Favre to retire

Reaction score
Unreal, I just can't accept it even though it's being reported by everyone.

Even Packers.com has an announcement up, but I just can't come to believe it. It feels as if all this isn't real.

Thanks for the memories Brett. What pleasure you brought millions of people with your football performances on the field....

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I'm in total shock, just complete and utter shock, no words, no feelings, no tears, I just can't believe it nor comprehend it

In past times, since I did grow up with Brett, I wondered how I could even imagine the Pack without him, and now that this is happening, I'm just in complete denial and can't even remember the good times to cry about. Worst of all... last night, my stupid DVR deleted the shut out Minnesota game to make room for other crap I didn't ask to be recorded! Also, it's my Dad's birthday, I haven't even called him, i don't even know what to say... Happy Birthday, ****, Brett retired? This is just a depressing day

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... now I have 3 more useless jerseys!!!

a favre home, away and the gold jersey.... USELESS!!!! I can add them to the Green#30, Franks#88 and Sharper#42 jerseys at the back of my closet....

...sniff...

I wouldn't call them useless, not by a long shot. Favre retired a Packer, he didn't leave or get released like those other folks. You wear that jersey forever with pride.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man it just kind of hit me. I'm watching NFL Network and they had In their Words on and Favre 4 Ever on and this really sucks. I'm happy he went out on his own terms but a little sad that I won't get anymore new memories.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
All good things must come to an end!

At least he didn't go out on a stretcher like some horrible people wanted to see.

He left standing and is the true IRON MAN of football.

Now, I want to see Favre doing commentary for games.

P.S. I think this hurts worse than losing the Championship GAme.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if you are a Viking, Bear, Lion, Packer fan, or a fan of any NFL team. Bret Favre was one of the greats, and he will be missed by all fans.
Another era has passed.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I don't care if you are a Viking, Bear, Lion, Packer fan, or a fan of any NFL team. Bret Favre was one of the greats, and he will be missed by all fans.
Another era has passed.

Classy post there V4L.. tip of the ole hat!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even though we all knew it had to come to an end, i STILL can't believe it's over. extremely sad day for us but i'm truly happy for him & his family. he was a class act all the way through, tough as nails, a scrapper, & just a great human being. i'm proud to say i communicated with him a few times during my dad's death & that he was extremely kind to me.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even though we all knew it had to come to an end, i STILL can't believe it's over. extremely sad day for us but i'm truly happy for him & his family. he was a class act all the way through, tough as nails, a scrapper, & just a great human being. i'm proud to say i communicated with him a few times during my dad's death & that he was extremely kind to me.
Hi Illy.....yup, it's a sad day for us Packer fans. But who knows, maybe we will still be good with the talent we have on the team!
I was shocked and saddened to hear it, but i knew the day would come. I was just hoping it wasn't till next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
Another era has passed.

Classy post there V4L.. tip of the ole hat!
ME TOO!
CLASSY Vike4!

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a good news at all. It is a shocking news. He really should've played another season. Trying to get Randy Moss and the reluctance of Packers to side with him maybe the one reason that triggered this. I hope Favre will change his mind in the coming days and play at least another season. There is at least 2 more of years of legendary football remaining in him. Hope someone will convince him that personal choice should not matter at this point of time and what matters is the need of Brett Favre to lead Greenbay Packers in the coming year. There is no replacement for this legend and him leaving will leave a vacuum that cannot be filled.

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may not have been a packer fan for as long as people on here, but I call myself a die hard fan none the less. As far back as I can remember, it was #4 behind center. It will be weird to see someone else taking snaps, and not hearing about Favre's remarkable consecutive streak before every game. I wish Brett the best of luck, and hope that he will stay close to the organization.

Packers = Super Bowl XLIII Champions

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never bought a Favre jersey. i have a couple packers jerseys, but no Favre.

Today i bought 2 "Throwback" Favre Jerseys.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Would you believe the retirement of Brett Favre was important enough to be in the sports secion of the BBC.co.uk today??? International recognition of the retirement of a great sportsman. I think the last american person mentioned over here like this was one Micheal Jordan! Check it out!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/american_football/7277636.stm

That is a measure of true greatness, to gather that type of respect... thanks for sharing..

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind that Brett hasn't died...he has only retired. All we can do is thank him for every wonderful moment he has given us Packer fans (and hell, the not so wonderful ones too), and give Aaron Rodgers our full support.

Thank you, Brett...it has been a wonderful 17 years. Put'er in the ole VISE!

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never bought a Favre jersey. i have a couple packers jerseys, but no Favre.

Today i bought 2 "Throwback" Favre Jerseys.
wear them with pride mate,
i got my favre t-shirt on, sad day, but glad i got to share that last season with him and you guys.
-Matt

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts