Favre turns down packers HOF invite

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone in the comments section suggested he didn't want to take away from mikes moment. Maybe...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said earlier today in an ESPN interview that I just made up in my head, this:

It would be an honor and a privilege to be a part of the ceremony - for the people of Greenbay. For me, it would disgust me to go back to that pitiful city. I told those Packer management jerks, that if they wanted me to be a part of the ceremony, they will have to hold it in Minneapolis. They haven't gotten back to me yet, I'm sure there is a lot of logistics they have to do to move the location of the ceremony. Oh, rats. I hope they know I need a private green room as I prep for my entrance. Also, Aaron Rodgers will need to be in Europe or something. That rotten job stealer ruined everything.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone in the comments section suggested he didn't want to take away from mikes moment. Maybe...

I wouldn't doubt it, because you know that, if you hear " favre returning to Green Bay" , then that's all someone is going to talk about and not Mike. I also think that , he knows that the storm that was the ugly divorce, hasn't brewed over yet and he doesn't feel like returning at this time.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this going to end up; " I might come back..no I guess not...well I haven't made up my mind.....maybe...yes...no...."

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the interview that is referenced in the story, Harlan does state that it doesn't look like Favre would come, although to clarify, he says he believes the Hall Of Fame committee just hasn't heard back from Bus Cook.

He also feels that Favre may think he would be facing a partially hostile crowd if he were to come back to Green Bay at this time, but Harlan says that Packer fans are very forgiving, and that he'd actually be met with a warm reception.

He also says in the interview that Favre should now be considered the greatest Packer of all time.

Podcast link can be found here:http://espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=73

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It seems to me Harlan was tooting his own horn a little. Saying what Wolf and Thompson has done is equal to what Lombardi did is a real stretch in my opinion.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He will be boo'd no matter when he does come back. So come back now, get it over with and maybe wont be such an issue when they retire his #

But if he did come back, he would take away from Holmgren..

Did Brett come back for Winters???

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be boo'd no matter when he does come back. So come back now, get it over with and maybe wont be such an issue when they retire his #

Maybe the impersonator can sub in for him.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

"

Brett Favre attended the Packer Hall of Fame banquet for the induction of Frank Winters into the Packer Hall of Fame in 2008. Source- Green Bay Press-Gazette July 4, 2012.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a lot of Packer fans say he will come back one day and have his number retired and all will be forgotten.

Personally, I know his number will be retired one day, and fans will clap, but the majority of Packer fans just will never think of him the way they once did.

He will certainly be a Packer legend...but he has destroyed his legacy in Green Bay. If he retired in 08 he was a god in Green Bay.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know a lot of Packer fans say he will come back one day and have his number retired and all will be forgotten.

Personally, I know his number will be retired one day, and fans will clap, but the majority of Packer fans just will never think of him the way they once did.

He will certainly be a Packer legend...but he has destroyed his legacy in Green Bay. If he retired in 08 he was a god in Green Bay.

Completely agree.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett honestly is trying not to take away from Mike's moment
Could be. Who knows. That guy doesn't know how to clearly and articulately state what he means ever anyway.
He has his own language.....
But he does like seeing his name on the tickers still. He loves being in the news.... isn't that silly after all these years?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be. Who knows. That guy doesn't know how to clearly and articulately state what he means ever anyway.
He has his own language.....
But he does like seeing his name on the tickers still. He loves being in the news.... isn't that silly after all these years?

I dont know about that..I just have a feeling he want this to be about Mike

Members online

Latest posts