Favre should retire--he doesn't have it anymore

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
maybe 2 or 3...

They can't score in the red zone...and have 0 talent at the skill positions(except for Driver)....

in other words...they suck..

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr

like Pack said, take away some of Brett's untimely picks, and the pack have maybe 3 or 4 more wins....but I'm not too concerned about the record...this team wasn't going anywhere this year anyway

I'm more concerned about what Greg brought up, and he put it nicely, that Brett has lacked patience lately, and not just this year. If the team falls down a bit, he has a tendency to force things too much, which concerns me. He needs to be more willing to take the sack, or the 5 yard dump off rather than the homerun ball.

Now that means that TT and MS need to be able to supply him with a quality run game and receiving threats too, which I agree could be improved upon, but that still doesn't excuse the impatience that Brett can, at times, display.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes i agree, brett could be more patient and occasionally take the sack. but favre has always played the same way, his guys on this team, just don't get seperation, or fight for the ball when running their routes.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
What some of you ingrates need to have happen is to have Favre go over and join those purple mother-f***ers and lead them to a SB win....

keep pushin' and something like this will happen...

(either that or your just going to have a bunch of 2-14 seasons with Aaron Rodgers and SherRossley on your hands...)

and i hope you'll be very happy...

Welcome back to the 1970's....Green BAy Packers....

RYAN, where is the ignore button when you need it?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Great post Philtration!!!

Congratulations on a Norh champoinship, if it can't be the Packers, then The Bears are the next best choice.

I think Phil is trying to make a great point in his own subtle way, I get it!!!

The only people who will be happy to see Brett Favre retire are the 31 Defensive co-ordinaters in the league who will not have to worry about Brett burning their defenses like they know he still can.

Yes, our losing season is made a little better now that the Vikings are also out as well. Makes us even.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
yeah Greg..

like the Packers really have a great team around him this year..eh?

The problem with you people is that you think that Favre is the problem and that without him the Pack could win..

I have news for you Greg..

The Pack is not going to win for a very, very looong time...

Welcome back to the 1970's....

You can thank TT for this...and SherRossley...

You know what? I totally agree! I never said that it was Favre to blame for the Packers current state. I said that the team it’s self did not have the talent to compete and Favre could no longer carry them by himself. There is no shame in the man getting older and starting to lose his skills. Elway was playing his final games for a team that was much more talented than the current Packers team.
It is just the natural course of the game. Teams rise to the top and fall back to earth over and over again.
Teams that were successful for ten years and going to the playoffs on a regular basis fall back to the bottom. Washington, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland, Miami. It happens to every team eventually. It has happened to the Packers before. The last time it happened it lasted for over 20 years.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok Phil..

That's not quite what I meant..because I never said that Favre was "losing his skills"..and I don't believe that he is....

and no one QB can carry a team "all by themselves"...even Favre and Elway needs some help...

(although Favre has made some rather pedestrian receivers look better than they really are...Bill Shroeder comes to mind...)

No..Phil..Favre has not "lost it", as you say...(no matter what the trendy opinion might be right now...)

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
maybe 2 or 3...

They can't score in the red zone...and have 0 talent at the skill positions(except for Driver)....

in other words...they suck..

Why dont you go to the Packer Plus discussion boards on the Journal Sentinel Website.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon Chick..

You know the Pack is not good this year....

But if they keep Favre and surround him with talent NOW...!!

The Pack will be BACK!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
C'mon Chick..

You know the Pack is not good this year....

But if they keep Favre and surround him with talent NOW...!!

The Pack will be BACK!!

I know they werent. they better draft some good talent too. They should be back.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Ok Phil..

That's not quite what I meant..because I never said that Favre was "losing his skills"..and I don't believe that he is....

and no one QB can carry a team "all by themselves"...even Favre and Elway needs some help...

(although Favre has made some rather pedestrian receivers look better than they really are...Bill Shroeder comes to mind...)

No..Phil..Favre has not "lost it", as you say...(no matter what the trendy opinion might be right now...)

I did not say that Favre has "lost it" but you have to admit that he has lost "some of it" and that's just the way things go. He is not 27 years old anymore and there is nothing that he or anyone else can do about that. This is just not a good football team and Favre cannot pull them out of the fire. Anyone who is expecting him to pull miracles out of his *** is asking too much of him and the man gave at the office already.
To be honest with you, I don't see the Packers being a good team next year either. They have too many needs to fill for it to happen in just one off-season. I am not saying that it's impossible, but it is very unlikely.

Members online

Latest posts