1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre should retire

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerbacker04, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre

Theres only one thing left to do - WIN the whole dang thing !!!! :beer:

GO PACK :towel:

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol if GB doesn't pick him up and he plays great next season, I hope you all kick yourself! :D:D

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    To get back on this topic that 'favre should retire'

We know the negatives to this.

The positives?
    Around 7.5 million in cap relief. This would help the Packers TREMENDOUSLY, they would be able to sign both wahle and rivera plus maybe get a DB in FA (very unlikely that the pack would go this route)

4. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This thread is pointless. Whoever started it just wanted to get a rise out of you people. I don't understand why anyone would reply to this pointless topic.

5. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh crap.

6. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice one ----

guys - even if Brett were to retire... We would still have to let one or two go, which means Wahle would still be gone and possibly Sharper.... Yesterday's reports were that right now, GB is over the Cap to the tune of at least 8 mil... and more like 11 mil if you count it all up... So, yea, letting guys go like Tennessee and Miami are doing is not something we'll be avoiding... That's why I posted Brett may want to stay but he better get used to it being at least two more years.... We won't truly be ready for the SuperBowl run until we can compete better in Defense against the coaching tactics of Belicheck's schemes... THAT won't be this year......

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Possibly, but make something more out of then. Try to evaluate the postive and negative effects of him leaving. If he does leave that gives the Packer somewhere around 7million under the cap. Thats good room to play with there.

8. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    there are no positives. with brett, we win, without, who knows.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree, to an extent. I can't believe he is our WHOLE team. I think if we keep our offense intact, meaning, everyone. OL, RB, WR etc we would be okay. We jus need a QB who like Dilfer was for the ravens to jus not LOSE the game for us.

I think without brett we have a more difficult time bringing new players in here though.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want him to leave, I'm jus trying to find something positive IF he were to call it a career.