Favre says Rodgers will "shatter everything I ever did"

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
yeah, if Arod had started earlier, instead of being in Favres shadow, he might shatter some records, but I doubt he will get them all.....some he will no doubt....hell, Arods best season (speaking numbers ) he has already beaten Favres best season statistically......it's a start. I think sitting and watching what to do and what NOT to do helped Arod out.....he is WAY more efficiant than Favre ever was.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the only record that Arod will shatter will be the career passer rating... that, I think, he will absolutely demolish. But as for the yards, wins,td's, iron man streak... I just don't see it. He sat behind Favre for too long not amassing stats. He will just run out of time on them.

EDIT-- I can see him shattering the "Rings" record too :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
did anyone read the comments below that article ? Holy crap there is a dilusional vikings fan on there....read it, it's at least good for a laugh.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sharon Rodgers?

Then says Sharon wont have Greg J to dump a 5 yard pass to pad his stats..(does he not know if it is true with Rodgers, it will be true with Ponder?)

Then says that the Packer trolls will have fun with his comments?

What a dork

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
sounds a little more than desperate just to stay in the news.... :tdown:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think sitting and watching what to do and what NOT to do helped Arod out
I totally agree. Nobody watched Rodgers as a rookie and thought that he could start right away or even Year 2. Heck, there were lots of skeptics when he got the nod in 2008 and it wasn't just injury concerns. Like it or not, the two made each other who they are. Favre humbled Rodgers, taught him how to lead, taught him how to prepare, and taught him some of the dumb things QBs do to lose games. Rodgers taught/pushed Favre to play his best in later years, and now has taught Favre (begrudgingly) that taking the high road is the right path to follow.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre is taking some steps to try and get back into the good graces of the Packers. He is now at the point where he wants to be remembered and he knows it's the Packers he will be remembered for.

M

mayo44

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/14/favre-on-rodgers-hell-shatter-everything-i-ever-did/

That other forum is going to lose their mind.

I don't know if Rodgers will shatter Favres numbers. It's doubtful due to the time Rodgers waited in the wings. Doesn't mean he won't be considered the better QB when he retires tho.

I doubt he will touch Favre's career numbers, unless he plays at a high level into his 40s, but I think his season averages in passing yards, TDs and INTs will top Favre. I also think he'll retire with the highest career passer rating of all time and that record will be untouchable for a long time.

H

HardRightEdge

Now Mike McCarthy is on board.

What's MM supposed to do? Any resistance on his part in the face of the semi-contrite (with the emphasis on "semi") Favre would just make him look like a d*ck to the still-large contingent of Favre backers among the Packer loyalists.

If a few kind words and a smile avoids another PR debacle and distraction going into the season, so be it.

The whole effort on the Packer side is an exercise in resignation. Favre was wrong in the end, and a counterproductive force in some important respects for many years, but with the pile of stats, the one Lombardi (thanks Reggie, thanks LeRoy, thanks Desmond, thanks Mike), and the foggy lens of time, none of that matters.

Unless your HOFer franchise QB kills somebody, resistance becomes a war of attrition. Not embracing Favre before he goes into the Hall just makes the franchise look bitter and spiteful, and even if that's not exactly how it is the broader world will see it that way.

It's fortunate Murphy came in after the divorce. He can carry the water on this with some semblance of genuineness.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he will touch Favre's career numbers, unless he plays at a high level into his 40s, but I think his season averages in passing yards, TDs and INTs will top Favre. I also think he'll retire with the highest career passer rating of all time and that record will be untouchable for a long time.

I agree with all of your statement there. With regards to the interceptions thing ... average per season is one thing. However, I don't think Rodgers will ever get to the point where he'll be reckless with the season on the line, like Favre did. I'm not implying that Favre threw picks on purpose or anything, but, with his style, picks were more likely. Make no mistake ... I acknowledge that Favre's sandlot junk balls and water balloons up in the air, won us a LOT of games over the years. But it totally became a detriment toward the end. I think we can all agree on that, to some degree.

Rodgers doesn't play like that. He's way more on the safe side, more like a Joe Montana, Steve Young type of smarts player. Favre came in, and was, a gunslinger, gambler type. Rodgers is more of a scientist, dissect a play out, etc. type of QB. They're very, very different types of players and QB's. We've been spoiled and blessed at QB for 20+ years. Not many franchises can say that.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
What's MM supposed to do? Any resistance on his part in the face of the semi-contrite (with the emphasis on "semi") Favre would just make him look like a d*ck to the still-large contingent of Favre backers among the Packer loyalists.

If a few kind words and a smile avoids another PR debacle and distraction going into the season, so be it.

The whole effort on the Packer side is an exercise in resignation. Favre was wrong in the end, and a counterproductive force in some important respects for many years, but with the pile of stats, the one Lombardi (thanks Reggie, thanks LeRoy, thanks Desmond, thanks Mike), and the foggy lens of time, none of that matters.

Unless your HOFer franchise QB kills somebody, resistance becomes a war of attrition. Not embracing Favre before he goes into the Hall just makes the franchise look bitter and spiteful, and even if that's not exactly how it is the broader world will see it that way.

It's fortunate Murphy came in after the divorce. He can carry the water on this with some semblance of genuineness.

Mike can afford to be magnanimous, he's been proven right in nearly every instance. Now that the Pack are reaping the fruits of their successes, welcoming a repentant Favre back into the fold helps bring peace to the fan base who bought the Jets jerseys in 2008. It's a uniting gesture that only makes sense.

H

HardRightEdge

Mike can afford to be magnanimous, he's been proven right in nearly every instance. Now that the Pack are reaping the fruits of their successes, welcoming a repentant Favre back into the fold helps bring peace to the fan base who bought the Jets jerseys in 2008. It's a uniting gesture that only makes sense.

That's certainly what I would try persuade myself to think if I were in his shoes.

The problem remains, MM is at his core all about preparation, study, practice, fundamentals, execution. Every time he mentions "availability" what prime example must come to mind?

Favre is a shining beacon of the playground ethos...just show up on game day and play...the rest fills the time in between. In the end, that's something that could not be reconciled with the MM principles. In those private moments, one would hope it never is.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
That's certainly what I would try persuade myself to think if I were in his shoes.

The problem remains, MM is at his core all about preparation, study, practice, fundamentals, execution. Every time he mentions "availability" what prime example must come to mind?

Favre is a shining beacon of the playground ethos...just show up on game day and play...the rest fills the time in between. In the end, that's not something that could not be reconciled with the MM principles. In those private moments, one would hope it would never is.

MM's preparation goes to the team on the field, making peace with the "prodigal son" who is going through the motions and trying to work his way back into everyone's good graces makes sense since he has nothing to lose. Everyone knows Brent was at fault, accepting his attempts at reconciliation shows Mikey can be merciful and not hold a grudge which reflects well on him.

M

mayo44

I agree with all of your statement there. With regards to the interceptions thing ... average per season is one thing. However, I don't think Rodgers will ever get to the point where he'll be reckless with the season on the line, like Favre did. I'm not implying that Favre threw picks on purpose or anything, but, with his style, picks were more likely. Make no mistake ... I acknowledge that Favre's sandlot junk balls and water balloons up in the air, won us a LOT of games over the years. But it totally became a detriment toward the end. I think we can all agree on that, to some degree.

Rodgers doesn't play like that. He's way more on the safe side, more like a Joe Montana, Steve Young type of smarts player. Favre came in, and was, a gunslinger, gambler type. Rodgers is more of a scientist, dissect a play out, etc. type of QB. They're very, very different types of players and QB's. We've been spoiled and blessed at QB for 20+ years. Not many franchises can say that.

I think perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my statement. When I said he'd top Favre in INTs, I meant he would do better i.e. throw fewer INTs per year than Favre did.

M

mayo44

MM's preparation goes to the team on the field, making peace with the "prodigal son" who is going through the motions and trying to work his way back into everyone's good graces makes sense since he has nothing to lose. Everyone knows Brent was at fault, accepting his attempts at reconciliation shows Mikey can be merciful and not hold a grudge which reflects well on him.

The attempts at reconciliation are coming from BOTH sides. BTW, if not holding a grudge reflects well on MM, then how does holding a grudge reflect? And how do you know he's just "going through the motions?"

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Compared to the tenor of your comments in the other thread, I'm enjoying your more pragmatic approach here. More or less gets at my attitude on the matter. Cheers.

Favre is a shining beacon of the playground ethos...just show up on game day and play...the rest fills the time in between. In the end, that's something that could not be reconciled with the MM principles. In those private moments, one would hope it never is.

You've had several quality observations/posts in this thread, HRE. "Playground ethos" is a great description.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
To be clear: I think people on both sides of the argument can agree it's best for Mike to "take the high road" and push for reconciliation. That doesn't change many of the fan's attitude toward BF and skepticism regarding his sincerity.

As for the other thread, we all said our peace there, no need to continue beating the proverbial dead horse in other threads.

M

mayo44

That doesn't change many of the fan's attitude toward BF and skepticism regarding his sincerity.

Not attempting to recreate that other thread here, but just an honest question since you brought it up. What possible motive could BF have to go through the pains of reconciliation if his heart isn't in it? I can't think of anything ulterior.

I guess you could say so he can get his name on the ring, but that doesn't really work, because if he hates the Packers so much, why would he want his name there in the first place?

Anywho, feel free to answer or ignore if you want. I'm going to bed :sleep:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not attempting to recreate that other thread here, but just an honest question since you brought it up. What possible motive could BF have to go through the pains of reconciliation if his heart isn't in it? I can't think of anything ulterior.

I guess you could say so he can get his name on the ring, but that doesn't really work, because if he hates the Packers so much, why would he want his name there in the first place?

Anywho, feel free to answer or ignore if you want. I'm going to bed :sleep:

$

Members online

Latest posts