1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre says future may be tied to Sherman's fate...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NDPackerFan, Nov 4, 2005.

1. PPierce

PPierce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a threat. He knows none of us want him to go. I've always admired Favre. This is the first year he's dented my image of him a little. He knows darn well Sherman will stay, no matter how bad he is, if Brett doesn't want him to leave. And I don't like it. JMO

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You people make me sad. You praise Brett Favre over Mike Sherman week in and week out, but when Favre supports Sherman all of the sudden Favre's image is tarnished in your eyes. Give me a break!

One would think support for Sherman would rise upon Favre's endorsement, but apparently you people know better than Favre. :roll:

Nice of you all to pick and choose and flip-flop to whatever suits your fancy.

If Brett Favre has that much confidence in Sherman, then so do I. It's great that someone can act like a leader on that team.

3. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm just wondering what else you think brett should say? sherman sucks, i can't wait till the packers bring in a new guy? brett is a leader on that team, he has to support his coach, its the way brett favre was taught to play the game. by homey, and his dad. :lol:

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    up yours net..

don't you believe it...if somehow Mooch or Holmgren could be coach of The Packers..Favre would stay...believe it!

and I don't think he has much respect for SherRossley..but realizes that if somebody came in with a completely different system it would be a total rebuilding year, and I doubt he wants that either...

so SherRossley's the lesser of two evils...

But i think it depends on who would be coming in...and if that person would tailor the offensive philosophy to something similar to what the Pack has now...but would be able to teach it and run it waaay waaay better!

Then Favre would stay...

oh..and the new coach would have to be able to make good gametime adjustments and decisions...but you couldn't be much worse than SherRossley...

5. IU_packfan

IU_packfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    back to the drafting question, has it really been that bad? true there have been some very poor decisions, but isnt that the case with most teams. over the past few years, including this year we have numerous players starting and giving good playing time: barnett, bubba, walker, carroll is coming on, nick collins looks good, and whitticker will come into his own. what most of us do not realize is that the team is pretty young, especially on defense. the packers will be fine, brett will come back for one more year because he understands all this, and coupled with the injuries he knows the potential of this team better than most of us do. if he does come back it will be a good sign for the future of the packers because it shows that he believes in them

IU_packfan

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Last warning, I fail to see how this adds anything to the thread other than it being a personal attack.

7. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN, DH!!!! i was just reading this thread & wondering the exact same thing!!! i mean, here we are bitchin about how TO is trashing his team & yet some of you think brett should, in essence, do the exact same thing??? i don't understand the logic. :shrug:

8. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol: ty illy. i'm new to the forum myself, hope you enjoy the forum.
    GO PACKERS!!!!