Favre to RETIRE?? RUMOR

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has reportedly told members on the Vikings that he will NOT be returning for another season because his ankle is just not responding like he wants it to.

Take it with a grain of salt...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett done?

Tweets and a report on Star Tribune saying Brett told Viks he is done

but its only Aug 3rd still can have time to change mind...

He did same thing last year

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Report: Favre tells Vikings he's not returning

Many of you scoffed at our report of uneasiness in Mankato regarding the Brett Favre situation.Scoff no more.Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Favre began telling team officials on Monday night that he will not return for another...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Reaction score
Dammit i want him to come back for one more year. I want to show every one that the packers can beat Brett Favre. If he doesn't we will always get that doubt that we could never beat him. Other than that i could care less watching him play. I guess we will take the north with out a fight

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like maybe another lie was told by Brett? He sid he would tell his web site at the same time he told Chilly

Keep in mind his retirement is not official yet

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So unlike Favre to not hold a presser for this. I was expecting a Kurt Schilling type drama with the bloody sock and all.

C

cvg_crazy

Favre retired!

I know we've all heard this before but Brett Favre told the Vikings today that he has decided to retire. this update fresh from espn.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone's scared to come back to Lambeau:viksux:.

Here's the story [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5433551"]Reports: Brett Favre tells Minnesota Vikings he will retire - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5433658@@AMEPARAM@@5433658[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a big nonstory.
If he's in Mississipi after week 6, I'll believe it. Until then, I'm convinced he'll play.

You know why there are those talks, right? That's the only way Favre knows how to get attention during the offseason...

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see him mowing his yard filming a wrangler comercial on an October Sunday afternoon.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Our take: Brett Favre will play

We've seen the reports from Judd Zulgad and Jay Glazer. We have no reason to doubt them.Brett Favre has told the Vikings that he will not play in 2010, citing his lingering ankle problem and other physical wear and tear.That's...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre Retires! NFC North Champs locked up?

I no nothing is given, But I think everyone can agree we are by far the favorite to win the NFC North..Give your thoughts

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping in mind Favre probably had intentions of going to Minnesota before he "retired" the first time, I was going over the list of possible suitors for him if he's doing this just to get on a different team. This is purely hypothetical, I still think the Vikings give him the best chance to win it all, but just in case he's officially lost his mind, here are my top 3 teams that don't wear purple that Favre might want to join.

1. 49ers
2. Dolphins
3. Steelers

(in that order)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you exactly why his re-re-retirement is for real this time. Simple. He doesn't want a loss to Rodgers on his record. We should be hearing about his 1 day contract with the Packers in the next few weeks.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK.. I'm kinda bummed..

If this retirement sticks. Then The Pack won't have another chance to beat #4. That bums me out.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I KNOW! Unlike last year, I really wanted this fool to come back. Don't worry, I think he will. He's only spreading this retirement nonsense because preseason is about to come up and he doesn't want to play in it. I suspect he'll be there in September.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts