Favre says 2009 best season ever

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a very good article.

Just one thing. I did not hear any talk about Rodgers wanting to start and threatening to leave.

What I did hear is that, once he was named the starter, that he was feeling backstabbed when the talk about Favre coming back to being a starter began, and rightfully so...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Aaron, What are your thoughts on Brett Favre coming back to the Packers?" NBC SPORTS

"...Before all this stuff went down, I was the starting quarterback and that was my focus. As of this moment I’m still the starting quarterback." Rodgers

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant say enough about how classy the kid was when a good majority of the fans were up in arms at first

fataldrummer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a very good article.

Just one thing. I did not hear any talk about Rodgers wanting to start and threatening to leave.

What I did hear is that, once he was named the starter, that he was feeling backstabbed when the talk about Favre coming back to being a starter began, and rightfully so...

Thanks for the read!! I remember hearing it somewhere, just rumors, but I never believed it was true, and certainly the classy Rodgers wouldn't have said anything. But still, I felt it was relevant to include in the article. :viksux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the photo of his sprained ankle must have won something....it's probably the first sprained ankle put on the web. I've seen worse in high school players.
LOL, I never saw that photo actually. Heard about it, never saw it.
However it looked, I want his ribs, shoulder, and right hand to look like it early on October 24th. Like the first drive for the Vikings, trailing already 7-0.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
However it looked, I want his ribs, shoulder, and right hand to look like it early on October 24th. Like the first drive for the Vikings, trailing already 7-0.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah. Another photo like Y.A. Tittle kneeling wouldn't bother me with this character.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i want for xmas is Favre throwing 3 pick-6's against the packers, one to woodson, one to collins, & morgan burnett

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am not saying this, but like I said, just because you go to the SB does not mean you had a better year statistically. And Favre in 09, put up better numbers in many categories than he did in the 96 season, so I repeat, he had a better season in 09 statistically than he did in 96

I bet Trent Dilfer who won 1 superbowl in his entire career would say that when he won it all with Baltimore........that was his best season. Not because of his stats.......but because he won the Superbowl and didn't **** it up for his team.

The Vikings no doubt should have been in the superbowl........and probably would have if he didn't throw that last pick. Just like the Giants game when he played for the Packers. Too bad they didn't go to the Superbowl. They would have gotten spanked.......and Favre and Tarkenton would then have something in common.

I personally hope he comes back. Since their is little or no chance he would have a season like he did last season........I am sure it is going to benefit our Packers. I would love to see Favre picking his *** off our home field several times looking pissed off and frustrated instead of that **** eating grin he had last year. Raji in his face all day with Matthews cleaning his clock!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Favre picking his *** off our home field several times looking pissed off and frustrated instead of that **** eating grin he had last year. Raji in his face all day with Matthews cleaning his clock!!!

Amen Brother!

henrypilarski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found myself a little confused last season. I love the Packers, but moved to Minnesota 10 years ago and not warmed up to Aaron Rodgers I found myself rooting for Favre, not so much the Vikings, but just Favre. You have to admit he's a legend and a great football player no matter what team he plays for.

Love him or hate him, you have to put yourself in his shoes, you know that you are getting old, but at the same time you know you got a few years left. Now you want to end your career with the team you built your career on, but now some new guy is coming to replace you.

If you feel betrayed as a Packer fan, think how he felt as a Packers player pretty much forced into retirement...

Wouldn't you want to rub it in that the old guy still has something left?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
again another guy believing the Packers were the bad guy

He is now a Viking, so I want him to be one game worse than the Packers

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found myself a little confused last season. I love the Packers, but moved to Minnesota 10 years ago and not warmed up to Aaron Rodgers I found myself rooting for Favre, not so much the Vikings, but just Favre. You have to admit he's a legend and a great football player no matter what team he plays for.

Love him or hate him, you have to put yourself in his shoes, you know that you are getting old, but at the same time you know you got a few years left. Now you want to end your career with the team you built your career on, but now some new guy is coming to replace you.

If you feel betrayed as a Packer fan, think how he felt as a Packers player pretty much forced into retirement...

confused? let me clear that up for you. your not a packer fan, because packer fans dont cheer for the vikings. Your a fan of brett favre. and "forced to retire"? Thats a load of ****.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

You might want to check your facts. Farve manipulated his way out of GB.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody forced anybody into "retirement." All he had to do was come back in 2008 and he would've been our starter. He was the one who wanted out of GB. He even admitted in that teary PC he gave everything he could to the Packers and had nothing left to give. But cheering for Favre in MN? I do not understand this type of thinking. As long as #4 wears purple no Packer fan would want him or his team to have any success because it directly affects the fortunes of the Green Bay Packers. I had no problem with him playing in NY. He looked goofy in that shade of green but I hoped he did well so we'd get a higher draft pick. But when he went to MN all bets were off. I now have about as much regard for #4 as I do for Cutlet in Chicago.

:viksux: :chisux:

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody forced anybody into "retirement." All he had to do was come back in 2008 and he would've been our starter. He was the one who wanted out of GB.
:viksux: :chisux:

The dude could not make up his mind........and after TT and MM asked him several times what the hell he was going to do.....he said retire.......well maybe not......ummmmm let me think about it some more............wait until my left nut heals.............and now it did but my right one hurts now........blah....blah...blah.......! So the Packers made his decision for him. Just think if everyone that plays for the Packers did that!

Screw Favre!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

realpackerbacker is back!!! and his name is henry pilarski

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts