Favre says Rodgers will "shatter everything I ever did"

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Not attempting to recreate that other thread here, but just an honest question since you brought it up. What possible motive could BF have to go through the pains of reconciliation if his heart isn't in it? I can't think of anything ulterior.

I guess you could say so he can get his name on the ring, but that doesn't really work, because if he hates the Packers so much, why would he want his name there in the first place?

Anywho, feel free to answer or ignore if you want. I'm going to bed :sleep:

It is hard to define that which takes place in the minds of the mentally disturbed. I leave such things to the professionals.

M

mayo44

Are you kidding me? You've obviously never known anyone with NPD. A person with NPD would never, under ANY circumstances whatsoever, admit to any kind of imperfection. Favre never had a problem admitting his part in a loss and often put the blame all on himself. They also would never in a million years admit to any wrong-doing like he did just last week. They don't just believe they are perfect, they would never say anything about themselves to indicate otherwise. My mother-in-law has NPD and it has cost her any meaningful relationship with any of her kids. People with NPD never have any lasting friendships. He and Frank Winters are still close friends and hunting buddies going on 20 years.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has plenty. I don't buy it.

I haven't seen his financial statement recently. It wouldn't be uncommon for a professional athlete to be in need of money.

Let's say he does, having money doesn't stop inspiring people to make more money. GB is a potential cash cow for him. If he repairs it, he could make millions from them without doing much of anything.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen his financial statement recently. It wouldn't be uncommon for a professional athlete to be in need of money.

Let's say he does, having money doesn't stop inspiring people to make more money. GB is a potential cash cow for him. If he repairs it, he could make millions from them without doing much of anything.

How does reconciling with the Packers net Favre lots of money? -Could you elaborate?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious how reconciling with the Packers will net Favre lots of money. Could you elaborate?

He would profit off of memorabilia sales as well as sales of his items that he gets a cut through the packers. On top of that endorsements. Public speaking events. Ect. Extremely lucrative. If leeroy butler can make a living off his name in Wisconsin, favre could do that 10 fold if he was loved again.

I believe that to be his primary motivation to make up with the packers. Both ends actually.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

He would profit off of memorabilia sales as well as sales of his items that he gets a cut through the packers. On top of that endorsements. Public speaking events. Ect. Extremely lucrative. If leeroy butler can make a living off his name in Wisconsin, favre could do that 10 fold if he was loved again.

I believe that to be his primary motivation to make up with the packers. Both ends actually.
Thank God I`m not the one saying this, but 100% agreement here. I`m not saying it to start it all off again, it`s just what I have always believed on this subject. Nothing more to say on the subject, promise.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to define that which takes place in the minds of the mentally disturbed. I leave such things to the professionals.

In case you are interested, Sky King (aka Brett Favre fan) is a non poster who gives out disagrees to those who don't support his hero.:poop:;) However, I did find a picture of him:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

M

mayo44

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even the Favre sycophants. :D

I'm not sure where your confusion comes from (could be the water?) but I don't see where anyone is trying to gain any kind of favor from Brett Favre. Or are you accusing Murphy, Rodgers and McCarthy of doing that?

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not so sure. Does a one-time ceremony honoring Favre in Green Bay produce significant revenue through memorabilia sales? -Not really, not beyond what he's already entitled to for his image/likeness. The public speaking isn't that lucrative, either. Do you think there are lots of groups/organizations lining up to have Favre speak to them? -I don't and even if there were, these events don't pay all that much.

Haven't heard anything suggesting that Favre needs money, no indication that he's blown through his earnings. He's a Mississippi boy and your dollar goes a lot further in Mississippi than it does in Wisconsin. I don't think Bert's interested in moving back to WI. I just dunno about the "cash grab" angle from Favre's perspective. Dunno about it from the Packers' perspective, either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Does a one-time ceremony honoring Favre in Green Bay produce significant revenue through memorabilia sales? -Not really, not beyond what he's already entitled to for his image/likeness. The public speaking isn't that lucrative, either. Do you think there are lots of groups/organizations lining up to have Favre speak to them? -I don't and even if there were, these events don't pay all that much.

Haven't heard anything suggesting that Favre needs money, no indication that he's blown through his earnings. He's a Mississippi boy and your dollar goes a lot further in Mississippi than it does in Wisconsin. I don't think Bert's interested in moving back to WI. I just dunno about the "cash grab" angle from Favre's perspective. Dunno about it from the Packers' perspective, either.

Marketing deal...

20 million if not more..Or did you forget in 08 how Brett said "the Packers bribed him with 20 mill"

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If BF really needed a cash flow option he would have taken a job as a sports caster. Not to mention the carolina panthers offered him $$$ to tutor cam newton and BF turned down the offer. There has been money offered on the table, BF just didn't take the offer so he must be just fine.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people really find it that unbelievable that someone who demanded the biggest contract in nfl history and only came back his last season for money would say a few nice words for more money?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanted to play and stick it to Ted
Besides, made more playing

Yep. Oh well, too bad. Instead, Ted, Mike, and Aaron were holding the Lombardi trophy, and stuck it to Favre! I'll tell ya ... what I would give to see a video of Favre throwing his remote at the wall when the clock struck zero at Packers 31, Steelers 25, lol.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people really find it that unbelievable that someone who demanded the biggest contract in nfl history and only came back his last season for money would say a few nice words for more money?
You can't simply it like that. Sounds nice in a discussion but it's not the full truth.

They begged Favre to come back even though he didn't want to. They flew a plane down there with his teammates. They threw a pile of cash at him. I think that you'd be lying if you were still an elite ball player, a team threw a millions of dollars at you, they begged you to play for them, and you'd say "no." The guy did what 99.9% of us all would have done - played a final season for the money. He didn't only come back for the money.

Members online

Latest posts