Favre to retire

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I cried this morning.

Thanks for the joy, Brett.

I was close. If I had found out sooner, I would have worn my jersey to work.

Reading all the articles about Favre's retirement and Rodgers taking over got me choked up :cry:

amax41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not a happy day at all - I am thrilled that I have been able to watch one of the greatest play the game. Now my season tickets are a bit devalued. Anyway-

After listening to the voicemail left for Mattheson, I hear this -

Brett can play
Brett is stressed - he carried the team -

WHY? Why is it that McCarthy gets an extension? Holmgren had that team practicing outside for a cold game not frozen footballs... McCarthy has been seen on the sidelines being *****ed at from Brett. The list goes on...

I blame this on the organization not Brett.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Fox sports is breaking the news that Favre has called it a career.

Comments?

Oh no.

This was my first comment today seconds after the news was posted. Shortly after I had to leave for work. All I could do was watch ESPN muted and catch some of the Favre coverage until I got back home. Now, I'm devastated and crying like a baby. As you get older you look for consistency in life and things you can count on. Brett Favre gave me all of that. I can't even equate the number of memories and moments I have shared with my friends and family because of Brett and the Packers. I'm completely crushed. I wish Brett the best.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
digsthepack said:

Comments?

Oh no.

This was my first comment today seconds after the news was posted. Shortly after I had to leave for work. All I could do was watch ESPN muted and catch some of the Favre coverage until I got back home. Now, I'm devastated and crying like a baby. As you get older you look for consistency in life and things you can count on. Brett Favre gave me all of that. I can't even equate the number of memories and moments I have shared with my friends and family because of Brett and the Packers. I'm completely crushed. I wish Brett the best.
i dont want to offend or belittle you in any way mate. its tough for a lot of us but were all going to get over it sooner than later.
imagine the future cheseheads who will only be able to talk of favre as a thing of legend. we got to live history with brett!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
PackOne said:
digsthepack said:

Comments?

Oh no.

i dont want to offend or belittle you in any way mate. its tough for a lot of us but were all going to get over it sooner than later.
imagine the future cheseheads who will only be able to talk of favre as a thing of legend. we got to live history with brett!

It's tough when you were born and raised in Wisconsin. You come out of the womb wearing a Packer jersey. New borns get Packer booties more than they get diapers. You live and die by Packer Sunday. I am happy I got to be a part of this chapter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind that Brett hasn't died...he has only retired. All we can do is thank him for every wonderful moment he has given us Packer fans (and hell, the not so wonderful ones too), and give Aaron Rodgers our full support.

Thank you, Brett...it has been a wonderful 17 years. Put'er in the ole VISE!
Yeah.......but chances are we will never see him again. I doubt much that he will leave his home to visit Wisconsin anymore.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:
PackOne said:
PackOne said:
digsthepack said:

Comments?

Oh no.

It's tough when you were born and raised in Wisconsin. You come out of the womb wearing a Packer jersey. New borns get Packer booties more than they get diapers. You live and die by Packer Sunday. I am happy I got to be a part of this chapter.
Ditto Packone......ditto. :(

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people who are saying that Brett Favre fans aren't Packer fans are ridiculous. Favre represents what's good in the NFL and he's the best chance the Pack have at winning a Super Bowl next season, not A-Rodg. Sorry.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people who are saying that Brett Favre fans aren't Packer fans are ridiculous. Favre represents what's good in the NFL and he's the best chance the Pack have at winning a Super Bowl next season, not A-Rodg. Sorry.
I think what was said is that there were ALOT of "bandwagon" jumpers, because Favre was so good.
Now it will be interesting to see how many of them truely were "Packer" fans, and not just Favre bandwagon jumpers.
Me, i have been on this bandwagon since 1965. NEVER jumped off, never gave up my seat. I don't intend to start now.
I loved watching Brett play for us, and am sad he's gone. But I'll still be cheering next season, for MY Packers!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts