1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre to retire

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Mar 4, 2008.

1. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was close. If I had found out sooner, I would have worn my jersey to work.

Reading all the articles about Favre's retirement and Rodgers taking over got me choked up :cry:

2. amax41

amax41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is not a happy day at all - I am thrilled that I have been able to watch one of the greatest play the game. Now my season tickets are a bit devalued. Anyway-

After listening to the voicemail left for Mattheson, I hear this -

Brett can play
    Brett is stressed - he carried the team -

WHY? Why is it that McCarthy gets an extension? Holmgren had that team practicing outside for a cold game not frozen footballs... McCarthy has been seen on the sidelines being bitched at from Brett. The list goes on...

I blame this on the organization not Brett.

3. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't I sprained my wrist :D

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Dang dude.. should have had the weekend travel partner help that along a little.. retire Steve and Frank.

5. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    This was my first comment today seconds after the news was posted. Shortly after I had to leave for work. All I could do was watch ESPN muted and catch some of the Favre coverage until I got back home. Now, I'm devastated and crying like a baby. As you get older you look for consistency in life and things you can count on. Brett Favre gave me all of that. I can't even equate the number of memories and moments I have shared with my friends and family because of Brett and the Packers. I'm completely crushed. I wish Brett the best.

6. mateus

mateus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont want to offend or belittle you in any way mate. its tough for a lot of us but were all going to get over it sooner than later.
    imagine the future cheseheads who will only be able to talk of favre as a thing of legend. we got to live history with brett!

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It's tough when you were born and raised in Wisconsin. You come out of the womb wearing a Packer jersey. New borns get Packer booties more than they get diapers. You live and die by Packer Sunday. I am happy I got to be a part of this chapter.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah.......but chances are we will never see him again. I doubt much that he will leave his home to visit Wisconsin anymore.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ditto Packone......ditto. :(

10. MplsPacker

MplsPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think people who are saying that Brett Favre fans aren't Packer fans are ridiculous. Favre represents what's good in the NFL and he's the best chance the Pack have at winning a Super Bowl next season, not A-Rodg. Sorry.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think what was said is that there were ALOT of "bandwagon" jumpers, because Favre was so good.
    Now it will be interesting to see how many of them truely were "Packer" fans, and not just Favre bandwagon jumpers.
    Me, i have been on this bandwagon since 1965. NEVER jumped off, never gave up my seat. I don't intend to start now.
    I loved watching Brett play for us, and am sad he's gone. But I'll still be cheering next season, for MY Packers!!!