Favre turns down packers HOF invite

Reaction score
Brett needs to realize its not all about him. This is about Mile Holmgren. Mike would probably not have his day if it wasn't for Brett. Yes there would be a media circus if Brett showed up but ultimately all the honors for the weekend will go to Mike not Brett.

Brett needs to swallow his pride and take the first step. All will never be forgiven but this kind of stuff doesn't help.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Bottom line. If Brett comes back for it people will bash him for coming back. If he does not come back for it people will bash him for not coming back. No matter what he does, half(?) of you will be ticked at him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line. If Brett comes back for it people will bash him for coming back. If he does not come back for it people will bash him for not coming back. No matter what he does, half(?) of you will be ticked at him.

It's a very thin line he walks to not upset anyone. But yeah for the most part anything he does is going to get criticized.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This would be a big first step in trying to rebuild his bridge with the Packers organization, because when I think Holmegren and career with Green Bay, Favre and White also come to mind. While there may be drama if Favre can keep his mouth shut and if he is going to open his mouth, be careful what he says, it wouldn't be a fiasco.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only there was some way to connect Favre to the events so he could personally congratulate Holmgren during the ceremony. Some two way connection, with cameras, to interact on the spot. Somebody work on a set of servers and wires and instant data exchange to make this happen...

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a perfect world, both Favre and Holmgren would attend, and Mike would be screaming at Favre for his wardrobe, and Brett would start changing into a new outfit every 5 minutes.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Brett Favre was a dead issue... Then it comes to life again... Personally, I WAS a BIG Brett Favre fan but I no longer even think about him.

Does he belong in the Packer hall of fame? YES. While he was a Packer, he was one of the best that ever played the game. There were seasons when he carried the team. Do the passionate Packer fans want to see him in the PHOF? half will probably say NO.

I remeber bitterly the shenanigans that went on during Favre's exit and his tenure with the Vikings... I hated him for that. I also choose to remember his great plays with the Packers.

Favre is a part of Packer history that needs to be embraced as that... "history". I would rather enjoy the QB that we have today. Of course there are no guarantees that Rodgers will finish HIS career here either...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the reports I've read, they contacted Bus Cook and got no reply. Why not just call the Ol' Gunslinger himself? He might be babysitting his sister....

Members online

Latest posts