Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I guarantee the way Rodgers handles it will be "Perfection"

I'd pay to see that. Rodgers is brilliant but he also has the sense not to involve himself in a controversy during the season. It's a distraction that Rodgers seems to know how to avoid. Let Favre run his mouth and play the fool all he wants, meanwhile, Rodgers is laughing all the way to the bank and back to the SB.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I was never one to deify Favre and never one to vilify him either, but by 2005 and 2006 I was so sick of the retired, not retired, retired not retired drama, that I was glad to see him go to the Jets. When he came back to the Vikings I completely lost any and all respect I had left for the guy. Now the constant media *****-mongering has just become sad. I wish he would just let it go and keep his stupid mouth shut. Nothing he says has any credibility whatsoever and if he never says another word publicly at all it will be the most prudent thing he could do and say.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah, this won't even be blip on Arods radar. He has nothing to prove and too much class to say anything about this, but I am sure this will be fodder for the low grade media.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett had the #1 special teams unit and #1 defense in his prime and won one SB.....Yet this team has better talent? I disagree some..

Our o-l isnt as great as his
Our d-l for sure was no where near theirs
Our secondary might be even
Our LB might be even, but I would take 96
Our wr are better
TE I would take 96
RB are about even

But what do I know?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd pay to see that. Rodgers is brilliant but he also has the sense not to involve himself in a controversy during the season. It's a distraction that Rodgers seems to know how to avoid. Let Favre run his mouth and play the fool all he wants, meanwhile, Rodgers is laughing all the way to the bank and back to the SB.

That's what I'm saying. He will handle it in the perfect way. Which usually means he just sidesteps it.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The interview was going completely fine until the end there. Seriously, like someone said, whether he meant it to come across as a compliment or backhanded comment, he really just needs to shut up and say "Aarons a great quarterback, and he's playing for a great franchise" and we all might start forgetting about the stupid crap that has tarnished his legacy in GB for the past two years.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what his intentions are. He should just refrain from speaking about the Packers publicly for at least 10 years. Every time he opens his mouth he just digs himself a deeper hole.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett....You are admitting Ted knew more about being a GM then you? Or are you saying..... damn Rodgers you suck if it took you this long to win with those guys?

Either way Brett, it is coming across as being bitter EVEN if that wasnt your intention

P.S. I know "certain" people will not like this thread, but this is how Packer nation feels now...We are not the minority any longer..."Certain" people are the minority now
Yup.
I hope. Really really hope that there are some OBFF lurkers on here.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they posted this on their forum and are treating his words like gospel.
He could commit the worst crimes and those sheeple will still find a way to think he's alright!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.

What does that hillbilly, choke-artist mean by that?
Rodgers first year starting (2008) was great stuff statistically, but the defense and special teams were atrocious enough to fire coaches.
Rodgers second year (2009) was phenomenal, and we went 11-5, a game better than last year's title team. We made the playoffs, and Rodgers put up record numbers in that playoff game at Arizona, lighting up the scoreboard for 45 points. But he still had the Farve-effect (playoff choke) lingering and he was stripped (facemask not called) and lost the game. Again, that was the Farve residual effect.

By Rodgers third year, he had gotten rid of the Farve effect, and now we all saw Rodgers do things that Farve never did. He carried a team to a Super Bowl win, and won the Super Bowl MVP.
Rodgers was 3rd fiddle to Reggie & Desmond Howard in his one ring he won. He blew all the others as we know. In addition to his choke-city historic collapses at ENDS of playoff games, he also was beaten at home, by Daunte Culpepper and the young & wild Michael Vick. Both in Green Bay.

Farve has always been a little (or lot) overrated, well if playoff & Super Bowls are your priority.
I can't stand that guy, ever since I talked with Rodgers' dad Ed in that spring & summer of 2008 when Farve pulled the bull****.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am definitely in minority that stilll likes Farve and always will. Maybe it's my favortism towards him , but I don't take his " I don't see how he didn't do it sooner" as a underhanded comment. I took it as Rodgers has so much talent, that he was good enough to win it every year since he began as starting quaterback.

Of course every wants to take it as a slap to the face to Rodgers. Sometimes I feel that people are just looking for any excuse to bury Farve for signing with the Vikings. I don't think there's anything Favre can do or say for people to understand that he doesn't have heat with Rodgers.

I for one will not forget what Favre has done for the Packers. I know I will get heat for what i have said , but oh well.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Time is supposed to heal wounds.

I know Joe cool didn't congratulate Young when the Niners won the Super Bowl, and they had a tough relationship but I think overtime, Joe wasn't sore and an *** about it, and he admits that Young was a great quarterback.

Rodgers had the support from fans that Young did not. I think even if we would have lost to the Bears in the Championship, no one would have said "We would have won with Favre" cause they sure did torture Young with Montana's shadow, not to mention he lost 2 NFC Championship games to those same Dallas Cowboys.

Favre could at least be cool and honor Rodgers, and say he is proud of him. It's the right thing to do. Yeah you got your *** beat by your favorite team growing up in the NFC Championship, NO ONE REALLY CARES ANYMORE. He acts all sore, but come on, he should at least say he's proud of this team.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should Favre say he is proud of the team , when the town has treated him like crap? Yeah he signed with Vikings , but big damn deal. I am sure there has been far worse things that your family, friends or spouse has done , then Favre signing with that other team. People act as if Farve was the only people to come in and out of retirement. How many times has Jordan done it and others? Yet Favre seems to be the only name that comes up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I am definitely in minority that stilll likes Farve and always will. Maybe it's my favortism towards him , but I don't take his " I don't see how he didn't do it sooner" as a underhanded comment. I took it as Rodgers has so much talent, that he was good enough to win it every year since he began as starting quaterback.

Of course every wants to take it as a slap to the face to Rodgers. Sometimes I feel that people are just looking for any excuse to bury Farve for signing with the Vikings. I don't think there's anything Favre can do or say for people to understand that he doesn't have heat with Rodgers.

I for one will not forget what Favre has done for the Packers. I know I will get heat for what i have said , but oh well.

I agree with you, while I didn't really care for his comment, I feel the same way about Favre. He played 2 years with the Vikings, but that's not enough to kill the 16 years he played for us. But I also think, the media really edged it on. When he played for the Vikings, that's all they talked about, it was constantly thrown in everyone's face, every single day.

Had it not been for Brett, I probably never would have liked football as a kid. At the end of the day, he didn't win the Vikings anything, and 2 years over there is not 16 years. I don't agree with everything he says or does, but the guy made my Sunday a happy day when I was younger.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they do retire his number and I am sure they will. I just hope they have extra security that night.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should Favre say he is proud of the team , when the town has treated him like crap? Yeah he signed with Vikings , but big damn deal. I am sure there has been far worse things that your family, friends or spouse has done , then Favre signing with that other team. People act as if Farve was the only people to come in and out of retirement. How many times has Jordan done it and others? Yet Favre seems to be the only name that comes up.
One of my biggest pet peeves is flip flopping.
If you say your going to do something, then you should do it. Stick to it.
Why bother putting us through all this crap and then to change one's mind later?
He said he was going to quit, then he should have stayed away.
He puts Ted, Aaron the coaching staff, the fans through all this drama. He is no longer reliable. At least off the field. (He's been unreliable on the field for some time now and that's for a different thread.) So why the f would they want him back?
And then later on he goes to a rival team to get revenge on the Packers. And yet somehow you find a way to justify that!?
He stabbed the Packers fans in the back.
If you don't get that then you are a Favre fan and not a Packers fan.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a time in Favre's playing days when he didn't have what Rodgers had? For me, that is the nail in the coffin. Favre had plenty of chances, but he seemed to implode in pressure situations. Rodgers is just the opposite - the man exudes poise. People can see this I think.

Here's another thing: Would Marino, Elway, Montana, Aikman, et. al. say this about their successor if they won the big one? That it should have come sooner? I don't think so - Favre's legacy he built in Green Bay is tainted almost to the point of ash.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
When you crap on someone isnt in there right to crap right back on them? You are a favre lover not a packer lover.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

Michael Jordan is really hard to compare to Favre. He was the greatest basketball player ever in my book, but he also has been highly supportive of the Chicago Bulls, and he's not afraid to admit it in his own words, all the while he's owner of another team. Jordan spoke all last season how proud he was of the success in Chicago, even picking them to win it all, and he said Rose was his MVP even before the votes were in. A big difference is, Jordan came back in his prime. Favre still had some juice left, but he was past his prime coming back.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man sickens me. I admired him so much as a kid, and loved that guy. I mean he really ruined it when he went to the Vikings, and the way he treated Rodgers. He was offended in 2005 when they drafted him, and never helped him saying it wasn't his job to teach the kid. Rodgers has handled him so well, and to be honest, I love Rodgers more than I ever loved Favre.

And that says a lot because Favre I admired him, and loved watching him play as a kid. He thought he became bigger than life figure in Green Bay, thinking he could come back in 2008 and have his "team" back. Sorry Brett but I always bleed green and gold, before anything else!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The man sickens me. I admired him so much as a kid, and loved that guy. I mean he really ruined it when he went to the Vikings, and the way he treated Rodgers. He was offended in 2005 when they drafted him, and never helped him saying it wasn't his job to teach the kid. Rodgers has handled him so well, and to be honest, I love Rodgers more than I ever loved Favre.

And that says a lot because Favre I admired him, and loved watching him play as a kid. He thought he became bigger than life figure in Green Bay, thinking he could come back in 2008 and have his "team" back. Sorry Brett but I always bleed green and gold, before anything else!

Awesome post!:tup:

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
It seems like this is yet another last ditch effort for Ol' Shutter Bug to be in the spot light. Still putting himself on a pedestal and proclaiming that Aaron's success is a result of being in his presence. (insert "puke" face) I would like to see Aaron totally ignore this joke of an interview. Maybe after SB XLVI he'll ride off into the Mississippi sunset for good.

Members online

Latest posts