullivan SF QB
    11 Jason Campbell WAS QB
    12 Eli Manning NYG QB
    13 Peyton Manning IND QB
    14 David Garrard JAC QB
    15 Trent Edwards BUF QB
    16 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB
    17 Brett Favre NYJ QB
    18 Matt Ryan ATL QB
    19 Chad Pennington MIA QB
    20 Brian Griese TB QB
    21 Jon Kitna DET QB
    22 Kerry Collins TEN QB
    23 Carson Palmer CIN QB
    24 Matt Cassel NE QB
    25 Matt Schaub HOU QB
    26 JaMarcus Russell OAK QB
    27 Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB
    28 Joe Flacco BAL QB
    29 Derek Anderson CLE QB
    30 Marc Bulger STL QB
    31 Gus Frerotte MIN QB
    32 Tarvaris Jackson MIN QB
    32 Tyler Thigpen KC QB

from NFL.com

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,954

that is just yards and he didnt play this week

BF leads EVERYONE in rating and AR is #10

and has 4 int just like AR

20. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

And, 15 years experience vs 5 games?

“…it’s a prehistoric monster that no one understands, an illogical piece of antiquity that influences so much of the game when it shouldn’t. It affects what is written, what is discussed, what becomes the basis, in some cases, of salary structure and bonuses for players and coordinators.

21. khalz

khalz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

There's nothing to debate in my mind. Rodgers is our guy. Favre moved on. Favre was our guy for many years and he did us good (for the most part). Rodgers is doing a good job (for the most part) and he definitely has room to improve (and he will).
    If anyone is truly interested in comparing, look at the side by side stats. (http://12aaronrodgers.com)
    Favre is a better QB.. he has the records to prove it. He also has hella more experience.
    Rodgers learned from a legend, he has what it takes as well as a better offense to lead.
    As long as we kill the Bears this year, were good!

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,954

i am not bashing Ar and pumping up BF

Just stating that the list you post was just for yards thrown this year..

23. sundown

sundown no cheese

Ratings:
    +1

personnaly I think Rodgers will be a better QB than Favre at least as far as taking care of the ball . Favre admits that Rodgers has a great arm he said as much and Rodgers is also a better decision maker than Favre,he may not come up with these wild adlib plays that Favre used to comeup with be he has shown already that he can make some awesome throws and AR has good feet besides which is a big plus.we all need to give Rodgers a little time, remember he has only started a total of 5 NFL games and the O line has not really done a good job of protecting him,under the circumstances I think he has done a awesome job .One other point ,AR has shown us all what a gritty ,tough guy he is ,i think he proved that Sunday.

24. angryguy77

angryguy77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Defense is only giving up 22 more yds per game on average than last year. That means that our d wasn't blowing anyone up last year either. But we were finding ways to win on offense. Rodgers is putting up good numbers, but he's not making the plays when they count. Thats what we had last year it made up for the lack of good D.

25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,954