Favre trying to pull even more strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10596

--- Quote, I'm not trying to start anything... (Brett Favre on Moss)

Amazing. BRETT HIMSELF starts all this and then has the gall to tell his lap dog to post something like that. The same lap dog who posted the rumor on his forum that PROVED to be true by the way.

Amazing. Amazing.

How can anyone respect this guy for who he is RIGHT NOW? I'm not talking about the guy who was lighting it up in the mid 90's. We all respect that guy. Let's just be honest and assess him for who he is TODAY.

It looks like TT and the weak leadership are going to try and make a situation that isn't working work anyway. Ugh. You heard it here first.... He'll throw OVER 30 picks next season, if he plays all 16 games. Mark it down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the one guys response:

" Whatever Brett wants , Brett gets from me and all fans. "

--------------------

****in Green Bay Favres

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The positive when Brett is gone is that we get rid of all these Favre fans.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10596

--- Quote, I'm not trying to start anything... (Brett Favre on Moss)

Amazing. BRETT HIMSELF starts all this and then has the gall to tell his lap dog to post something like that. The same lap dog who posted the rumor on his forum that PROVED to be true by the way.

Amazing. Amazing.

How can anyone respect this guy for who he is RIGHT NOW? I'm not talking about the guy who was lighting it up in the mid 90's. We all respect that guy. Let's just be honest and assess him for who he is TODAY.

It looks like TT and the weak leadership are going to try and make a situation that isn't working work anyway. Ugh. You heard it here first.... He'll throw OVER 30 picks next season, if he plays all 16 games. Mark it down.
Chill out, dude.

Let's look at the situation for what it is. Favre feels a sense of entitlement, having never missed a game for this franchise. You could make an argument for him having that right. If you want to discuss that, then let's go ahead. In any case, that seems to be what's happening here. He knows he isn't going to be around much longer.

I know it seems as though Favre is trying to be bigger than the franchise. Some people would argue (not myself included) that he IS bigger than the franchise... or at least that he IS the franchise.

Who's bigger than Brett Favre with regards to Wisconsin?

Lombardi is the only one I can think of. Robin Yount?

He's a big market player within a small market town/team.
When you mention the Packers the 1st person you think about is either
a) Lombardi
b) Favre

He couldn't get away with this is NY because its NY, there are tons of championships within the city, and numerous Hall of Famers within each decade and sport.

All that said, I'm not outright defending him. I think he should learn to say "no comment". But what is he really guilty of? Didn't Tom Brady admit displeasure about the Patriots not re-signing Deion Branch? So what exactly makes up this seemingly enormous list of Favre-wrongs?

From a certain standpoint, you have a player who has always been a standup guy, given 110% effort, been with the same team since he's been starting QB, and has largely been a model citizen. Everyone loves him and is basically the "Golden Boy" of the league.He's the biggest player in the State and one of the biggest all of sports history. So when he finally opens his mouth about something he doesn't like, it raises eyebrows about "what's really goin on?"

I wanna see TT do his thing. I'm not sure if TT dropped the ball on this one. If Moss was indeed willing to restructure his contract, then TT DID drop the ball. If the initial reports were correct, however, then I'm fine with it (and Favre should be fine). But let's not blow this thing out of proportion. You seem to have an unfortunate penchant for mellodrama.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love em'. I love Brett and what he has done for the Packers. I don't even blame him for being angry about it. He has his right and has wanted to play with Moss for a long time. The Packers have failed to build some weapons around him since the 90's that is for certain. Other than Green that is...They decided to rebuild a recieving corps and Oline while he was in his 30's.

That being said I am very disapointed in Brett right now. I understand the need to vent, but do it behind closed doors to TT and MM themselves.

Btw, Oannes, just because he's fustrated with the Packers doesn't mean he's not a "respectable" guy. He's done alot of good for alot of people off the field.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That being said I am very disapointed in Brett right now. I understand the need to vent, but do it behind closed doors to TT and MM themselves.

Thats what im saying.

Go to MM and TT and Harlan and Jones offices and tear them a new one if that is how he feels.

I'd hate to be favre's teammate right now, especially on the offensive side of the ball. "Hey Greg, did you hear Brett was pissed we didn't get moss and asked to be traded?" "Yeah, Donald, that's some crazy stuff."

Nice.

(yes, i just put words in greg jennings and donald drivers mouth, but if thats what ur gonna focus on, then you just missed the point)

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for your post, Cory. It was good to see one of his hardcore fans admit he feels a sense of "entitlement". He just didn't all of a sudden feel this sense. He's felt it for quite some time.

Brett Favre is no different than the dirty politicians in Washington who get away with what they get away with because of who they are. Same exact type of situation...using status for personal gain. Favre's gain is he gets to do whatever he wants. It's like how the Falcons treat Vick...with BLINDERS.

I won't chill out... I'm as fired up as I have been in a LONG time. You could never believe how excited I am. I'm just fearing the worst and TT will cave to this guy and we'll see 30 picks and 4-12 again.

Please, don't back down now Brett. You've made a bed...lie in it. Don't backpedal now because you're taking a bath in public perception. Be that stand up guy your fans think you are.

I,too, agree with that HYSTERICAL post one of his cult members put on there that was referenced in this thread. That poster would do anything Brett said. Sad. Where is your OWN mind in all of this? Use it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what im saying.

Go to MM and TT and Harlan and Jones offices and tear them a new one if that is how he feels.

I'd hate to be favre's teammate right now, especially on the offensive side of the ball. "Hey Greg, did you hear Brett was pissed we didn't get moss and asked to be traded?" "Yeah, Donald, that's some crazy stuff."

Nice.

That's total speculation and you're putting words in Donald Driver and Greg Jennings mouths...

(yes, i just put words in greg jennings and donald drivers mouth, but if thats what ur gonna focus on, then you just missed the point)

Oh....sorry

G

What is wrong with you fans? Some of you are acting like Brett is garbage and should be thrown out to the curb with the rest of yesterday's trash along with any PACKER fan who supports him.... or god forbid.. respects him.

I can't believe how many Packer fans Im seeing around the boards trashing him. How can anyone NOT respect Favre TODAY because of what he did for the Packers the last 16 years!?!

How can you hate on a Packer legend and call yourself a Packer fan?

I.don't.get.it.

FAVRE'S LEGACY IS PACKER LEGACY. And thanks to TT, it's it's getting damaged. You Packer fans hating on Brett now is proof of that.

Wow. What a sad day to be a Packers fan.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory... Here's an honest question.

Are you more of a Favre fan or Green Bay Packers fan? You seem to have no problem finding fault with the organization, but do have trouble finding it within Brett Favre.

I do think IF, and that's a big IF, Favre isn't the QB this season, A TON of "supposed" Packer fans will disappear.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is no different than the dirty politicians in Washington who get away with what they get away with because of who they are. Same exact type of situation...using status for personal gain. Favre's gain is he gets to do whatever he wants. It's like how the Falcons treat Vick...with BLINDERS.

Judging by the comparison of Favre to a dirty politician in Washington makes me fear that you might be the opposite extreme of one of his cult followers. While they are blinded by the love they have for him it seems to me you may be blinded by the hate you have for the man. If you come back and say that you don't hate the man(which is fine I don't really care) then tell me how you could justify comparing him to a politician in washingon? How often is it that Brett complains publicly?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you more of a Favre fan or Green Bay Packers fan? You seem to have no problem finding fault with the organization, but do have trouble finding it within Brett Favre.

I do think IF, and that's a big IF, Favre isn't the QB this season, A TON of "supposed" Packer fans will disappear.

I can't in good conscience make a comparison between an organization and a single person. I'm more a Packers fan, btw. I agree with TT's way of building even though it doesn't necessarily benefit Favre in getting a SB now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#4Cheezechick said:

Favre is a human being, like you and me, although some would disagree.

I love his strengths, hate his weaknesses.

I hate them even more because I hold him to such a high level like most Packers fans. I expect better from the grizzled veteran.

I expect him to be a man and not a crybaby.

I expect him to be a professional and tell off TT\MM\whoever in private.

I expect him to be a leader and not request trades.

I expect him to be there for the young players and not give the impression he thinks they stink(but im sure he requested a trade because he was so confident in their abilities. right.)

I expect him to be loyal to the organization(who stuck with him and were there for him during his addictions)

ApparentlyI expected too much.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just tell me what you think of a person who uses a "sense of entitlement" to get away with things others could not, or would not?

Would that person be ...

A) High character and classy?

or...

B) Low character and classless?

And it is THAT simple. Which is Brett Favre? I think it's B! He has taken advantage of his cult like status to under-prepare and under-perform. A person of HIGH CHARACTER and CLASS would NEVER do that. That is where the dirty politician parallel applies. Those guys are of low character and classless. That's why they beg, cheat borrow and steal. An honest man would never consider doing the things they do.

I do think this Favre debate reveals personal character. It's what you would allow yourself to do. Those who find no fault are the ones who'd do the exact same thing he's doing. The ones who are bashing him are the ones who find that behavior deplorable and would never consider the things he's doing as options.

Cheezchick... What Brett Favre did 10 years ago is NOT relevant to what he's doing today. The way you acted 10 years ago means nothing to how you are today. If you were a great person 10 years ago, it doesn't mean you're one today. It's a daily renewal thing. Favre stopped being what he was many years ago. TODAY...to me...Brett Favre is GARBAGE. The thing with me is that my disdain for him isn't an all of a sudden one. I've felt this way about him for many years. Now, it's just that much more fun for me, because the man himself is PROVING the things I felt about him.

Pull his name out of the debate...and ask yourself if you'd feel differently. I feel like we're all in this big courtroom and we're part of the movie...A TIME TO KILL...The charges are being read... Then when everyone is thinking this guy is guilty as a classless jerk the DA says he's been referring to BRETT FAVRE. That is how you need to look at this...pull your pre-conceived biases out of the way. I promise you if you'd only do that, you'd find my opinion on him understandable.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for your post, Cory. It was good to see one of his hardcore fans admit he feels a sense of "entitlement". He just didn't all of a sudden feel this sense. He's felt it for quite some time.

I won't chill out... I'm as fired up as I have been in a LONG time. You could never believe how excited I am. I'm just fearing the worst and TT will cave to this guy and we'll see 30 picks and 4-12 again.

Please, don't back down now Brett. You've made a bed...lie in it. Don't backpedal now because you're taking a bath in public perception. Be that stand up guy your fans think you are.

I,too, agree with that HYSTERICAL post one of his cult members put on there that was referenced in this thread. That poster would do anything Brett said. Sad. Where is your OWN mind in all of this? Use it.
You're an absolute troll. How about you respond to one of the points I made rather than accuse me of being a hardcore fan of his. Do you even read?

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#4Cheezechick said:

Favre is a human being, like you and me, although some would disagree.

I love his strengths, hate his weaknesses.

I hate them even more because I hold him to such a high level like most Packers fans. I expect better from the grizzled veteran.

I expect him to be a man and not a crybaby.

I expect him to be a professional and tell off TT\MM\whoever in private.

I expect him to be a leader and not request trades.

I expect him to be there for the young players and not give the impression he thinks they stink(but im sure he requested a trade because he was so confident in their abilities. right.)

I expect him to be loyal to the organization(who stuck with him and were there for him during his addictions)

ApparentlyI expected too much.

That is perfect...Exactly how I feel :twocents:

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just tell me what you think of a person who uses a "sense of entitlement" to get away with things others could not, or would not?

Would that person be ...

or...

And it is THAT simple. Which is Brett Favre? I think it's B! He has taken advantage of his cult like status to under-prepare and under-perform. A person of HIGH CHARACTER and CLASS would NEVER do that. That is where the dirty politician parallel applies. Those guys are of low character and classless. That's why they beg, cheat borrow and steal. An honest man would never consider doing the things they do.

I do think this Favre debate reveals personal character. It's what you would allow yourself to do. Those who find no fault are the ones who'd do the exact same thing he's doing. The ones who are bashing him are the ones who find that behavior deplorable and would never consider the things he's doing as options.
Don't run away with this "entitlement" issue. You seem to be disregarding some very important things, like:

- Favre has a right to feel entitled (why don't you argue the merits of this argument? You can't just say it's wrong to be entitled and ask for certain things to happen... which by the way, has NOT happened thus far. FOX is the ONLY site reporting this issue. ESPN and CNN are only reporting that Favre is displeased with not getting Moss). Favre is a 17 year veteran, hasn't missed a game, and has been a model citizen for the team and the community. He can't express his being upset about not landing a player? Tell me, Oannes, why not? This is the crux of the debate, not your infantile and simplistic attempts to simplify the matter down to "entitled blah blah = low character and classless".

-Favre is not begging or demanding anything. He's voicing his opinion, which may or not be merited, but he is NOT demanding ANYTHING. If the trade rumor is actually true (time will tell), I'd be willing to adjust my position accordingly. You, on the other hand, should likewise reserve judgment (as well as your absolutely ridiculous logic about what makes a person of class).

I'll grant you that people who use their position unfairly are skeezy. That said, we should take into account where specific individuals may have some right or legitimate reason to voice their displeasure. I don't see the Favre situation as him making ultimatums or demands; I see it as him being upset they didn't land a player (ala Brady with Deion Branch).

So, again, chill out. Or at the very least, take part in an intelligent debate.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04???? What point were you trying to make? That it's okay to do whatever you want if you have a certain status? Were you happy OJ wasn't convicted? He has status. Are you happy Michael Vick is getting away with the things he's getting away with? He has status so that should make it okay.

What is wrong with society? I get called a troll for calling out a CHUMP who is using his status as a way to NOT do his job and I'm the bad guy.

If I'm a troll you're the definition of an enabler.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04???? What point were you trying to make? That it's okay to do whatever you want if you have a certain status? Were you happy OJ wasn't convicted? He has status. Are you happy Michael Vick is getting away with the things he's getting away with? He has status so that should make it okay.

What is wrong with society? I get called a troll for calling out a CHUMP who is using his status as a way to NOT do his job and I'm the bad guy.

If I'm a troll you're the definition of an enabler.
You've compared Brett Favre to O.J. Simpson and Mike Vick. Are you sure you're prepared to debate things on an even keel? I feel as though I'm wasting my time.

G

or...

And it is THAT simple. Which is Brett Favre? I think it's B!

For 16 years, Brett Favre has been A. And if fans want to believe that today's comments have thrown 16 years of who he is out the window to see him as a classless low-character piece of garbage... well I don't get that.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You keep talking like Ted Thompson is the Packer organization.
You keep bashing Favre in all your blind hatred saying he is throwing the Packer organization under the bus.
I have yet to see by word or action that he is doing any such thing.

OP
OP
O

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre.... A MODEL CITIZEN? Are you joking? He was an pill popping alcoholic. If that's a model citizen, I'd like your definition of what one isn't.

I worked in the media and heard enough about the ways of this guy to know what a fraud he is. Do you have any clue how this guy treated women? Do you?

This guy is just like the spoiled brat who thinks he can do anything he wants because his rich daddy will bail him out.

You can sit and type for the rest of your life and I'll never be swayed a bit. True character is taking your status and understanding you're no better than anyone else. Did Jerry Rice use his status to get fat in the off-season? No. He worked harder than any other WR and his play late into his career proved that. Favre's doesn't.

Intelligent debate? Are you kidding me? Honestly? You think you're presenting an intelligent argument? I guess you are if you see things in the vain that money, power, status etc = the ability to do whatever you feel like. That is sick. Really sick. I see this world far differently than you and act accordingly in my daily life. I've rejected the old enticements of society many times because I felt it wasn't right while watching many others take advantage of the things I had more of a right to than they ever would. My personal belief system would never allow me to be like Brett Favre.

Wake up Favre fans. Wake up.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre.... A MODEL CITIZEN? Are you joking? He was an pill popping alcoholic. If that's a model citizen, I'd like your definition of what one isn't.

I worked in the media and heard enough about the ways of this guy to know what a fraud he is. Do you have any clue how this guy treated women? Do you?

This guy is just like the spoiled brat who thinks he can do anything he wants because his rich daddy will bail him out.

You can sit and type for the rest of your life and I'll never be swayed a bit. True character is taking your status and understanding you're no better than anyone else. Did Jerry Rice use his status to get fat in the off-season? No. He worked harder than any other WR and his play late into his career proved that. Favre's doesn't.

Intelligent debate? Are you kidding me? Honestly? You think you're presenting an intelligent argument? I guess you are if you see things in the vain that money, power, status etc = the ability to do whatever you feel like. That is sick. Really sick. I see this world far differently than you and act accordingly in my daily life. I've rejected the old enticements of society many times because I felt it wasn't right while watching many others take advantage of the things I had more of a right to than they ever would. My personal belief system would never allow me to be like Brett Favre.

Wake up Favre fans. Wake up.

Ther is no intelligent debate with you.
You are so blinded by your hatred for Brett Favre that you talk about nothing else.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can provide some proof of this, I think we'll all gladly shut the **** up. Calling Brett Favre a womanizer is a pretty nasty accusation that most of us have never heard before. For now, it sounds like you're just running your mouth and being a ****.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Would that person be ...

or...

How is he using a "sense of entitlment" to "get away" with anything?

I guess it means nothing that MM and his teammates said he practiced and prepared this year to a very high level. It won't mean anything to you because it doesn't fit your view of him. I'm sorry, but I've read the list of soooo many things he's done off the field that are good for other people. I don't find him as deplorable as a politician because he vented to the media. I find it disapointing and I disagree with what he did, but he made a mistake.

So if a person doesn't agree with you on this that makes them somehow in your mind a bad person? That's a pretty judgmental call.

Pull his name out of the debate...and ask yourself if you'd feel differently. I feel like we're all in this big courtroom and we're part of the movie...A TIME TO KILL...The charges are being read... Then when everyone is thinking this guy is guilty as a classless jerk the DA says he's been referring to BRETT FAVRE. That is how you need to look at this...pull your pre-conceived biases out of the way. I promise you if you'd only do that, you'd find my opinion on him understandable.

Frankly, I couldn't care less how ya feel about him. Just don't even attempt to tell me what you feel is the "proper" way to feel about Brett. It's pretty understandable how you view Brett. That's your own notion of the man and you have ever right to it just as everyone else does. Like I said I think you are the opposite extreme of the cult followers. That's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts