Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and how many of them are actually competitive for the starting job right now?

Also everyone *****es that he didn't mentor Aaron, and then most people come right back and say "well good thing he didn't because he would have just taught him how to throw interceptions!!!"

You can't have it both ways.
I'm not one of those people, and your point wasn't about being competition, though you mentioned it, it was about veteran QBs not having to mentor young ones.

And if Aaron gets heavily injuried and Matt Flynn plays really well Aaron IS in jeopardy of losing his job.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one of those people, and your point wasn't about being competition, though you mentioned it, it was about veteran QBs not having to mentor young ones.

And if Aaron gets heavily injuried and Matt Flynn plays really well Aaron IS in jeopardy of losing his job.

Well duh, because he gets heavily injured. Anyone who gets heavily injured has a chance of not playing again. Trying to compare Matt's situation sitting being Aaron is waaaaaaaay different than Aaron sitting behind Brett. There was direct competition from a TALENT (not injury) level. Aaron was also expected to eventually become a franchise QB and Favre knew that. Again, why would Favre, one of the most competitive players to play the game, shorten his time as a starting QB when he knew his time was dwindling by helping Aaron out?

We'll just have to agree to disagree because neither of us will give in. It's just super annoying when reading threads and Brett *****ing comes up in basically every topic, yet people seem to say they are over/done with him...doesn't really seem like it. I don't know if Brett personally visited everyone on this forum and killed their cat or something, but I don't get it. (This is not directed specifically towards you, just a general statement).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For me, it is not that Favre didn't mentor Rodgers - I wouldn't want him to since the fundamentals of the QB position were never his strengths (not throwing into coverage, not throwing off his back foot, taking care of the ball etc.). That's not meant as a knock on him as he was great in spite of that. I am glad the job of mentoring Rodgers was done by Tom Clements (who doesn't get as much credit as he should IMO) and McCarthy. But Favre was a pr*ck to Rodgers when he arrived and that was uncalled for since it wasn't Rodgers fault he was drafted by the Packers. And those who were paying close attention back then will remember during Rodgers first couple of seasons he did not look like the certain heir apparent he became in 2007.

Of course I can't speak for others, but here's a post which explains what I think of Favre generally.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well duh, because he gets heavily injured. Anyone who gets heavily injured has a chance of not playing again. Trying to compare Matt's situation sitting being Aaron is waaaaaaaay different than Aaron sitting behind Brett. There was direct competition from a TALENT (not injury) level. Aaron was also expected to eventually become a franchise QB and Favre knew that. Again, why would Favre, one of the most competitive players to play the game, shorten his time as a starting QB when he knew his time was dwindling by helping Aaron out?

We'll just have to agree to disagree because neither of us will give in. It's just super annoying when reading threads and Brett *****ing comes up in basically every topic, yet people seem to say they are over/done with him...doesn't really seem like it. I don't know if Brett personally visited everyone on this forum and killed their cat or something, but I don't get it. (This is not directed specifically towards you, just a general statement).
The was NEVER competition. Let's not get revisionist in here. Favre was the franchise. Rodgers would NEVER start as a rookie or as a young QB, as long as Favre committed himself.

I dare you to bring any kind of article that says otherwise, that there ever was competition for the starting job. Outside of when Favre retired, of course.

Favre was a ****, period. If you want to disagree with this fact, be my guest.

Arizona Mad Dog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I trully believe that was as gracios and complimentary as Favre can be, and that his intentions were as good as possible.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Packer RS, are you saying you believe Favre is going to Hell? What God do you believe in? I think this statement is over the top, way over the top. Is your hate that strong?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I trully believe that was as gracios and complimentary as Favre can be, and that his intentions were as good as possible.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Packer RS, are you saying you believe Favre is going to Hell? What God do you believe in? I think this statement is over the top, way over the top. Is your hate that strong?
Do you understand context?

Do you understand what an idiomatic expression is?

People really read what they want to read...

And please use the reply button so I know when you respond...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts