Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he had a
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
(rune for #4 )on his bearskin. :lol:

Is anyone still wondering, why Brett
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
avre wears the #4? :wink:

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I don't understand why ppl jump all over every non-packer fan that posts on here. Not everything is meant as mean-spirited, disrespectful rivalry- driven hatred. Fine, big3 may have said some things you disagree with, but instead of disrespectfully dismissing everything he says just because he's the fan from another team, why not welcome a debate that offers a much different perspective than our Packer bias allows?

Favre comments aside (I've beat that horse already)...I agree with him about the Pack's future. I too lack confidence in the new coaching hires (and I REALLY hope I'm wrong and will be eating crow by this time next year!!!) and am a little concerned about where the Packers will be in the division the next few years.

thanks musccy,
I wasn't trying to **** anybody off with my post. I was just saying you can't count on Farve forever. Everyone knows he's one of the greatest qb's to ever play the game, but he can't carry the whole team. If he could you guys wouldn't have had the year you did. I think everyone can agree he won't be playing much longer, a year or two at the absolute most. Alls I was saying is why not try and rebuild the team as a whole with the possible new leader running the offense. Getting the whole team to rally behind a new leader takes time and it also takes time for him to develop a chemistry with the recievers. You're new coach will probably be implementing a new system. Even if it has some characteristics of the old one, it will still be a big change. I think they should all be learning together. The group that will probably be around for the next 3 or 4 years should learn with the guy who will be running it with them as apposed to everyone learning with a guy for one year and then have to redevelop with another guy a year later. But I'm just a stupid lions fan. Apparently the actions of the team I root for takes intelligence away from any football ideas I may have.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy.....I have seen you jump on Phil yourself.....not literally, but that's a different story. Just because you happen to agree with him on this point (your hatred for Brett) doesn't make you exempt from your previous indescretions.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Favrey Boy should retire. I would rather face Mr. Rodgers next year.

More importantly..........Ginger or Mary Ann?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
musccy said:
I don't understand why ppl jump all over every non-packer fan that posts on here. Not everything is meant as mean-spirited, disrespectful rivalry- driven hatred. Fine, big3 may have said some things you disagree with, but instead of disrespectfully dismissing everything he says just because he's the fan from another team, why not welcome a debate that offers a much different perspective than our Packer bias allows?

Favre comments aside (I've beat that horse already)...I agree with him about the Pack's future. I too lack confidence in the new coaching hires (and I REALLY hope I'm wrong and will be eating crow by this time next year!!!) and am a little concerned about where the Packers will be in the division the next few years.

Because they are frightened little losers who have nothing else to live for.
This is why there are so many Packer haters. There are more “I hate the Packersâ€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, when favre leaves, a dark cloud will be above lambeau field, but like it has on so many dark and stormy nights, lambeau field will be packed to capacity.

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year he comes back to this horrible team, his career is diminishing. It's time for him to go out with an awesome career, while he still has the chance.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDITED - with reason .... good reason!

big3 said:
I know I'm not a packer fan, but some of you people astound me.

• 1. The packers don't owe brett farve anything.
    2. He was paid well to do a good job, and he did it.

From an outsiders point of view, Farve staying another year will hold up the team from working at a faster rebuild. (Depending on TT's success with assistance by Andrew Brandt - you might be wrong on this thought about the Packers.. -- IPBprez)

Some of you remind me of the Harrington lovers on the lions website, you are more of a quarterback fan than a fan of your team. (Agreed, totally - IPBprez - If we were in Miami, they'd behave the same way about Dan Marino - no one else ever helped out, ya know!)

3. No one can force Brett to retire. He can play until he's 50 if he wants to.

But I don't think you should be mad at the coach for not playing Farve if he is trying to develop the next QB, in a new system, knowing that Farve won't be around much longer anyway. (Spock logic, cheeseheads, spock logic - IPBprez)

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with what I've heard about your new coaching staff.

The Packers aren't going to dominate the North like they have in the past whether Brett retires this year or not.

I think you need to start playing your FUTURE franchise QB as the great one you have now won't be around but for another year at most.

Remember, it is the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Farve's.

• This is for the masses --- I don't give a damn which Team a Poster may favor.. if their posting has some common sense to it - then it deserves to be treated with common courtesy, just as you would expect yours to be.

What's more - Big3 pretty much nails it... His posting was from the standpoint that he could have been talking about "any" Team in the NFL - which several of you made sure to overlook!

That's certainly NOT how you convert other Fans to become PackerFans!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Big difference ingrate...

Favre is a first round lock HOF QB...what the hell is Harrington?

"But I don't think you should be mad at the coach for not playing Farve if he is trying to develop the next QB, in a new system, knowing that Farve won't be around much longer anyway. (Spock logic, cheeseheads, spock logic - IPBprez)"

Yeah..you're gonna bench your HOF QB for a rookie...and Favre shouldn't be looking for another team.?? Ridiculous..

Look around the league ingrates...how many HOF QB's do other teams have on their roster? You know..a lot of teams would kill for the chance to have Brett Favre on their roster...

I can't to see what you say when your "precious rookie" stinks up the field at Lambeau....and you know what you can do with your "Spock logic"....!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F@vre66, you're missing the point...I'm not even saying I support this decision, but the logic behind putting in Rodgers is not because you think he's better than Favre...did you hear me? IT'S NOT BECAUSE PPL THINK RODGERS IS BETTER THAN FAVRE...let me repeat that because this point never seems to register w/you...IT"S NOT BECAUSE PPL THINK RODGERS IS BETTER THAN BRETT, it's because you're trying to see what the hell you have.

If Rodgers played more last season, maybe you realize he sucks, and you go after Cutler, or whomever in this year's draft. But w/ Rodgers riding the pine, you have no clue if he's worth keeping, and you're delaying the inevitable process of finding the future...

Imagine if Detroit had a good vet that they were playing the last 3 years and Harrington was just waiting for his time to step in...boy, what a rude awakening the next 3 years would be realizing that Harrington sucks...that's the logic behind playing more of Rodgers...if we find out he sucks now, then that's 1-3 less years down the road of learning the hard way....or conversely, finding out he's worth keeping, and not wasting picks on qbs we won't need (e.g. cutler)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't San Francisco go through something like that with Montana and Young?

Although..I'm pretty sure they knew what they had in Young...

Also..it takes at least 2-3 years to see if a rookie QB has it what it takes...not a couple of snaps here and there...every rookie needs a few years to develop to see if he will pan out.....

So what's the hurry...I ask for the hundredth time???

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, this team is 3 years away from getting back to contention w/ TT's nickle and dime approach to prepping a team for the SB.

Usually you need a solid qb for a SB run, so if TT can prep this team within the next 3 years, it'd be nice to find a suitable qb that is primed and ready to lead this team...and I don't see Brett being around that long (or at least not in GB)

I look at this situation like the Bears...hopefully TT can build a solid TEAM like that in the next 3 years...but look what happens if you don't have a qb...and under the assumption that Brett won't be here in 3 years, it'd be frustrating if the rest of the team is ready, but the qb is holding you back.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmm..

You see..I feel that you if you start with a great QB...you build around him and give him the talent and call a good game...YOU WIN!

That's what SherRossley failed to do in 6 years in GB....

You see what happened to teams like Denver, Cincinnati, Carolina, and the Bears in the playoffs...if they had a HOF QB like Favre...they'd be playing today..!

It's much easier to win the big games with a great QB and a good team...as opposed to a great team with a mediocre QB...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you see Brett being around the next time the Packers will have a team capable of making a legit shot at the SB? 2 things we learned this year...Brett can't do it alone, and TT will likely react too methodically to give brett a SB caliber team b4 he leaves (retire, request trade, or whatever) which is why I say no.

and you're right about a good qb...the majority of the time, you need a top 10 qb to make a good run at it...and we have NO clue what we have in Rodgers, good or bad!

My own opinion is that Brett's timetable is too short for another SB in GB...so both sides would be better served if Brett weren't around...the Packers can start their search for the next Brett Favre (I'm not saying someone as good as, just a cornerstone that you can build around for the next 10-12 years)...and Brett can retire or go after his last ring w/ MIA or whomever. Maybe what I say is sacrelig...but it's just my opinion.

Of course finding the next cornerstone would be difficult, but the sooner you start, the sooner you hopefully find him.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gee..Musscy...

Do we finally agree on something?

I think maybe so....This is why people like DePack, myself, and others are a little pissed at TT because we see the writing on the wall for FAvre...and like it or not...the Packers ARE in full scale, rebuilding mode right NOW! We would like to see the Packers be competitive and Favre take them all the way this year..or the next..but do we really think that is going to happen???

No..I don't think so...for the simple reason that...there is no Packer team right now...We don't even know what direction they are headed....

That is why I *****ed so relentlessly about Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley because I knew from day one that these weren't the guys to build for Favre to take the Packers back to the SB....neither as coaches...or as GM...

(and I knew that Favre's career was going to end on this downward spiral with the Pack if something wasn't done about it right away, and I blame Harlan for not firing Sherman's lame *** after that Eagle game and bringing TT in then...because right now we wouldn't even be talking about this.....and Favre might have taken them all the way this year, or the next, as I hoped...)

So people here may be pissed if Favre joins with another team for a few years to try to get that second SB because the Pack is not going to be in contention for quite awhile...but I don't blame him...I think he's done enough for the city of Green Bay and can go out on his own terms.....

But, as Steve YOung said on ESPN..."Sooner or later, Brett Favre is going to realize, as I realized, that his team is no longer contending and playing for championships anymore...and he is going to have to make a decision..."

Well...don't blame him if he decides to walk and go to a team where he has a shot at glory...instead of years of frustration...which is what he has had in Green BAy....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoa...it must be getting a little chilly in hell because I think we did just agree on something...

If the realisitic objective of the Packers was to win a superbowl in the next 3 years then I say keep Brett...but me and my pessimistic attitude don't see this happening because as you noted, TT is not a knee-jerk reaction type of GM, and this team has a lot of rebuilding to do.

So my retirment talk about Brett wasn't meant to be disrespectful, it's more influenced by what we've just discussed. If he wants a ring b4 retirement, GB probably isn't the place for him, and if the Packers want to find a long term (10-12 year ) qb replacement, then Brett's presence in GB slows that process.

With that said, in spite of my constant criticism, I do respect and enjoy watching Brett play in GB, so if he wants to come back, I'm fine with that...I just think it'd delay the process of getting to the SB for both parties involved (considering the cirucmstances...Brett's timeline, TT's caution, current state of the team, etc.)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see the advantage of running Brett out of town.

He'll be back for opening ceremony before a game 30-40 years from now to a cheering crowd.

Do you want it remembered that you wanted him tarred and feathered before running him out of town on a rail?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Gee..Musscy...

Do we finally agree on something?

I think maybe so....This is why people like DePack, myself, and others are a little pissed at TT because we see the writing on the wall for FAvre...and like it or not...the Packers ARE in full scale, rebuilding mode right NOW! We would like to see the Packers be competitive and Favre take them all the way this year..or the next..but do we really think that is going to happen???

No..I don't think so...for the simple reason that...there is no Packer team right now...We don't even know what direction they are headed....

That is why I *****ed so relentlessly about Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley because I knew from day one that these weren't the guys to build for Favre to take the Packers back to the SB....neither as coaches...or as GM...

(and I knew that Favre's career was going to end on this downward spiral with the Pack if something wasn't done about it right away, and I blame Harlan for not firing Sherman's lame *** after that Eagle game and bringing TT in then...because right now we wouldn't even be talking about this.....and Favre might have taken them all the way this year, or the next, as I hoped...)

So people here may be pissed if Favre joins with another team for a few years to try to get that second SB because the Pack is not going to be in contention for quite awhile...but I don't blame him...I think he's done enough for the city of Green Bay and can go out on his own terms.....

But, as Steve YOung said on ESPN..."Sooner or later, Brett Favre is going to realize, as I realized, that his team is no longer contending and playing for championships anymore...and he is going to have to make a decision..."

Well...don't blame him if he decides to walk and go to a team where he has a shot at glory...instead of years of frustration...which is what he has had in Green BAy....

classic example of passing off an opinion as fact.

Members online