Favre Versus Rodgers?!!

khalz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all, I found this site, and it should be fun to watch this season. Its a Favre VS Rodgers 'fantasy' comparison report type of thing.

Its at http://12aaronrodgers.com under the Favre VS Rodgers tab.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. While many packer Fans still like Favre we've moved on and any comparisons at this point are just plain moot.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. While many packer Fans still like Favre we've moved on and any comparisons at this point are just plain moot.
Speak for yourself. The Favre haters will be wishing they hadn't"moved on" after all is said and done.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
Veretax said:
Speak for yourself. The Favre haters will be wishing they hadn't"moved on" after all is said and done.

That may be true, but the reality is Favre is gone, we traded him away, and even if we could and wanted him back I doubt he would come back after all that happened. The bridge has been despoiled, burned, and sacked, and noone can rebuild it at this time. Its time to live with what we have and root for the Pack the only way we know how.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When people ask me about Favre now I just say "WHO?" He is history now, I wish him well but it is the Packers I have loved for 40 years with lots of players coming and going. In terms of Rodgers I would rather have him than Romo who is very overrated.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
In terms of Rodgers I would rather have him than Romo who is very overrated.

Funny how non-Packers' fans always told me the same thing about Favre - over-rated. Also funny to point out that Romo is now tied for best road W-L record to start a career with one team. Funny that these "overrated" QBs just keep on winning.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AUSNFL#199 said:
yer Aaron Rodgers is a good QB he just needs to show it and he will when he is ready.

Uhm.....Isn't that wishful thinking? If Rodgers was not ready then why did we cast our lot with him instead of Favre? I really don't like that kind of thinking. He has shown in the first two games if he gets the protection he needs, that he can play the position. This last weeks L was not on him, it was on the O-Line and play calling.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it when anyone criticizes Favre or say they are comfortable with Rodgers now starting they are automatically labeled a 'hater'? No QB is perfect, they all have flaws. But if anyone points out some of Brett's shortcomings (being indecisive about retiring or not coming thru in big games later in his career) we get blasted! :( I'm a big Favre fan and I fear for his health in NJ, but just because I don't have a problem with the Packers going in another direction with Rodgers doesn't mean I now hate Brett. This is crazy talk. :p

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point about wishful thinking was more from the last line of that quote:

yer Aaron Rodgers is a good QB he just needs to show it and he will when he is ready.

He will when he's ready? I'm inclined to think he is ready right now. That doesn't mean we go undefeated, it doesn't mean he never gets sacked, hit, intercepted or fumbles. That's what I'm saying I happen to like both Rodgers and Favre... for the record.

fromphilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
Funny how non-Packers' fans always told me the same thing about Favre - over-rated. Also funny to point out that Romo is now tied for best road W-L record to start a career with one team. Funny that these "overrated" QBs just keep on winning.

Romo has had a loaded team since his very 1st start. We won't truly know if he can work with less until down the line when he may not have a TO or a Witten on the field together.

Rodgers v. Favre is crazy too b/c Aaron has a lot more talent. We're just better than the Jets. No one - even in NY - disagrees with that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts