Favre to play ball in June...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Teaming up with AP and Whitten eh..TRAITOR... :lol:

http://www.vagazette.com/sports/va-sports1_041208apr12,0,4834616.story

WILLIAMSBURG - Brett Favre retired from professional football earlier this year after 17 remarkable seasons with the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons.

The Future Hall of Famer hasn’t thrown his last pass though, as Favre will come to Williamsburg this summer to participate in the 15th annual Colonial All-Pro Football Camp.

This will mark Favre’s third trip to William & Mary football coach Jimmye Laycock’s annual camp, which annually attracts some of professional football’s biggest names.

Previously guest campers have included Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Clinton Portis, Ben Roethlisberger, Jason Campbell and Barry Sanders.

This year’s camp is no different, as Favre is scheduled to be join­ed by Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Whitten.

Favre, who holds the NFL car­eer records for passing yards and touch­down passes, announced his retirement from the NFL this offseason following the Packers loss to the New York Giants in the National Football Con­ference championship game.

The former Green Bay Packers quarterback last appeared in Williamsburg in 2003, and received rave reviews from the campers following his two-hour session.

Peterson was named NFL Rookie of the Year after a standout first season with the Vikings. He led the NFC in rushing with 1,346 yards and 12 touchdowns after a standout collegiate career at Oklahoma.

Whitten earned his third Pro Bowl appearance last season after a standout campaign for the Dallas Cowboys. The 6-foot-5 tight end caught a team-record 96 passes for 1,145 yards and seven touchdowns last season for the NFC’s second-ranked offense.

This year’s camp is slated for June 22-25. For more info, call 221-3337 or visit tribeatheltics.com.

Spring game —W&M’s football team will conclude its month-long spring practice session Saturday with the annual Green & Gold game at Zable Stadium.

Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea i heard about that i live about 35 minutes from there

Are you gonna go, Tkpckfan? Are you? Are you? You can see Favre play one last time! :lol:

All kidding aside, if it's televised, I'll probably watch it too.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Favre and his wife said at the Press Conference that they weren't going to participate in any camps this year?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Favre and his wife said at the Press Conference that they weren't going to participate in any camps this year?

no what I think they said was no charity events for a year

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

yeah but you would watch a 5 hour video of Brett sleeping if you could. i have one if you wanna see. don't ask.

No, I don't think I'd actually watch a 5 hour video of Favre sleeping. I just have a temporary case of Favre-itis, because I know he won't be around anymore. I *sniff* took him for granted lo these 16 years! I always thought he was eye candy though.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
yea i heard about that i live about 35 minutes from there

Are you gonna go, Tkpckfan? Are you? Are you? You can see Favre play one last time! :lol:

well the camp most likely is for teenagers so i wont be able to go unless i just went to check it out. but i remember several years ago when he came the prices were rediculous so i didn't go. prolly gonna be even more now

Members online

Latest posts