Favre trying to pull even more strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre.... A MODEL CITIZEN? Are you joking? He was an pill popping alcoholic. If that's a model citizen, I'd like your definition of what one isn't.

I worked in the media and heard enough about the ways of this guy to know what a fraud he is. Do you have any clue how this guy treated women? Do you?

This guy is just like the spoiled brat who thinks he can do anything he wants because his rich daddy will bail him out.

You can sit and type for the rest of your life and I'll never be swayed a bit. True character is taking your status and understanding you're no better than anyone else. Did Jerry Rice use his status to get fat in the off-season? No. He worked harder than any other WR and his play late into his career proved that. Favre's doesn't.

Intelligent debate? Are you kidding me? Honestly? You think you're presenting an intelligent argument? I guess you are if you see things in the vain that money, power, status etc = the ability to do whatever you feel like. That is sick. Really sick. I see this world far differently than you and act accordingly in my daily life. I've rejected the old enticements of society many times because I felt it wasn't right while watching many others take advantage of the things I had more of a right to than they ever would. My personal belief system would never allow me to be like Brett Favre.

Wake up Favre fans. Wake up.
I am a PACKER fan. In your case, I'm just wondering how you managed to root for the team (the 4th quarter comebacks, the 30 TD games, the battling through injuries) when you've clearly and (may I add clearly NON-OBJECTIVELY) hated the QB. How long have you hated Favre? Hasn't that made it tough to be a Packer fan.

Alcoholic and had an addiction to pain-killers. Yup. Ever done anything wrong in your life, Oannes? Aren't we supposed to look positively upon someone who had troubles and has since overcome them? What kind of warped, Puritanical ******** DO you believe in? That he's irredeemable because he did some bad things 10 years ago?

And once again you're absolutely MISSING THE POINT on the entitlement issue. You have not ONCE argued the merits of whether Favre has the right to feel entitled. You just smear this vitriolic ******** accross his name and throw in your likely erroneous qualified statements about what a creep he is outside of sports.

Ask yourself this:

1.) Does Favre have a right to be upset? If yes, does he have a right to display that displeasure? If yes, do you think he could have handled it better? I'll even agree "yup" on that one; but once again, we can't really take this thing over the edge until someone other than FOXSports confirms the demanding trade issue (this is the part of "intelligent debate" that you're missing. You have to respond to things like "the report is heretofore only substantiated by ONE organization [and at that, it's FOX freakin' News... 'Fair and Balanced']).

2.) What is Favre doing that is SOOOO absolutely horrible right now? If the rumor is correct, it's demanding a trade. Let's wait and see if there's any truth there. For the time being, however, we KNOW that he said (on the record) that he's upset they didn't land Moss. While I believe he certainly feels a sense of entitlement, please let me know how his words (you know, once again, the thing we're ACTUALLY sure of being true to this point) is using his position to manipulate or change things around him. YOU CAN'T KEEP RAMBLING ON UNTIL YOU CONNEC THE DOTS.

For someone with a name like Oannes, I'd expect a little more wisdom to be imparted to us lucky readers of your posts.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Favre turn his back on his BEST friend Mark Chmura? You want proof? Okay. Right. I have the names of some women you could call? Jeesh.

You don't think Favre was a womanizer? Wow. That is all I can say. Wow.

How many years did it take before he married the mother of his child? A man of morals would've married her before conception. An honest man would've married her after he found out his girl was pregnant. Not Brett Favre. He had to have his fun being Brett Favre first. Take football out of this and look at his actions as simply a MAN. Not good. Poor and low class actually.

Just tell me why Favre ended his friendship with Chmura and why Chewy can't stand him anymore. Figure that one out. I think you don't need to use too much logic, minus facts I can't provide, to get to the bottom of it.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Favre turn his back on his BEST friend Mark Chmura? You want proof? Okay. Right. I have the names of some women you could call? Jeesh.

You don't think Favre was a womanizer? Wow. That is all I can say. Wow.

How many years did it take before he married the mother of his child? A man of morals would've married her before conception. An honest man would've married her after he found out his girl was pregnant. Not Brett Favre. He had to have his fun being Brett Favre first. Take football out of this and look at his actions as simply a MAN. Not good. Poor and low class actually.

Just tell me why Favre ended his friendship with Chmura and why Chewy can't stand him anymore. Figure that one out. I think you don't need to use too much logic, minus facts I can't provide, to get to the bottom of it.
Yeah, Favre's a womanizer. Afterall, he did get in a hot-tub with an underrage girl. Wait... what was Chmura. :eek:fftopic:

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...EVAD... Yes...Favre has earned the highest of statuses. So? A person of high character doesn't use it to get out of preparing for his job. I said I'm glad he's angry. I think it's great. What in my opinion are you having trouble with? I'm puritanical? Nobody is perfect. I understand that. Thanks.
I'm glad he overcame his troubles.

I think leaders should be held to a high standard... all people should. Favre has fallen well short of what I would expect of the leader of a football team. Well short.

You have me all wrong. I started getting on his case when he started his little pity party about retirement over 4 years ago. I would never even comment on some of his foibles if others hadn't made him out to be the "perfect" that he isn't.

I was a tremendous Favre fan back in the day. He did embody the things I admired. When he stopped doing so, I stopped being his fan. I used my mind and objectively assessed him. It seems you think what a guy does on a football field excuses a lot of wrong off of one. That mentality disappoints me. Greatly.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...EVAD... Yes...Favre has earned the highest of statuses. So? A person of high character doesn't use it to get out of preparing for his job. I said I'm glad he's angry. I think it's great. What in my opinion are you having trouble with? I'm puritanical? Nobody is perfect. I understand that. Thanks.
I'm glad he overcame his troubles.

I think leaders should be held to a high standard... all people should. Favre has fallen well short of what I would expect of the leader of a football team. Well short.

You have me all wrong. I started getting on his case when he started his little pity party about retirement over 4 years ago. I would never even comment on some of his foibles if others hadn't made him out to be the "perfect" that he isn't.

I was a tremendous Favre fan back in the day. He did embody the things I admired. When he stopped doing so, I stopped being his fan. I used my mind and objectively assessed him. It seems you think what a guy does on a football field excuses a lot of wrong off of one. That mentality disappoints me. Greatly.
I take into account more than just Favre's football credentials. Apparently his work in the community means nothing to you, though.

That mentality disappoints me. Greatly.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think what disapoints you is that no one here is just willingly to blindly believe everything you say or don't say about the man. You dislike what he did in the media today as do I. I understand how you feel, but you seem scattered. Type out what the man has done that has led you to hate him and we'll talk about it. After reading your posts I get the fact you feel he is garbage, but still to a degree don't completely understand why as of yet. Btw, if you can't list things that you can prove to be fact then I suggest you don't do so because as you made the reference to a court of law I doubt any court would hear you say "believe me I'm right!!" and then just take your word for it. Remember this IS the internet.

Joebediah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
That being said I am very disapointed in Brett right now. I understand the need to vent, but do it behind closed doors to TT and MM themselves.

Thats what im saying.

Go to MM and TT and Harlan and Jones offices and tear them a new one if that is how he feels.

I'd hate to be favre's teammate right now, especially on the offensive side of the ball. "Hey Greg, did you hear Brett was pissed we didn't get moss and asked to be traded?" "Yeah, Donald, that's some crazy stuff."

Nice.

(yes, i just put words in greg jennings and donald drivers mouth, but if thats what ur gonna focus on, then you just missed the point)

Honest question. Do you think that since the Packers are publicly owned, Brett feels that the shareholders/fans are allowed to take part in the "meeting" as well? And thereby using the media to convey this message?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off Oannes, I am again having trouble following you.

You said you used to like Brett Favre "back in the day" and then said you know longer like him because he was a womanizer, pill-popper, etc.
Was he not all these things "Back in the day". I thought you liked him then?

Furthermore, I don't give your "i used to work for the media" statements much merit. If Favre was so damn bad any "MEDIA" person would have been on that like flies on ****. Is there a reason all these stories never came out?

You clearly have a hatred for Favre but don't smear his name. It's like me saying "I heard Oannes molests children". You don't know Brett, Deanna, Brittany, Mark Chmura or anyone. They know, you do not so.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what are the shareholders gonna do now? make TT bring in moss? made TT trade brett? make TT cut favre? nothing.... the situation went down horribly. and no matter if its randys fault or TTs fault that it didnt go through... . nothing is gonna make the situation immediately better.

now all the packers can do is go out there line up with who they got and play with favres statement hovering over there head all year. regardless on wether or not Favre is upset, nothing can be done now... and it should have been handled better. and really... if favre is this upset over not getting one player, he should not have come back to green bay in the first place. he should have retired, if he felt that the packers couldnt win with the team in place..bottom line.

now he not only threw TT under the bus, he threw the team under the bus.... its just bad news all around.

Reaction score
I think I have the solution here.

Oannes, either provide proof that what you say of Favre is true, or apologize to the other members here for talking about rumours you can't back up.

Do one or the other. If you can't do either, then you shouldn't be posting on this site.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Oannes, either provide proof that what you say of Favre is true, or apologize to the other members here for talking about rumours you can't back up.

Do one or the other. If you can't do either, then you shouldn't be posting on this site.
:rotflmao:

This is classic. "Apologize or leave"

reminds me of when i was 12 at my friends house and called his sister a **** in front of their mom.

who knew?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:rotflmao:

reminds me of when i was 12 at my friends house and called his sister a **** in front of their mom.

who knew?

Get this garbage off of here

Reaction score

who knew?

I could have gone with the "Oannes will be BANNED!" route, but that didn't work out so well last time... :wink:

Seriously though, that's some pretty serious stuff he's implicating Favre of doing. Back it up, or say you were wrong in saying the things in the first place because you can't back them up.

IF you can't do either, well I'm been anchoring for going on a power trip lately. :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

who knew?

I could have gone with the "Oannes will be BANNED!" route, but that didn't work out so well last time... :wink:

Seriously though, that's some pretty serious stuff he's implicating Favre of doing. Back it up, or say you were wrong in saying the things in the first place because you can't back them up.

IF you can't do either, well I'm been anchoring for going on a power trip lately. :p

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

just kidding. dont ban anyone. peoples emotions are all out of whack today. everyone gets a mulligan today.

Reaction score
Seriously though, is anyone surprised about the comments?

Brett has been a terrible press guy, he'll say anything that pops into his mind. It's refreshing at times, but at other times (like this) you have to scratch your head at 'what were you thinking Brett'.

It's all part of his character, just the way Brett is (and why we love him so much). I'm guessing we won't be hearing a peep from him in front of the media until Training-camp now (at the earliest).

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he didn't know this would create a mayhem of mess he's not very smart.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad someone said it, somebody sure needed to.

Tell me, do you think Ted has done everything he can to win now?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Seriously though, is anyone surprised about the comments?

Brett has been a terrible press guy, he'll say anything that pops into his mind. It's refreshing at times, but at other times (like this) you have to scratch your head at 'what were you thinking Brett'.

It's all part of his character, just the way Brett is (and why we love him so much). I'm guessing we won't be hearing a peep from him in front of the media until Training-camp now (at the earliest).

That's how the whole retirement saga started. It wasn't Brett holding a press conf saying 'oh shucks ppl i think i might ponder retirement, thats all'. Someone in an interview questioned him about it and he answered. It went off from there.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What proof do I have? What proof does ANYONE here have about anything they post?

I assure you I will never make up anything whether it hurts my opinion or helps it.

Pyle... You brought up an incredibly salient point. Why did I like Favre back in the day when he was popping pills and getting ripped out of his gourd out on the town? As I said before, I once was a fan who didn't really use my own head very much. I got into media at the time we won our first SuperBowl. As I learned to be objective, I came to realize that Favre was a very flawed human being. I still loved him for what he could do on a football field though.

Now, my thoughts on him are a 180 of what they were when I had no objectivity training. Anyone who cares/loves/likes anything when pressed to be totally honest is going to see that object a little differently than they did before they really had to contemplate it. That is where I'm at.

I've heard enough stories about Favre and the things he used to be. I'm thankful he's matured into a man off the field. He's married and quit drinking and got over his addiction to pain killers. I'm more proud of him for that than anything he ever did on a football field.

As to the person who asked about what he does in the community. How many athletes do things in their respective communities? Do you know the NUMBER 1 reason an athlete sets up a charity? TAX WRITEOFFS. That is a FACT. I know this because I know a guy who was once involved with athlete charity work. He said all these guys do them and they all want them to be able to write things off. Pretty sad. The perception is that these guys are so great and giving. Ultimately, it serves THEM in a financial way. Don't believe that? Fine. I don't care. I know and lived a life far different than many of you.

Pyle, you asked another great question, or was it someone else? It was the one about why didn't the media report these things? That's like asking the NFL why certain star players who did some illegal things with substances like a Brett Favre never got suspended and nothing was ever heard about it. Stars get special treatment. You don't think some media member didn't know about Vick and his dog fighting enterprise years ago? Nobody wants to lose access. You have no clue how wimpy the media is. One of the radio stations I used to work for had a rule that you couldn't be negative about the team. If you did say anything they didn't like you wouldn't get a team related guest for a period of time. I'll tell you another story. I once had Ricky Watters on the phone. The PR guy told me nothing negative could be asked of Ricky. The interview went off and Ricky took offense to one of the questions. I got reamed for it and no Seattle Seahawk ever came on that network again. It is extremely risky to report anything negative about big stars. There are obvious legal implications. As was asked of me, where's your proof? You know how hard it is for anyone to prove anything? That is why these things are left alone. I promise you that Brett Favre isn't like the man he's been fed to all of you. I worked in a field where people do have access to the real deal. It was hard hearing some of the things I heard.

One final note. I read with my own eyes an email that was sent to a well known Associated Press reporter. The AP guy knew what a Favre fan I was and he thought I might learn something by reading it. I looked at his laptop and the email was from a former Packers offensive player. This email was explicit about the things Chmura and Favre used to do with their "free time". This guy went on to talk of what Brett was like as a guy amongst his teammates. It was a real eye opener. I didn't want to believe it. I asked why this email was sent to him and he told me he'd just written a very flattering article about Brett Favre. This former Packer wanted to tell this guy what the real story was. He closed out the email by saying he'd deny to his grave that he ever sent the email and that he didn't have permission to use any parts of it in a public forum. I was amazed by this. Totally.

I don't care if you believe what I shared with you. I read the email with my own eyes. It was sent to someone I used to work with and I deeply respect. The player in question name might ring a bell to an avid Packer fan. He was a decent player back in the Holmgren days. You add what I saw in that email and mesh it with the stories I've heard and then throw in the stuff he's pulled the last few years and I see a totally different Brett Favre than many of you. This is how I honestly feel.

If you want to ban me just give me the dignity of letting everyone know you banned me. I certainly won't post here if information about your hero offends you. As I said, NOTHING I ever say will be made up. I promise you that.

And... I will NOT apologize for what I've written about Brett Favre. Search your own heart. If I'd have written this about Ahmad Carroll a year ago, you'd have no problem with it. You ONLY have a problem with it because it's in reference to someone you give reverence to. I think you should apologize to me quite frankly. If you truly want a forum where people can express opinions and share things then you shouldn't have come down on me. If you want a forum where certain people are off limits then I'll leave without you ever having to ban me. This is why I HATE PackerChatters. Those idiots over there are so worried about their little enterprise and page hits that you can't say A THING that messes with anything that Patty or Arrigo say. The same type of thing seems to be happening here with Favre. And you really need to ask why things aren't reported about THE MOST POWERFUL MAN WISCONSIN HAS EVER SEEN? Please.

Your call.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#4Cheezechick said:
How can you hate on a Packer legend and call yourself a Packer fan?

Favre is a human being, like you and me, although some would disagree.

I love his strengths, hate his weaknesses.

I hate them even more because I hold him to such a high level like most Packers fans. I expect better from the grizzled veteran.

I expect him to be a man and not a crybaby.

I expect him to be a professional and tell off TT\MM\whoever in private.

I expect him to be a leader and not request trades.

I expect him to be there for the young players and not give the impression he thinks they stink(but im sure he requested a trade because he was so confident in their abilities. right.)

I expect him to be loyal to the organization(who stuck with him and were there for him during his addictions)

ApparentlyI expected too much.

By the way what do you expect from your beloved Teddy???

I expect him to be a leader, he hasnt been one.

I expect him to be honest, he hasnt been.

I expect him to fullfill his word, he hasnt.

I expect him to get the Packers to win games now and in the future, he hasnt.

I expect him to take risks, as a GM, that will lead us to win more games, he hasnt.

I expect him not be so damn cheap, he hasnt...

Well,only really as of today I expect him to leave GB ASAP.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way what do you expect from your beloved Teddy???

I expected him to fix our cap. He is.

I expected him to drop talentless bums. He has(bye A.C.)

I expected him to get rid of Sherman. He did. (you know, sherman, the guy who REALLY wasted Bretts last GOOD years.)

I expected him to replace the bums he got rid of with talented young players. He did. (hi Greg,Ryan,Nick, and AJ!)

I expected him to improve the 2005 team that went 4-12. He did. we went 8-8(and pyle will tell you thats not the superbowl, cuz hes so very bright).

Oh, im sorry, did I ruin your clever post about my 'beloved' teddy(honestly, grow up)? My apologies. :noflame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts