Favre to return as Bergstrom pitchman

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

NEENAH — Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is coming back — at least as pitchman for Bergstrom Automotive.

John Bergstrom, chairman and chief executive officer of Bergstrom Corp., said today that Favre, a three-time NFL most valuable player, agreed on Friday to serve as “our spokesperson for another year.”

“We just renewed our contract,” Bergstrom said. “I was a little hesitant wondering what he would say and he said, ‘I’m in there. I’ll be there.’”

Asked if the agreement meant Favre, who is contemplating retirement, might return to the playing field, Bergstrom chuckled and said, “I’m not saying that.”

The largest automotive dealer in Wisconsin has benefited from its relationship with the quarterback who owns several NFL all-time passing records and is closing in on a few others.

“We started this since Brett came to town,” said Bergstrom. “He’s been our spokesman since he signed with the Packers. We got lucky. We didn’t know who he was or what we were going to have and he’s stayed loyal to us all through this thing.

“He just does a great job. He’s been incredibly loyal to us and our people love him,” Bergstrom said. “He’s a real guy, drives a pickup truck.”

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If hes coming back as a pitchman, hell be back as a player?

I also see that Steve Young is pitching Prilosec, I wonder if that means anything. Brett pitches that too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
just as brett cancelling his golf membership this probably doesnt mean anything either way.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
just as brett cancelling his golf membership this probably doesnt mean anything either way.

I'm not sure on that. If the Packers represent Bergstrom and not the golf membership, there's a difference.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I'm not sure on that. If the Packers represent Bergstrom and not the golf membership, there's a difference.

you do have a point, but I dont think the ties the Pack have to them mean that Brett HAS to be a spokesman.

Say if the Pack dropped them, or Bergstrom dropped the Pack, Brett could still be a spokesman for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts