Favre should ask TT...

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
to be released from the Green Bay Packers so that he can sign with another team.

(It's obvious that TT is not committed to winning this year..and frankly Favre shouldn't waste his time...He needs to be with a WINNER!)

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good for you..

As any good, self-respecting, Packer fan should...

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and self-respecting Packer fan should hold the individual above the team. Same case with Javon Walker, he wants to be on another team so instead of badmouthing him we should release him so he can be on another team where we can still support and respect him.

This team made Favre. They rescued him from being a fat lazy third string quarterback into a hall of famer. They made him filthy rich. He owes it to the team to keep playing if he feels that he can still do it, or retire if he thinks he can't. Leaving soley for the reason that the GM isn't throwing money at big names is ridiculous and I will be very dissapointed if he retires for only that season. To go through a career, have one losing season and quit, isn't very respectful to the fans. I could understand if it was a situation like Kevin Garnett in Minnesota where he is a superstar and they haven't been competitive and he deserves more, but Favre has been to two Super Bowls with this team and won one. They have been contenders just about every year he's played. You have to take some bad with the good.

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very interesting SuperRat..(you must be a Vikings fan..)

So Favre who is responsible for rescuing the Packer franchise from the doldrums of the 70's and 80's is a traitor if he wishes to finish his career on a winning note, and yet TT is not held accountable for anything that he does because he is "new" to the role of GM?

Man..I hate to say it..but that's a rather ungrateful attitude to have towards your future HOF QB...

May you not have to wait another 30 years to be delivered once again in GB!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Man..I hate to say it..but that's a rather ungrateful attitude to have towards your future HOF QB..."

Yeah, that's all that needs to be said !!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very grateful to Favre. I just don't like a player first attitude. Ted Thompson hasn't had time to be held accountable for anything. Last year they had very little cap room at free agency so I understand him not willing to spend a ton of money. I thought his draft last year was very solid. This year in free agency he is bringing in linebackers to help that position. They will compete for one linebacker spot and hopefully AJ Hawk will take the other. There aren't any good guards in free agency so you can't blame him for that, he tried to get Vinateri but you can't blame Vinateri for wanting to kick in a dome. He is now going after Woodson or Plummer, so he can hopefully get a solid number 2 corner. I think he has been doing fine. You can't build a team in one year. The failure of the team recently is because of Sherman not Thompson. Although if there is still a ton of cap room when the season starts then yes I will be dissapointed in TT.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
Very interesting SuperRat..(you must be a Vikings fan..)

So Favre who is responsible for rescuing the Packer franchise from the doldrums of the 70's and 80's is a traitor if he wishes to finish his career on a winning note, and yet TT is not held accountable for anything that he does because he is "new" to the role of GM?

Man..I hate to say it..but that's a rather ungrateful attitude to have towards your future HOF QB...

May you not have to wait another 30 years to be delivered once again in GB!

Favre is responsable?? No not quite. Wolf is, Holmgren is, Harlan is, R White is, so on and so forth ext ext Favre has not been the only player or part in the equation that was responsible for the Packers resurgence. I remeber the late 70's 80's and early nineties. The loses had more to do with poor coaching that bad players.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Ron Wolf built the team through the draft, not by only signing big name free agents and that seems to be what Ted Thompson is doing. We'll see if Ted Thompson can be anywhere near as good a GM in a few years, but you can't judge him based on one year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer if Brett stayed with Green Bay and let's be real he's going to play with the Packers this year or retire as a Packer this year. He's not going anywhere else.

Now if for some reason Favre told Thompson because he wants to play for a winner and feels he can do it better elsewhere I'd still respect and support Favre. I'd root for him when he's not playing the Pack. He gaves us a lot of good years the least we can do is support his decision.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol!

The same people that wants Walker to rot in Green Bay would actually allow Brett Favre to leave?

Brett Favre should stay and honour his contract....!
if not, let him retire and rot!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I'd prefer if Brett stayed with Green Bay and let's be real he's going to play with the Packers this year or retire as a Packer this year. He's not going anywhere else.

Now if for some reason Favre told Thompson because he wants to play for a winner and feels he can do it better elsewhere I'd still respect and support Favre. I'd root for him when he's not playing the Pack. He gaves us a lot of good years the least we can do is support his decision.

Agree 100 % porky, he has earned this right and Gakk : Brett has never bashed Green Bay like Walker so please don't put them in the same class !

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one has earned his right to leave the team like that, like you say about walker, he signed the contract of free will, so did Favre, and Favre has the same duty as Walker to honour the contract, I'm sorry but there is no difference.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
no one has earned his right to leave the team like that, like you say about walker, he signed the contract of free will, so did Favre, and Favre has the same duty as Walker to honour the contract, I'm sorry but there is no difference.

If Green Bay doesn't pay Favre the roster bonus I believe he becomes a free agent.. and if Walker acted in a better manner then I'd say let him go or trade him as well.

Fact is I think Walker is bluffing and will play all year for the Pack.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers aren't going to pay him the roster bonus if he says he isn't coming back.

If I was the GM, and Brett Favre said he was coming back, but not to the Packers, I would just pay him his rosterbonus and let him rot, because he has already ruined the FA.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey Dorsey, here's a question for you...being a Packer fan and all, would you like us to be better or worse next year?

a simple yes or no will suffice.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
to be released from the Green Bay Packers so that he can sign with another team.

(It's obvious that TT is not committed to winning this year..and frankly Favre shouldn't waste his time...He needs to be with a WINNER!)

how is it obvious hes not committed to winning? he re-signed some key players, and signed a tackle leader at DT.

You're not a green bay packers fan

OP
OP
D.Levens

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I could really give two **** about what you think...

but to answer Arrows question...

Yes..I WANT them to have a winning season....

Do I think that is going to happen....unfortunately...

HELL NO...

(that is unless TT gets off his fat *** and does something to improve this team...)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

HELL NO...

(that is unless TT gets off his fat *** and does something to improve this team...)

DL I think that you are having Favre withdrawls a little early.

I think TT has made alot of Moves in FA more than he is normally used to

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

HELL NO...

TT's fat *** huh...whats up 66.

we're in transition to say the least...i don't think anybody knows what the hell is going to happen this year. waiting and watching is a painstaking process for a fan...quite a plight indeed.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
D.Levens said:

HELL NO...

TT's fat *** huh...whats up 66.

we're in transition to say the least...i don't think anybody knows what the hell is going to happen this year. waiting and watching is a painstaking process for a fan...quite a plight indeed.

good catch arrow was wondering the same thing lol

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
the Packers aren't going to pay him the roster bonus if he says he isn't coming back.

If I was the GM, and Brett Favre said he was coming back, but not to the Packers, I would just pay him his rosterbonus and let him rot, because he has already ruined the FA.

The only thing that probably would of changed in FA if Favre said he wasn't coming back would of been Green Bay would of went offer a QB to compete with Rodgers. Someone like Kitna or Brooks..

If Favre said he was coming back in March nothing else would of happened. Players will go for the money and remember Green Bay isn't really a great place for free agents this year with a QB coming of 29 INT's and a 4-12 record..

Latest posts