Favre says he can still make deep throws

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GJ knew those balls were underthrown.

That saftey came flying at least 20 yrds across the field, jumped up, made a fabulous finger tip catch, while staying in bounds. Then the CB completely leveled GJ.

Taylor was way more athletic on that pick than GJ. Taylor wanted the ball more.

Sorry, but in a cover 2 defense, the saftey plays way deep. way behind the WR, so i am confused on your thoughts on Taylor under-cutting the route.

GJ never even left his feet, he was not going to fight for that pass.

Taylor owned GJ

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
i know #4 can still throw the deep ball.

i do not know why GJ was not able to judge the ball was underthrown, and come back and make a play.

instead GJ lets a saftey run 30 yards across the field and jump up and make a play.

GJ looked like a timid version of Fergie, the CB leveled GJ after the int

Moss woulda cought it........Oops i did it again :p 8) :roll

koren would have caught it!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
pack_in_black said:
i say a wr that is that wide open, should be able to jdge the ball is underthrown and make a play on the ball b/f the safety does.

so what, the ball is a little underthrown, adjust make a play.

Jennings had the safety beat by 10 yards!!! Why should he have to do a 180 and fight for the ball?!?!? He was WIDE OPEN. He's the one who got himself WIDE OPEN. Brett's the one who made a ****** throw.

unless you are GJ, then you know the skins are playing cover 2, the S is deep, he is coming over the top, if i make a play on the ball both the CB & the S are going to hit me.

So GJ just keeps running and lets the ball be picked!

It's the QB's job to understand what the defense is doing, and make plays according to that, not the WR's job. The safety cut underneath, not over the top because, again, the ball was underthrown. you know Jennings runs those slants fearlessly, why would he care on a deep fade?

Maybe instead of GJ "just running" and "letting" the ball get picked, the QB could actually skip all that crap and make the appropriate throw? Jennings took care of his responsibilty, he beat the safety deep. Favre missed his responsibilty by not putting it in the hands of his WIDE OPEN WR.

Cool, so what youre saying is every time Favre makes a bad throw our receivers should punish him by not fighting for the ball. Maybe thats how you play sports Pack in Black but a professional, especially a football player is supposed to fight for it instead of complaining and crying.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED RANDY MOSS. Moss adjusts and fights and comes down with the ball. If our guys dont want to do that, sit their ***** on the bench. I promise you Driver would adjust and fight for the ball regardless.
Moss is NOT going to be here. Thats over and done. Moss has a special talent, no doubt. But he plays for NE. He's not ours, most likely never will be. So is the reason to pick a few bad plays our WR's made (or didn't make) just a hidden agenda here? Just another "I wanted Moss!" rant? Yes, woulda been nice to have him........he chose otherwise. We can't do anything about it.
As far as what i have seen from GJ, he seems to be a pretty darn good WR. Perfect? No. Is Moss perfect? No. I remember Moss taking plays off, pouting when things haven't gone his way. If things suddenly went south for NE, i bet Moss would revert to his TRUE self. As long as things are rosey, he will behave. ANYONE can do that.
James Jones 2 fumbles probably cost us the Bears game. By the same token, i have seen him make some great catches, and he's only a rookie. I think we will see lots more great plays from him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone needs a Randy Moss.
I know. But there is only ONE "Randy Moss!" Just like there is only one "Terrel Owens" (thank god!).
If Moss was here, i'd be cheering for him. He's not, and he didn't choose to honor us with his presence. So why cry over spilled milk? (I tried that, and all it did was make the milk salty) :lol:

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That saftey came flying at least 20 yrds across the field, jumped up, made a fabulous finger tip catch, while staying in bounds. Then the CB completely leveled GJ.

Sorry, but in a cover 2 defense, the saftey plays way deep. way behind the WR, so i am confused on your thoughts on Taylor under-cutting the route.

Taylor owned GJ

Seriously. Watch this video and tell me the WR's didn't have their guys smoked.

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/op...i_was_matchup_300k.wmv&proto=mms?mswmext=.asx

The plays in question start at the 3:00 mark. On all three passes the WR had his man beat quite easily.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. btw it was Jones that didn't catch that ball, not Jennings, AND even frreakin' Randy Moss doesn't make that catch. No receiver that far in front of the ball is going to do anything but watch Taylor get that pick.

I'll also add that this looks like zone coverage so the corner was passing the receiver to the safety. Nobody was beat, he was open but no one was beat.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Taylor owned GJ

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/op...i_was_matchup_300k.wmv&proto=mms?mswmext=.asx

The plays in question start at the 3:00 mark. On all three passes the WR had his man beat quite easily.

seriously-it was a jump ball, GJ was owned by taylor on that play.

the more agressive, physical player made the play!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Taylor owned GJ

Taylor had a head start when Favre pump faked in that same direction.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. btw it was Jones that didn't catch that ball, not Jennings, AND even frreakin' Randy Moss doesn't make that catch. No receiver that far in front of the ball is going to do anything but watch Taylor get that pick.

I'll also add that this looks like zone coverage so the corner was passing the receiver to the safety. Nobody was beat, he was open but no one was beat.
wrong
the play where brett dbl pumed then threw short was to GJ

Wrong again, it was cover 2

taylor had no problem making a play on the bALL

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Taylor owned GJ

a head start on what

GJ was open by 10 yrds.

taylor ran GJ down, out jumped GJ, and made the play!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:

Taylor owned GJ

a head start on what

GJ was open by 10 yrds.

taylor ran GJ down, out jumped GJ, and made the play!

Favre gave a pump towards Jennings before he threw that ball. When he gave the pump it froze the corner but the safety was able to get a head start on heading towards GJ before the ball even left Favre's hands. Basically Favre drew the safety over to Greg Jennings.

Jennings certainly didn't fight for the ball but it's Favre job to make that throw and that he did not. To hold Jennings responsible for being 5'11" and not going up and out jumping a 6"4 safety is a little iffy in my opinion.

Had Jennings out jumped Taylor and made the play he likely would've been down.

Had Favre made the right throw, it would've been a touchdown. You can't hold Favre to every throw because he's human but you can't hold Jennings to every INT made off of a under thrown ball, especially one like this.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The guys were behind the entire defense. The safeties were clearly beat deep.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
dhpackr said:

Taylor owned GJ

seriously-it was a jump ball, GJ was owned by taylor on that play.

the more agressive, physical player made the play!

GJ had to completely stop his sprint and turn around the ball was so underthrown.

Its amazing how we can argue about clear video evidence.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
pack_in_black said:
i say a wr that is that wide open, should be able to jdge the ball is underthrown and make a play on the ball b/f the safety does.

so what, the ball is a little underthrown, adjust make a play.

Jennings had the safety beat by 10 yards!!! Why should he have to do a 180 and fight for the ball?!?!? He was WIDE OPEN. He's the one who got himself WIDE OPEN. Brett's the one who made a ****** throw.

unless you are GJ, then you know the skins are playing cover 2, the S is deep, he is coming over the top, if i make a play on the ball both the CB & the S are going to hit me.

So GJ just keeps running and lets the ball be picked!

It's the QB's job to understand what the defense is doing, and make plays according to that, not the WR's job. The safety cut underneath, not over the top because, again, the ball was underthrown. you know Jennings runs those slants fearlessly, why would he care on a deep fade?

Maybe instead of GJ "just running" and "letting" the ball get picked, the QB could actually skip all that crap and make the appropriate throw? Jennings took care of his responsibilty, he beat the safety deep. Favre missed his responsibilty by not putting it in the hands of his WIDE OPEN WR.

Cool, so what youre saying is every time Favre makes a bad throw our receivers should punish him by not fighting for the ball. Maybe thats how you play sports Pack in Black but a professional, especially a football player is supposed to fight for it instead of complaining and crying.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED RANDY MOSS. Moss adjusts and fights and comes down with the ball. If our guys dont want to do that, sit their ***** on the bench. I promise you Driver would adjust and fight for the ball regardless.

Its harder for a wide open wr to back track and come back to the ball when his momentum is pushing him the opposite way..

Then you have the db with momentum going the correct way towards the ball..

That is what I think what happened on those plays

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Chuck it 85 yards down the field on the first play Brett and shut them doubters up for good.

79 and 82 yards. Almost. ;)

I think that will shut up them doubters for good. :cool:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Chuck it 85 yards down the field on the first play Brett and shut them doubters up for good.

79 and 82 yards. Almost. ;)

I think that will shut up them doubters for good. :cool:
Nah.....they will just find something else to moan about!!! :wink:

Members online

Latest posts