1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre: Through the Years

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPHAT, Sep 13, 2007.

1. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://packerfansunited.blogspot.com/2007/09/fix-of-favre.html

...Favre

Hmmm...that could mean many things, I guess. But every once in a while we need to pause and reflect upon the fact that we, as Packer fans -- as football fans -- have been able to watch one of the greatest -- if not the greatest -- quarterbacks of all time, for a very long time now. In fact, statistically, Brett will wind up #1 in more than a few categories by season's end. With last Sunday's win over the Eagles, he has already tied Elway for most wins by a QB. A handful of touchdown passes and he will pass Marino for most TD passes thrown. Etc.

Here is a link to a gallery of pix of Brett on the Sports Illustrated site.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/favre.best.pictures/content.1.html

[​IMG]

You might also find this Favre database of interest...a static version, but a searchable one, as well. Everything you always wanted to know about his TD passes:

http://data.jsonline.com/sports/favre/

Enjoy the pix. Enjoy the stats. Enjoy Brett. For no one like him shall pass this way again...for a long time, time, time....
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Brett Favre Retrospective

Fans of Brett Favre have seen it all in his 15 seasons with the Green Bay Packers. From his start in 1992, through his joys and pains, his successes and failures, see it all in this gallery of photos through the years:

http://www.jsonline.com/site/photographerphotos/gallery.aspx?catid=382
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Leader of the Pack: QB Favre by TOP HAT

An amusing Sunday headline: Packers finally flip [by Favre] the script on McNabb. Amusing. Recently, I conducted a sports poll with most fans feeling Favre will retire after the season. Maybe. Our modern day aging Huck Finn begins a new season leading the Pack: "It's a new season for an old quarterback charged now with not losing the game. How Favre performs and chooses to perform, without seasoned professionals around him might well tell the Packers' story in '07." At the end of the 2007 season or maybe the next, Brett will walk away & retire from the game having earned the timeless records, the glowing awards, and the solitude of endless offseasons. The dusk of a timeless fall day at the mythic stadium will come to the Holy City in the middle west landscape far away from the concrete & plastic jungle of the megalopolises. Until that day, Bret will step back into the pocket, protected by the "hopes from the glory days" supported by a young rising offensive line, throwing defiant brilliant passes of hope to rising young stars under a golden sun cheered by the greatest fans against the perplexing chaos, the aging odds, and the final goodbyes.

2. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    Nice pics!!

3. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TOPHAT ,

Great Picture of Brett, thanks for the retrospective post. Brett will end up going down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game, no doubt about it my friend !!

4. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre: Today & Sunday

http://packers.scout.com/2/679244.html

Favre keeps faith in offensive line. Win over Giants makes him the league's all-time winningest quarterback

Brett Favre took little satisfaction out of an otherwise pleasurable 16-13 win over Philadelphia in the season opener Sunday. He raised some eyebrows by uttering in the aftermath: "The competitive side of me is not letting me enjoy it as much as I should." The particular veteran quarterback toned down the woe-is-me assessment Wednesday. Yet, Favre still isn't ready to turn the corner and start singing "Happy Days" because the offense he directs has a lot of problem solving to accomplish as the Packers inch toward a road date with the New York Giants on Sunday. "It was just one of those games," Favre said of the punchless effort against the Eagles. "We've got to press forward."

The underdog Packers won in spite of an offense that didn't score a touchdown, netted but 215 total yards, gained only 46 rushing yards, moved the chains just 10 times and turned the ball over twice. Everyone of significance in the unit was culpable. The line, regarded as the linchpin of the offense coming into the season, was dominated in all facets. Rookie halfback Brandon Jackson was, well, a rookie as he frequently was lax in finding and hitting the holes in his cutback runs. A short-handed receiving group was out of sync with Favre. So, on Wednesday, Favre wavered between putting his arms around his offensive mates -- saying of some, "I believe in our offensive line. They've received a lot of high praise throughout the offseason, throughout last season and going into this season and training camp. Well deserved." -- and questioning whether he'll ever be able to enjoy a win this season. "An opening game facing guys like that (the Eagles defense), it's tough. (But) can we make a living doing that every week? Probably not," Favre said. "But, I believe in those guys. Hey, if called upon, you've got to make plays. That's the bottom line. "I think every quarterback would love to drop back and not have pressure and go through his reads. But, if called upon, you've got to make plays. I'm not concerned."

The Giants could be just the tonic Favre and Co. need to take the pressure off Green Bay's special teams and defense for winning a second straight game. New York's defense was run and passed over by Dallas on Sunday night -- surrendering 478 yards and 45 points -- and likely will be without Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora, who suffered a knee injury in the game. Favre needs only one victory to become the league's winningest quarterback. He is tied with John Elway at 148. Putting points on the board is Favre's top objective, however. "I expect us to score. I expect to lead this team down and score every time; I really do," he said. "That's not just talking. I really believe that. To not score at all is beyond disappointing, and I take that personally, as I should."

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Great Pictures Tophat thanks for all the work.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Those are just great pictures. See how hes grown through the years.